Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
I like that add BBs idea
Why? to add weight and complexity? your much more likely to have a bearing go bad and not notice it vs the bushing.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Why? to add weight and complexity? your much more likely to have a bearing go bad and not notice it vs the bushing.
Yes, you gotta problem with that?

(did I take your trademark away from you?)

in seriouse note, less wear and slop or I should say adjustable slop.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys I don't think something like this is going to add performance or solve any real issues therefore it is not likely to sell very well. With that in mind I doubt it will every happen. If you think it will help you out then break out the dremel and see what you can do.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
Yes, you gotta problem with that?

(did I take your trademark away from you?)

in seriouse note, less wear and slop or I should say adjustable slop.
I didn't know that ws my trademark, but no you can't take it.

The updated diff idea is great, when I ran my car on 2 parking lot tracks I had to clean and regrease it after each race. On carpet it wasn't an issue.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I didn't know that ws my trademark, but no you can't take it.

The updated diff idea is great, when I ran my car on 2 parking lot tracks I had to clean and regrease it after each race. On carpet it wasn't an issue.
Thats the problem I have quite a bit. I currently run a standard diff with TC5 diff balls (carbide) and ceramic after market thrust. This is working fantastic so far but still gets dirt through it.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
The problems I see with the standard diff is the amount of dirt that get into it on asphalt tracks and the way the diff ring slips on only one half of the diff. There should be no doubt that under power the left side( D ring) gets more drive than the right side(brass shim). We have tried the "D ring" mod and all it does is grind away at the inside of the pully. I am very close to a good solution.

SNIP
Giorgio I think it is great to see someone else looking to keep improving what is already an awsome car. Keep it up. I like the idea of an 18 ball diff. Are you planning on making machined pullies? That would be cool. If you want to talk to me maybe we can put our ideas together and make the best diif on the planet!

Will keep you posted.
Meeowwww....

Ok, my plan:
It's clear the corally one cannot be used "as is".
I speak today with my machinist. If I've to get the pulley out from derlin or similar anti -friction plastic, then it will be logical following the Xray feature of a cover.
But then the size of all will be critical. Not to mention the cost of developping...

I feel it will have sense go for step. Just having a superior diff, will overcome the dirt problem....
The large diff disk will also help the system to work better, due the load to be applied over a larger area (diameter)

My developping plan:

100% a new chassis, less fragile in the front area, with "true" thickness, not 2,7mm or 3,1mm......

75% a new upper deck, more confortable for the corally connectors.

100%.... new Flexithing.
Uh? What's that?.......A new stuff. To be used on the car. Easy and brilliant way to flexy-sexy.

80% a new diff. The picture posted doesn't fit me 100%. I'd like some thing better to give a smooth action under load. Still some room for improving it.

And, Pablo, I'm more than open to work into an open base.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Giorgio
Meeowwww....

Ok, my plan:
It's clear the corally one cannot be used "as is".
I speak today with my machinist. If I've to get the pulley out from derlin or similar anti -friction plastic, then it will be logical following the Xray feature of a cover.
But then the size of all will be critical. Not to mention the cost of developping...

I feel it will have sense go for step. Just having a superior diff, will overcome the dirt problem....
The large diff disk will also help the system to work better, due the load to be applied over a larger area (diameter)

My developping plan:

100% a new chassis, less fragile in the front area, with "true" thickness, not 2,7mm or 3,1mm......

75% a new upper deck, more confortable for the corally connectors.

100%.... new Flexithing.
Uh? What's that?.......A new stuff. To be used on the car. Easy and brilliant way to flexy-sexy.

80% a new diff. The picture posted doesn't fit me 100%. I'd like some thing better to give a smooth action under load. Still some room for improving it.

And, Pablo, I'm more than open to work into an open base.
Sounds like you are going towards what Paul is looking at anyway. Some advice that I always suggest to Paul though. You want to keep the chassis as much losi parts as you can. That way people don't need to continually rely on aftermarket parts to keep their car running... The majority of parts will still be readily available everywhere.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

I vote for these new parts for sure:

1. New diff: this is in my eyes still the worst part in all the car and everybody
will benefit from a new diff on every track.
And i think this will also be a good seller because the price, i hope, will
not be too high.

2. Delrin parts for the flying fox spool. Still have to see if i need this one
because i hope my spool will be here in 2 weeks at the latest.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I have run the Fox spool for a month and have had no issues with outdrives.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

My fox spool is finally underway :-)
Will soon know if they are as good as they look.

Also have the layshaft coming so will finally be able to put in my new batteries that are too wide for the stock layshaft.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:31 AM
Tech Champion

Here is a pic of my current upper deck. It seems to go much better than a deck that dosen't use the posts. I also get the added advantage of an idler bearing for the front belt to help prevent skipping under heavy braking. So far this has proven to be the best layout for me having the advantages of the flex without the loss of mid-high speed performance.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-imag0004.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-imag0005.jpg  
Old 10-26-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I got to run my car for the first time in a long time and it was the class of the field I won both my qualifiers and TQ with it.
But one thing that I noticed is that I’m abusing the hell out of the front tires. I’m using one of Mike H. setups with the 41t spool pulley up front.
Is this a common problem with the 41t pulley or do I need to work on the front end setup a little more?
Old 10-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by metalracer2
I got to run my car for the first time in a long time and it was the class of the field I won both my qualifiers and TQ with it.
But one thing that I noticed is that I’m abusing the hell out of the front tires. I’m using one of Mike H. setups with the 41t spool pulley up front.
Is this a common problem with the 41t pulley or do I need to work on the front end setup a little more?
I tried the 41t front pulley when I 1st got the car and never liked it. Try just changing the pulley with no other setup changes and see how it goes.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Addict

Well, fellow Losi drivers...

Some sneak preview of the chassis.

Chassis itselfs is in his final form (99%). It's full of subtle things that the JPG doesn't show...

Upper deck is his first review, some more job to be done...
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-telaio.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-telaio2.jpg  
Old 10-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Giorgio
Well, fellow Losi drivers...

Some sneak preview of the chassis.

Chassis itselfs is in his final form (99%). It's full of subtle things that the JPG doesn't show...

Upper deck is his first review, some more job to be done...
Apart from the upper deck design whats different from the standard layout?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.