Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Tag....the car thats being sold in Japan will have a front 1 way in the kit but the car sold here in the US will have a front diff in the kit. But like Axiom said you can just buy one if you need it.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I broke the Yokomo today. But I have parts on the way. Should be here next week. Mean time I'm gonna either borrow my Evo3 back from my friend or race my old Yokomo YR4M2 Pro. Right now I'm trying to glue the A-arm that I broke today. And build/strengthen it up. I wasn't even racing the car just driving around, but it snagged a piece of wood sticking out. Well who knows, it might work. I'll find out later on. Anyhow, back to da Yok.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:54 AM
Tech Regular

i hope im not making a mistake... the 414 came with all the hop ups and its gonna be the same price..... maybe i should re-think this. the 414 never really broke anything if you caught something small and the arm broke i may have to really think it over again....
Old 04-24-2003, 07:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by KilRuf
Well I broke the Yokomo today. But I have parts on the way. Should be here next week. Mean time I'm gonna either borrow my Evo3 back from my friend or race my old Yokomo YR4M2 Pro. Right now I'm trying to glue the A-arm that I broke today. And build/strengthen it up. I wasn't even racing the car just driving around, but it snagged a piece of wood sticking out. Well who knows, it might work. I'll find out later on. Anyhow, back to da Yok.
Oh no... did I just order a brokomo
I don't know if I want this car anymore if it break that easy

Last edited by Eddie M; 04-24-2003 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:36 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've really been surprised at how people have reacted to this no front one-way thing. Its really not that big a deal to buy one later. Especially if you race a different types of tracks. You never know when that one-way just wont work. Or in some cases, you may not be allowed to use it.(Reedy race) Also, diffs work for more people and even the strongest one-ways are less durable than a diff, so the item that works for the most people and is more durable should be included with the kit.

Also, the breakage stuff. From what I have been reading, people have been taking some pretty good impacts on some pretty 'unmoveable' objects, to break this stuff. I'll be taking it easy until I get some extra parts in my box, but I do that with all my new kits. But there just aren't enough people with the car at this point to determine whether breakage is an issue.

But, some of these issues seem pretty simple to solve to me.

-Anyone who doesn't like that it doesn't have a front one-way included....buy a kit from Japan. It would be my guess though, that after paying the higher price for the Japan kit, and paying the over seas shipping cost, it will be much cheaper to just get the U.S. kit and buy a one-way. Plus, you'll have an extra diff!

-We've seen a lot of people come on as say they would "have to think it over" or "weren't sure anymore". Heres a thought, don't get it right away. Sit back, take a look at the results once more people have the car, then see if you still want it. Simple! Even though it may seem that way, we don't always have to get kits as soon as they come out. Heck, other than my Tamiya F201, this is the only kit I've ever pre-ordered.

-If your really not sure about getting the car......don't get it! That means that fewer people will have a kit like mine! Thats the way I like it! ........j/k!
Old 04-24-2003, 07:38 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Eddie M
Yeah.....who would want a car that breaks when you hit a piece of wood!

How dare they make such a weak car!

Old 04-24-2003, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Eddie M

Which car doesn't break?

Opps, I'll take that back - YR-4M2 PRO....
Old 04-24-2003, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

CML in UK just E mailed me an exploded view of the SD together with a price list for all the bits.

I notice a few bits that are the same as the MR4, but not many. They tell me they should have the car kits this week.

I also ordered a load of the obvious spares.

I didn't order a one way because I would first like to see if the MR4 one way can be adapted to fit. I have plenty of those in stock.

Looks like I may have the car some time next week. Can't wait.

In the meantime however I still get lots of pleasure out of the MR4 Special. We had our Easter Cup meeting last weekend and I finished 2nd overall in modified. I ran the car with a 10 x 1 motor and made fastest time on two of the three finals, winning one of them.

This weekend we are back to the championship so i have just put the stock motor and gearing back in. pity though. Mod is so much more fun.

DARKSEID. looks like you may be getting yours before I do. Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Chris- I had a 414M2 and if I remember right that car didn't come with Ti turnbuckles or the all the extra toe-in blocks. The toe-in blocks themselves were about $20 a peice and there was three of them so that's $60, now figure in the price of the Ti turnbuckle set and you're close to $80-$90 you have to spend on the car. Now figure in the $50 for a one-way for the SD and which car is a better deal? Bottom line is the manufacturers can't include all the hop ups into the car, it would just be too expensive. They've got to pick and choose which ones to include in each market. Looking at how AE and Losi sold their top-of-the-line kits in the U.S., no one-ways, Yokomo went the same route for the SD kits in the U.S.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by komkit
Which car doesn't break?
TAMIYA

the issue about the one way is that if your paying a high amount for a kit it should come with all the good stuff as my 414 did...
Old 04-24-2003, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

johnbull -- can you post the exploded view here or can we e-mail you for a copy? Thanks.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by komkit
Which car doesn't break?
Try the Corally C4.1 or just about any Schumacher TC. Now those are some cars that stand the test of time!....And the test of wood....And the test of pipe.....And the test of curbs.....And the test of cinder blocks!

Ummmm....not that I hit all that stuff while I was driving those cars though<clears throat>I....I....I...was just speaking for the people who might have hit things like that before!

Ummmm...not me though!
Old 04-24-2003, 12:28 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Chris@WeaponR
the issue about the one way is that if your paying a high amount for a kit it should come with all the good stuff as my 414 did...
The one problem with your theory is that your figuring that everyone thinks the same way you do. Not everyone feels that including a front one way IS "the good stuff".

I've heard some people who have bought the new Barracuda R2 say that they wish the car had come with a diff instead of the one way.

So theres a car that did include your version of "the good stuff", but some people still would have wanted it the other way. The only way to make everyone happy would be to include both. But then some people would be unhappy with the price.

So that leads back to that same old saying "you can't please everybody".
Old 04-24-2003, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by coolrcdad
johnbull -- can you post the exploded view here or can we e-mail you for a copy? Thanks.

you can down load it along with the manual
Old 04-24-2003, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

At this point I am not worry about 1-way, 2-way, 3-way or whatever way yet...

I don't even have a car yet

But yes, if I run outdoor + rubber I would use it if I have one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.