Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Phi

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
That could work, but it would probably be better to just make a chassis slightly wider on both sides. For some reason I think it would freak me out having an uneven chassis for tuning (looking to see if it's scraping and stuff).

-Korey
And it seems that a Beta car could be configured to move the heavier BL motor inboard a fair amount more than the upcoming left rear bulkhead will be doing.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Your next quest...How about some decent rubber to run all this high tech equipment on???

Still (BL and lipo basher) Bill
The rubber thing is a done deal, you'll see. :-)

Maybe I'll just STFU and fade into the background. You don't make many friends while crusading. :-)
Old 04-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I thought LiPo was just for bashers? Isn't SRC a "racing" company?

Nah, I'm just kidding, that's pretty cool. I barely laugh at all when I see everybody running brushless, and now LiPo. I'm not bitter at all about all the shit I got in the past. Now I need a new trend to latch on to. It's kind of like being a fan of a band before anybody has heard of them. Except those guys are douche bags... crap, wait...
Change is inevitable! So instead of interrupting forums and being disruptive, why can't you be a little more positive about our hobby that we are all in and try to inspire others to help our hobby grow instead of criticizing companies like SRC that have inspired other companies. I happen to be a fellow Jayhawk with family that still lives in Bonner Springs so I hope you will be able to comprehend... crap, wait... Daaaangggggg. KU is no joke.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by SSUPERSTARR
Change is inevitable! So instead of interrupting forums and being disruptive, why can't you be a little more positive about our hobby that we are all in and try to inspire others to help our hobby grow instead of criticizing companies like SRC that have inspired other companies. I happen to be a fellow Jayhawk with family that still lives in Bonner Springs so I hope you will be able to comprehend... crap, wait... Daaaangggggg. KU is no joke.
I help people every single day. I get PM's constantly about LiPo and brushless with questions, and I take the time to answer every single one. It doesn't mean I'm above a little "I told you so" when I got the "LiPo is for bashers" B.S. in the past. And while I may be interrupting this thread, if you read back through the last RDX thread, you'll find I spent more time than anybody, including SRC helping people with mundane, common RDX questions. So, perhaps I could be allowed just a moment to gloat? :-)

Yeah... KU is for real. My wife and her family dragged me into that mess through marriage. It gives me something to do while waiting for Sooner football.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Tech Initiate

I help people every single day. I get PM's constantly about LiPo and brushless with questions, and I take the time to answer every single one. It doesn't mean I'm above a little "I told you so" when I got the "LiPo is for bashers" B.S. in the past. And while I may be interrupting this thread, if you read back through the last RDX thread, you'll find I spent more time than anybody, including SRC helping people with mundane, common RDX questions. So, perhaps I could be allowed just a moment to gloat? :-)

Yeah... KU is for real. My wife and her family dragged me into that mess through marriage. It gives me something to do while waiting for Sooner football.
Agreed. You have been very diligent in answering many questions. That is what it's all about.

Rockchalk Jayhawk..
Old 04-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

I guess it would also be nice to point out who started this very thread
Old 04-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

No kidding hahaha
Old 04-07-2008, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

With the new motormount combined with the new LRP heatsink (moves the motor in 2 mm) I think the car will be pretty well balanced with BL gear. I drive 5-cell modified with Nosram gear and have to add 65g to the battery side to get it balanced and the car weighs 1440g something. Not optimal. I think other cars (Tamiya/Xray) have a big advantage because their cars are light and still balanced.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
With the new motormount combined with the new LRP heatsink (moves the motor in 2 mm) I think the car will be pretty well balanced with BL gear. I drive 5-cell modified with Nosram gear and have to add 65g to the battery side to get it balanced and the car weighs 1440g something. Not optimal. I think other cars (Tamiya/Xray) have a big advantage because their cars are light and still balanced.
Sounds like Novak needs a new heatsink to keep up...Seems VERY EASY to accomplish.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

The rubber thing is a done deal, you'll see. :-)

Maybe I'll just STFU and fade into the background. You don't make many friends while crusading. :-)
Crusade away amigo...You led the way a few times.

Bill
Old 04-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
At least in 6 cell racing, I just checked my car and with no additional weight, my car is showing balanced on the IRS buttons. I'm running a novak 13.5, and a LRP Comp 07 w/out the heat sink. This has only been ran in 13.5 racing with rubber tires, but when I check the thermal shutdown on the speed control, I'm still quite a ways from that. All this with a regular weight body, 2 of the Corally 8 gram weights, I was within 5-7 grams at each weigh in at Carpet Nats (1525g was the min). I don't think our cars are so far overweight, and out of balance. Again, this could all change with 5 cell, but for 6 cell racing in the US, we're looking pretty good.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

That just shows that 5 cell is wrong lol
Old 04-08-2008, 01:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by brians11
At least in 6 cell racing, I just checked my car and with no additional weight, my car is showing balanced on the IRS buttons. I'm running a novak 13.5, and a LRP Comp 07 w/out the heat sink. This has only been ran in 13.5 racing with rubber tires, but when I check the thermal shutdown on the speed control, I'm still quite a ways from that. All this with a regular weight body, 2 of the Corally 8 gram weights, I was within 5-7 grams at each weigh in at Carpet Nats (1525g was the min). I don't think our cars are so far overweight, and out of balance. Again, this could all change with 5 cell, but for 6 cell racing in the US, we're looking pretty good.
With six cells the car is well balanced but when you take away 65-70g from one side itīs not.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

The milled motor mount is a must have for any 5 cell racer or lipo user.

Another thing I did was to remove some material on the outside of the battery slots to slide the 5 cell out farther. Obviously this will make you more prone to damage the chassis in a battery side collision.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hopefully someone can answer this for me, I am going to be running 27turn stock class with a PHI and want to know which pulley and belt combo would be best

1 - Standard 507 mm / 213 mm belts with 42T / 21T pulleys

or

2 - Optional 480 mm / 210 mm* teflon belts with 36T / 17T pulleys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.