Search

Team Corally RDX Phi

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Still Bill
On Corally USA website...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New items have arrived for the RDX Phi. We now have available narrowed aluminum steering knuckles, 79278A. In order to use these you must also purchase short axles, 79184A, and longer CVD Bones, 79182A.
The narrowed knuckles will shift the top camberlink farther out into the wheel for more steering. You will need to add 2 additional shims behind your roll mounts to widen car back to max width. We have tested these with great results on asphalt and carpet rubber tire.
Whats the order for the o-rings and losi spacers for the shocks? Please help anyone
Old 03-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
Whats the order for the o-rings and losi spacers for the shocks? Please help anyone
Juan,

If you look really, really hard at the RDX Shock Blueprint picture on their website, you will see (in order):

o-ring
white washer (smaller?)
losi spacer
white washer (larger?)
metal clip (to hold everything in the shock body)

Seems to me that the second white washer may have been ever so slightly larger than the first one (next to the one o-ring).

I will have a supply of the Losi spacers at Omaha.

The lack of the second o-ring means you have to rebuild your shocks more often.

Bill
Old 03-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

when should you start thinking about using the ackermann extension with rubber tire, if ever??
Old 03-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Yeep... Bill beat me to it. Only running one oring makes a huge difference on the track though. Like Bill said though, I need to replace the shock oil more often because the shocks go "dead" and loose their rebound.

-Korey
Old 03-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Yeep... Bill beat me to it. Only running one oring makes a huge difference on the track though. Like Bill said though, I need to replace the shock oil more often because the shocks go "dead" and loose their rebound.

-Korey
I think you told me all this about 1,000 posts ago...
Old 03-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

Juan,

I will also have my shock air extractor tool at Omaha...Makes for quick rebuilds...Which you can certainly appreciate.

Just look for the oldest guy there...Oh, that's right...We know each other.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

to run the short wheelbase in th back by moving the clamps forward, do you have to flip the bearing holder for the diff? is there anything else you need to do?
Old 03-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by R.Dalnogare
to run the short wheelbase in th back by moving the clamps forward, do you have to flip the bearing holder for the diff? is there anything else you need to do?
Yes you do...plus run shorter belt(s).

But, the "short wheelbase" that most are using is to place both plastic spacers on the back side of the rear arms AND the front side of the front arms. Just a tad shorter as opposed to what you have described above.

Don't know anyone using that!
Old 03-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks, i have another question, i just got done building my phi, and it seems like the screws that go on the back of the clamps and into the roll center blocks are butting up agianst the bulkheads. is there anything you can do about this besides sanding down the heads of the screws?
Old 03-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

thanks, i have another question, i just got done building my phi, and it seems like the screws that go on the back of the clamps and into the roll center blocks are butting up agianst the bulkheads. is there anything you can do about this besides sanding down the heads of the screws?
I had that issue too. No sanding necessary.

Which way do you have the coned washers placed that are under the flat head
screws? The convex side should be towards the roll center blocks which places the concave side towards the flat head screws. Turning them around fixed my problem with that.

To me, it's backwards from the way it should be; so, I understand why you would think the same.

Last edited by Still Bill; 03-08-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

i have all turned in but the one in the back that the book says to turn outwards. i had to sand down the front screws untill there was a gap between the screw and the bulkhead since i was worried about a tweak in the clamps. guess i will do the same in the back.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

i have all turned in but the one in the back that the book says to turn outwards. i had to sand down the front screws untill there was a gap between the screw and the bulkhead since i was worried about a tweak in the clamps. guess i will do the same in the back.
See my post above...
Old 03-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Well, after about.... 30 packs or so on the CEFX chassis, I've concluded it won't yeild any real benefits untill the traction is REALLY high. So far at SIR, there isnt a real need for it, it tends to make the car push more than the stock chassis. I just put the stock chassis on and I was faster considering our track layout is so tight right now.

I didn't really care for the shock towers much, I prefered the positions available in the stock kit. The CEFX shock towers have slightly different positions for both the shock positions and the camber link positions are a little weird in my opinion. I do know the rear shock tower was designed around some slightly different rear hubs, so the camber link positions are not quite optimized if you are using the stock parts. There may be a time where these parts would work well, but not in my situation.

The one cool thing I did try is the ackerman extension. I did notice it produces more low speed steering in tight 180's.

But in the end... Most of the stock parts that come on the car have yeilded better results for me. Just goes to show you the Phi is really great out of the box.

-Korey
Korey,

Have you tried the ackerman extention on asphalt yet?
Old 03-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Nope, we dont have any asphalt racing going on yet... Doug put carpet down for the winter and I think it's here to stay at SIR.

-Korey
Old 03-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default shocks

does anyone have a part number on the losi spacers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.