Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thisisagame24
yea i noticed that there werent any spacers either but there are droop screws to adjust the ride hight
well i finally got it working...i had the number 2 pistons in instead of three....but the fronts were still soft has hell so i took the spacer clips from my hpi rs4 and threw them on and they work great....thanks for all of your help guys
I might have missed something, just curious, did it say to add oil to the shocks? Why would the pistons make a difference if there is no oil? I thougth the drift kit didn't use oil in the shocks?

You should never use droop screws to set ride height, that wouldn't allow any down travel of the suspension? Maybe it will drift better that way?
Old 08-19-2005, 08:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

you are right there is no oil in these shocks....which is kind of wierd...im still trying to figure out how they work especially since the springs they give you are very soft but i saw on yokomo's website that they make a threaded shock for these kits...so im gunna pick my self up a set and see if they perform any better....or actually make sence in how they work

another question would ill a need to do to make this car in to an on road racer be to put normal shock and tires on....besides mess around with the set up ?????
Old 08-19-2005, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thisisagame24
you are right there is no oil in these shocks....which is kind of wierd...im still trying to figure out how they work especially since the springs they give you are very soft but i saw on yokomo's website that they make a threaded shock for these kits...so im gunna pick my self up a set and see if they perform any better....or actually make sence in how they work

another question would ill a need to do to make this car in to an on road racer be to put normal shock and tires on....besides mess around with the set up ?????
It would be pretty easy, the regular shocks and some springs are a must.

The Drift car chassis and chassis parts are all plastic, but that shouldn't stop you from racing stock or even 19Turn class. Up grades would be composite graphite parts in place of the plastic parts and of course reg tires and wheels. You would have a pretty basic racer even without the graphite parts.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default My Race DAY!!!

The LCG was beautiful today!!! It was my first time to run it with a One way and it was better for me than running it with a spool!!!
I bought my way in to the Last spot in the A-Main Was supposed to start 2nd in the Bmain. (bought my spot with donuts and Ice tea along with the 9th guy in the Amain)
1st run: got only 3rd-- was supposed to be 2nd.
2nd: fourth
3rd: fifth (could not run well in the dark)

I just wanted to share that my LCG was on rails and run flawlessly and no broken parts!!! Now, if only someone could show me the way where to buy: Driving Skills

Hope all your run was as happy as mine!!!
Old 08-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

I got my front Rayspeed CVD's today. They look...well...brittle to say the least. I think I'm just going to save them for the Nats b/c I'm thinking one clip of a cornerdot, in 19t, will snap a bone.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I'm holding out for the TiR world's CVD's...
Old 08-22-2005, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

ive got some worlds shafts on the way, there quite easy to get hold of in the uk, try www.microtechracing.com for them, they ship worldwide, but it might end up quite pricey for you.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks, I'll check it out...
Old 08-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
I got my front Rayspeed CVD's today. They look...well...brittle to say the least. I think I'm just going to save them for the Nats b/c I'm thinking one clip of a cornerdot, in 19t, will snap a bone.
Just replace the bones with the ones from IRS BIG DAWG BONES or the ones from AE TC4.

You could just enlarged the slots on the Diffs/One Way.
At least the TC4 Bones are the cheaper alternative.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Just a few pics of my LCG... I raced it on carpet on Sunday and it was dialed... never had a car that felt better...

Edit: I didn't used the nitro motor... I uploaded the wrong picture...
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-cimg1365.jpg   Yokomo MR-4TC SD-cimg1366.jpg   Yokomo MR-4TC SD-cimg1367.jpg   Yokomo MR-4TC SD-cimg1369.jpg   Yokomo MR-4TC SD-cimg1364.jpg  

Old 08-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Oh... and I forgot my question...
As you can see I used swaybars in front and in rear. The track is tight and has a lot of grip. And that's my question: When do you use swaybars? I use them when the track is big and flowing and/or the traction is high... I'm not sure whether I'm right at this point....

Thanks
Old 08-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

I thought you used sway-bars when you wanted to reduce some bodyroll in the corners, keeping the car flatter throughout its motion... -JB
Old 08-23-2005, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speedy-932
Oh... and I forgot my question...
As you can see I used swaybars in front and in rear. The track is tight and has a lot of grip. And that's my question: When do you use swaybars? I use them when the track is big and flowing and/or the traction is high... I'm not sure whether I'm right at this point....

Thanks

Yeah, sway bars take away grip by leveling the roll and reducing the force on the outer tire. So.....if you want your car to rotate hard midcorner, like doing a slow 180, then maybe you shouldn't use front and rear swaybars. Using a rear swaybar will give you this effect. Using a front swaybar will make your steering smoother and give you a wide steering arch. Making the car faster on flowing and/or sweeping turns. Also, helps alot on low-traction tracks. Here's the general rule, put a swaybar on the opposite end that you want traction.

Do you have any pics of your track?
Old 08-23-2005, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Is anybody running a plastic spool? I've been using on for 19t and stock racing and some modified practice. It's held up well and had low wear on the outdrives. I've broken more axle's and bones with a plastic than outdrives. Which is kinda strange b/c the plastic is soooooo soft.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by speedy-932
Just a few pics of my LCG... I raced it on carpet on Sunday and it was dialed... never had a car that felt better...

Edit: I didn't used the nitro motor... I uploaded the wrong picture...
NICE I see you have aluminum nuckles.

Does anyone know of somewhere that still sells the aluminum nuckles for the SD and BD, they seem to have gone out of production

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.