Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 01:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Kyew
it is rumoured that the ssg SD might really be a limited edition as it is time consuming and expensive to manufacture (hence the delay). so for those who might want to wait and see, you have been warned! we will most likely see the bathtub chassis version pretty soon.
You are correct, it will be limited to 1,000,000,000,000 kits. So better act fast!!
Old 04-12-2003, 07:14 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I find it odd that this rumor keeps popping up. Rumors usually only last as long as it takes a company to officially squash it. So since Yokomo has made it clear that its not limited edition, then I wish people would let this stuff go.

Besides that, stop and think for a second. If this were a limited edition kit because the SSG is too expensive and labor intensive, then why would Yokomo then skip right to a tub chassis only? It makes more sense that they would just go to using standard graphite plate. And then just release the tub chassis later as they've planned. So the fact that all these 'rumors' say that the SSG is too this or too that, so Yokomo has to go to tub chassis only, just aren't common sense.

Personally, I tend to believe what Yokomo says, they say its not limited, so why doubt them. If the people starting the 'rumors' are so worried about it, why not just make sure they get a kit early.
Old 04-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well drove the SD today with an 8x2 Ti. Ran okay but not as hooked up as my EVO3. Of course this was the very first time driving this car and with Stock setup. Now I need to look for mod setups to get a good starting point. Plus I'll be doin some testing of my own. But the car seems to handle okay. Would have been more suited to Stock racing than Mod with current setup.

Here is the pick of my electronics layout on the SD. Plus I'll post some other pics of the car. Had to resize them to keep the file size down.

Jimmy Mac
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-sdlayout.jpg  
Old 04-12-2003, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

The car with body.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-sdstratus.jpg  
Old 04-12-2003, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

And without.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-sdnobod.jpg  
Old 04-13-2003, 05:34 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Nice pics

Thanks for giving us a clear shot of how your electronics are mounted.
Old 04-13-2003, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

MO, how rigid is the car?
Old 04-13-2003, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Kilruf,

How did the car accelerate? Does it have rip?

Thanks for the pics. Electronics look nice and clean. Well done.
Old 04-13-2003, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

That car is definitely pimp. Let us know how it handles, accelerates, issues, likes, disklikes. I might just have to get one of them suckers
Old 04-13-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks on the comments. Well I ran the car some today. Needs a better setup to run in Mod. My Evo3 was hooked up pretty good though. But the Yok was all over the place. It does have torque steer with the 10x2 when you gun it from a dead stop. Nothing usual for a shaft car. But it takes off pretty damn good.

I think the oil needs to be thicker than 450. I don't know if it's me, but you cannot adjust droop to 7 front and 5 rear if you go by kit instructions for building shocks. Kit calls for all shocks to be 60mm long. Doin that to the front will make your droop at say 8 or 9 without using droop screws. Kit calls for short ball ends. Alot of Japanese setups use 64mm up front. And they were using custom or different ball ends to get this. I used long ball ends to get 65mm shocks up front. If I cut the nubs off the long shock end... I can get the 64mm that I need.

Seems like with kit setup, the car wanted to push through the whole turn. I can't remember but I think it wanted to whip around on exit (or that might have been after some tinkering). I'll have to run the car with a stock motor to see how it handles. But for mod, I'm gonna have to spend some time to get to know the car better.

It felt alittle wish washy goin through the switch backs, where my Evo3 I could take it at full speed with confidence planting the car within an inch of each corner dot.

The car did have a few mishappens. But nothing was messed up or tweaked. It's a very nice and easy car to work on. And I'm sure after a few more test runs, I can get it to handle right for me. This was the same way with my Evo3.

Anyways, does anyone know what the kit springs are? Where do they rate on the Yok scale? Pinks? Yellows? New spring rate?? Well let me head out. Gonna go to bed now. I'll get some more testing down during the week and weekend. Til then... have fun!

Jimmy Mac
Old 04-13-2003, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

So Matt or Mo how was the racing this weekend? Any tidbits that could get through not having one...always fun to live ficariously...lol

Thanks for any info!

Jeff
Old 04-13-2003, 08:49 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Jeff, we got rained out this weekend, so no running 'till next Saturday.

KilRuf, try my setup posted on my website. I went up to 60wt in the front and 55 in the rear. If it doesn't rain next weekend, I'm going to try some associated #2 pistons.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Speedo
MO, how rigid is the car?
?
Old 04-13-2003, 09:24 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The car has no front to back flex and very little twist.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

I will try your setup MO. Thanks. I just printed it out. I too would like to try #2 pistons. Doesn't the kit come with them?? I thought they did? And for springs... what are the kit Silvers? I was thinking of just buying the AE spring set instead of getting Yokomo ones. I dunno yet. We'll see. Anyhow.... gonna switch over to your setup tomorrow and run it sometime this week. Thanks again...

Jimmy Mac

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.