Old 01-20-2005, 07:40 PM

thanks matt.

www.yokomousa.com has some setups also.

btw, which car did you get
Old 01-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default SPRINGS

Does any one know how the RS springs cpmare to the normal (but shorter) Yok Springs?
Old 01-20-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i picked up the SD i had the TC3 for a few years now and i like i just want to race somthing diff! play around a lil
Old 01-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Matt Howard

Hi!! I was looking at your SPOOL set-up , and will copy it. My question is, did you use standard CVD's? Will the square Ti bones hold up or do you recomend using the new RS MIP CVD's in front?

And to achieve six degrees up front I will just add one (1) spacer on the front suspension mount, right?

Thanks and Stay Warm in Korea!!

Blue_74: here.....
Does any one know how the RS springs cpmare to the normal (but shorter) Yok Springs?
YOKOMO RAYSPEED
Orange 18.87 Gray 19.90
Green 16.06 Red 18.25
Pink 14.93 White 17.17
Yellow 14.71 Yellow 14.87
White 12.94 Blue 14.29
Blue 12.12 Green 13.20
Old 01-21-2005, 04:31 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Matt Howard

Originally posted by lem2
Hi!! I was looking at your SPOOL set-up , and will copy it. My question is, did you use standard CVD's? Will the square Ti bones hold up or do you recomend using the new RS MIP CVD's in front?

And to achieve six degrees up front I will just add one (1) spacer on the front suspension mount, right?

I always run the yokomo hardened universals up front. I've never tried the Ti bones or the RS CVD's so I don't know how well they'll hold up. I'm pretty sure that one "notched" spacer is equal to one degree when used under a suspension mount so you'll need two. The unnotched spacer is equal to 1 mm.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Matt,
Do you have a good carpet set up for the cgm or do you know anywhere I can get one?
thanks
keith
Old 01-21-2005, 05:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by kt racing
Matt,
Do you have a good carpet set up for the cgm or do you know anywhere I can get one?
thanks
keith
on www.yokomo.tk try tosolini's carpet nats setup or his cleveland setup. I've ran slight variations of both and they're really good. I didn't have the gas car springs he used so I ran AE purples up front and AE copper in the rear.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:45 AM

Originally posted by onroad dude
i picked up the SD i had the TC3 for a few years now and i like i just want to race somthing diff! play around a lil
lol. there are many "SDs" the silver SSG, the "black" (same as ssg but black), the "CGM" and the WORLDS. and then theres the RAYSPEED conversion for the sd.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Matt Howard

Originally posted by Matt Howard
I always run the yokomo hardened universals up front. I've never tried the Ti bones or the RS CVD's so I don't know how well they'll hold up. I'm pretty sure that one "notched" spacer is equal to one degree when used under a suspension mount so you'll need two. The unnotched spacer is equal to 1 mm.
Thank You SIr!!! Will try that on our Bigrace atthe end of the month! Just waiting for parts to come to rebuild my CGM.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Keith why do you need a carpet setup for a cgm? Thought you went to a TC4. I'm using tosilini's cleveland setup, I think (the one with out all the mod's). You should try out my car feels like it's on rails.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Matt,
Much thanks with all your help,
I went out to 4 Fun Hobbies yesterday (all day) ran about twelve packs and from what your recommended plus the stock RS setup, I was nearly perfect (at least as I have been in long while) I need to make some adjustments but only minor ones, Maybe a degree of toe or camber and tire setups, wanted to just try different bodies and gear ratios yesterday. Found what you have recommended was right there, I only went up or down one tooth. I have to say. WOW this car handles like a dream on outdoor asphalt.
I will make a trip to SoCal next week I hope and do the same thing over again but will try tire, toe, camber and spring settings as the everything else should be right with it. Any hints for SoCal I don't know if you have run there much. By the way I am going to try my first series this year (Jimmy Babcock Sedan Series which starts in April-September). I hope all this setup testing works out, as it has intimidated me for so long (which is non-sence because little changes make big results(I was making big changes and was getting horable results)) I guess I had to go back to basics. Oh well I just wanted to say thanks, not write a novel.
Thanks for listening,
Stephen <><
Old 01-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Hey Matt,
Much thanks with all your help,
I went out to 4 Fun Hobbies yesterday (all day) ran about twelve packs and from what your recommended plus the stock RS setup, I was nearly perfect (at least as I have been in long while) I need to make some adjustments but only minor ones, Maybe a degree of toe or camber and tire setups, wanted to just try different bodies and gear ratios yesterday. Found what you have recommended was right there, I only went up or down one tooth. I have to say. WOW this car handles like a dream on outdoor asphalt.
I will make a trip to SoCal next week I hope and do the same thing over again but will try tire, toe, camber and spring settings as the everything else should be right with it. Any hints for SoCal I don't know if you have run there much. By the way I am going to try my first series this year (Jimmy Babcock Sedan Series which starts in April-September). I hope all this setup testing works out, as it has intimidated me for so long (which is non-sence because little changes make big results(I was making big changes and was getting horable results)) I guess I had to go back to basics. Oh well I just wanted to say thanks, not write a novel.
Thanks for listening,
Stephen <><
Hey Stephen,

I might be out at SoCal next Saturday, maybe I'll see you there

Steve Wang
Old 01-21-2005, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hey Stephen,

I might be out at SoCal next Saturday, maybe I'll see you there

Steve Wang
In deed I think I can convice the wife to let me go next saturday,,,,maybe. Only because the on road races at Hotrod's starts in two weeks and the wife already cleared me for that week. I will try my best to shumzzzzzzzz her.
Anyway if I can I see ya there.
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 01-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Shookie, are you going to do the OC circuit races? There is one in Bakersfield at showtime this sunday and i believe the next one is at hot rods.

Blake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.