Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 09:24 PM

Kilruf: Thank you for posting a picture of the Rayspeed battery placement versus the kit chassis, and of course, how much of the Rayspeed is milled out !
I was wondering if you could take out the old caliper or ruler and give us the specs on how much farther forward the battery is, how thick the top, bottom decks are etc etc..... Thanks
Old 09-28-2003, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Default More pix

Old 09-28-2003, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Forty6: Thx for the nice pix. You can totally see the details of the art work of the rayspeed chassis.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:40 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Does the Rayspeed chassis require all of the filing work that the stock SSG one does to make the battery fit well?
Old 09-28-2003, 11:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

looks like it needs to be filed from what i can see in the pics.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:47 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

forty6 who makes those alum. pivot blocks on your car? That car is is plain killer. If it runs even half as good as it looks then you will be dominating!!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2003, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

I don't think that's forty6's car, look more like promo pics from Yokomo or rayspeed. The aluminium suspension blocks look like the Yokomo ones.

One thing I'm really interested in with this rayspeed chassis (which no-one else seems to have mentioned) - is the new steering rack - which should make the car steer much more evenly left and right (no drag link slop).

I'm in two minds now whether to treat myself to parts I can't afford, or wait for a full "Rayspeed" car to come out (which i also can't afford!). That rayspeed setup just looks so right - it solves all the little issues I had with the car.
Old 09-29-2003, 05:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was thinking the exact same about the steering. I was going to ask my mate to design and cut a graphite link, but this will save him the job! (the same fella who designed the tub chassis on the previous page, it is a great chassis!)

Does anyone know the reason for the two servo savers? I think the graphite link will eliminate alot of the play in the servo set up and even it out nicely as Sosidge pointed out.

Are these items avaliable seperately yet from R10 or anywhere else for that matter?

Thanks

Chris

p.s Sosidge enquire about the tub chassis on the Fybre Lyte site. It has alot of features that can't be seen from the photo and kicks butt on the track.. Believe me i know!!
Old 09-29-2003, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by wyd
forty6 who makes those alum. pivot blocks on your car? That car is is plain killer. If it runs even half as good as it looks then you will be dominating!!!!!!!
It is not my car, I wish it is though. Those pivot blocks are made by Yokomo. I think it is already available from Rainbow ten, coming soon to the US. Here is the link for more pix.

http://www.yokomousa.com/newproducts...option_sd.html
Old 09-29-2003, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

There's two servo savers on there because that would be the only way to get a servo saver action if you used a solid servo horn, it's also the way the Yokomo parts have to be built if you want to get that arrangement.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Rayspeed parts:

Are the shock towers and steering setup available separately? Anyone know?

Thanks,
Eric
Old 09-29-2003, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Fike
Rayspeed parts:

Are the shock towers and steering setup available separately? Anyone know?

Thanks,
Eric
The shock towers are...
and only the steering graphite link is available seperately.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:03 AM
Tech Initiate

New to the Yok but I like it so far...

Has anyone run the car on carpet with foams, and if so would you mind posting a good starting setup?
Old 09-29-2003, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Howdy folks,

ran the car (standard SSG) with stock setup last week, for a few practice pack. This is the first time I drive a DTM with rubbers on carpet since March, since I only race DTM in winter... hence I won't elaborate on how the car felt, since I can't compare to 8th scale onroad! It feels "healthy", but has tons of steering offpower though. I'll work on it.

TRANSMISSION: The tranny has freed up a bit. I removed a shim on each diff, as the local official Yoke guy told me to. It makes things better, but I'm still not 100% satisfied, it's still miles away from my TC3 as far as (static) efficiency is concerned... I think I'll finally have to blow the grease out of these bearings, which I was hoping not to have to do. I also think the car is VERY noisy. I'm running the stock spur with a like-new RRP Al Pinion.

UJ's: This thing really annoys me . The front U-joints make a lot of chatter noise when the wheels are fully turned. It feels like the CVD's can't take than much angle! I have to reduce dual-rate by quite a few % in order to get rid of chatter noise (which also means premature wear), so the steering "stoppers" on the front blocks aren't of any use and I don't have enough on-power steering any more. I checked and double checked the assembly and cant find anything wrong. Can anybody please advise?

thanks for your help on the tranny and cvd's issue,
Paul
Old 09-29-2003, 10:01 AM

Roll_tide: Here at Rain we've switched the 19T class to foam tires (it used to be rubber) for the winter season so I've started practicing with them. I can post a setup later maybe when the car is handling well. Right now it has too little off power steering, but I think I can fix that eventually.

So far, I have a few basic suggestions for running foams:
*Stiffer Springs: AE Yellow front, AE Purple rear
*Shock Oil: 70 - 60 or 60 - 50 (AE, Front - Rear)
*Tires: TRC Plaid Front, Purple Rear (26mm width all around)
*Diffs: Tighter diff front than rear
*Chassis: Run 2 top decks or find another way to make chassis as rigid as possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.