Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 07:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys

I am waiting for my car to arrive. Do any of you that have already built the car have any tips or tricks to share.

Thanks
Lee Schultz
Old 04-21-2003, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just wanted to comment on the spinning issue. One is the Evo3 deal about cleaning the bearings out and all. I ran ceramic bearings in my Evo3 and easily got over 7 or more seconds of spinning. 3 seconds without any tires at all on the car. But thinking back... it still accelerated slower than the TC3s... but handled better. I think that's what gave me the edge.

Now the SD I didn't even bother to clean out the bearings yet (but will do it these next couple of days while I wait for my dog bone). But anyhow, the SD accelerates like a bat out of hell! So who knows what the deal is.

Anyways, both cars are great. If you can drive you can win. blah blah blah.

Tips on building the SD... I don't really have any. I built mine from Japanese instructions just by looking at the pictures. I'd just say becare when mounting the shock towers. They have to fit perfectly and flat on the tranny cases. I made sure mine did... and it was correct. But after the car was built and a couple days later the english instructions came out and mentioned this. It's all pretty much straight forward and the revisions(instructions) have some tips in them. Best thing is to download the instructions and go over them. Soak the bearings in motor cleaner or whatever to help get the grease out while you prep your chassis (sanding edges etc.) Hmmmm I dunno. Just straightforward like I said...
Old 04-22-2003, 09:09 AM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default one-way or diff ?

hi, does anyone knows if the new SD come with front one-way or diff ? i have been thinking about getting a SD but not sure what kind of diff it comes with, i am currently running a mr4 special and is used to run with front one-way , really don't want to go back to diff ..so any info will be helpful.
thanks
Old 04-22-2003, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: one-way or diff ?

Originally posted by Tag
hi, does anyone knows if the new SD come with front one-way or diff ? i have been thinking about getting a SD but not sure what kind of diff it comes with, i am currently running a mr4 special and is used to run with front one-way , really don't want to go back to diff ..so any info will be helpful.
thanks
US version comes with std diffs front and rear. Japanese version comes with the one-way diff... the front one-way diff will be sold as an option part.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:52 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

@ KilRuf
As I understand your last post you prefer the Evo3 over the TC3. What´s about the Evo3 vs SD regarding handling?
Also what about the shocks? Most people think the Tamiya shocks are the best you can buy at the moment but are the SD shocks anything similar or not?
Old 04-22-2003, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

Default SD BARGAIN PRICE...

Get it now while supplies last...

Tower is selling the SD for the barbain price of $435.99

Old 04-22-2003, 04:50 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: SD BARGAIN PRICE...

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Get it now while supplies last...

Tower is selling the SD for the barbain price of $435.99

You must be Joking Oh if you have the members price it's $425.99

TOWER SUCKS!

-Dave
Old 04-22-2003, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: SD BARGAIN PRICE...

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
You must be Joking Oh if you have the members price it's $425.99

TOWER SUCKS!

-Dave

members price and Free! shipping..
Old 04-22-2003, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: SD BARGAIN PRICE...

Originally posted by rc-zombies
members price and Free! shipping..
**DOH**

-Dave
Old 04-22-2003, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Tower always does that before the cars come out, same when I bought my B4, it was listed at like $300..something and it was $189 minus $15.00, so $174.00 when it came out finally, which is about as cheap as it comes.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I like how the Evo3 handles vs the TC3. Just my personal preference. I guess I was more connected to the car. Only thing that concerned me was acceleration. It's not something I was looking into solving, but it was something in the back of my head.

As for Evo3 handling vs Yokomo SD... I can't really comment right now til I find the right setup for the SD to compare it with. When I had the Evo3... I had problems tuning it right. But then I found a good setup. And that's my starting point for different tracks. Now for the SD, I'm in the same boat. It's just finding the right setup. Now this all refers to Mod setups. Not stock. Stock is easy and my Yokomo handles awesomely. But so does my former Evo3. Blah blah blah...

As for Shocks, I like them both. Both are great. I just like the Yokomo threaded sleeve better because the Tamiya ones move too freely. Of course you can crimp or squeeze them to fit tighter.

Anyhow, I'll more than likely run my Yok tomorrow with a different setup for Mod. So we'll see.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

SD ONE WAY.

As someone already wrote the SD in the US is sold without one ways, and in Japan it sells with front one way.

I now have confirmation that in UK it will be sold without one ways too, which is just as well.

Of course the one way will be available as an option part anyway.

I also got confirmation yesterday that the SD should be in Europe before the end of this month, which is good news.

Does anybody know when the tub chassis becomes available. I have a hunch I will prefer it with that, if for no other reason because the high sides of the chassis keep the battery and electrics in place better and protect them better. So I'm looking at my SD as having the graphite tub but silver carbon everywhere else, just like my MR4 Sp is.

Been waiting and just reading about the fabulous new SD a couple of months already. I have no finger nails left!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 04-23-2003, 04:40 AM
Tech Adept

i also prefer a tub, mainly because i don't like gaping holes everywhere! and it gives me physcological reassurance.

i think the tub will be available on the racer model rather than the ssg model.

sanj
Old 04-23-2003, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Here's the latest schedule:

Car kit should be arriving Wednesday/Thursday and Yokomo will need at least one day to package them. So what we plan on doing to speed up the process in getting the car to you guys is we are going down on Friday to pick up the car kits and hopefully start shipping them out on Friday to you all

Also, on Friday when we have the kits in hand is also when we will announce the winner of the FREE kit!

Many of you have been asking about parts, yes, parts will be available very soon, but not at the same time as the car kits...it should be available shortly afterwards.

Steve Wang
Old 04-23-2003, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by SpeedTech

.......So what we plan on doing to speed up the process in getting the car to you guys is we are going down on Friday to pick up the car kits and hopefully start shipping them out on Friday to you all

Steve Wang
Now, That's Customer Service!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.