Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

"After crashing in his first heat and breaking his car, the big suprise of practice Lucas Urbain (17/5:18.959) bounced back in style to record the third fastest time with his Losi. The French Championship front runner said he was nervous at the start of the second round due to his earlier mistake but was very happy to find himself up at the sharp end of the time sheets among some of the best r/c drivers in the world. Suffering from a little understeer on his GM Racing powered JRXS-R he plans to play around with the application of tyre additive in the morning’s one hour open practice."

Man, I love a good underdog story.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:14 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigkoitat
I recently aquired another Losi Type-R and to add more flex I cut the top deck, by looking at the picture here I see I'm not the only one whe did this. Also check the mount for the batterie tray, it's only held on by the rear mounts.
we been using rear 2 screws only for battery long long time in East coast, thought west coast doing same.

Originally Posted by syndr0me
"After crashing in his first heat and breaking his car, the big suprise of practice Lucas Urbain (17/5:18.959) bounced back in style to record the third fastest time with his Losi. The French Championship front runner said he was nervous at the start of the second round due to his earlier mistake but was very happy to find himself up at the sharp end of the time sheets among some of the best r/c drivers in the world. Suffering from a little understeer on his GM Racing powered JRXS-R he plans to play around with the application of tyre additive in the morning’s one hour open practice."

Man, I love a good underdog story.
he s run is on the youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBc256TZq28

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 07-31-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Nice find John. That track is in VRC, I'm going to have to bring that out again and put down a few v-laps
Old 07-31-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Lord

Wow, that car looks fantastic on the track. The amount of speed he carries across the start/finish area is ridiculous.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Your right!....... That car looked real happy out there....... Great stuff!
Old 07-31-2009, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeah, it is great to see losi on comp track again here. Speed awesome, remeber his esc gives him extra +25%- +80% of engines rpm more It has to be fast.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kajman
Yeah, it is great to see losi on comp track again here. Speed awesome, remeber his esc gives him extra +25%- +80% of engines rpm more It has to be fast.
What you mean?

I've always be interested in the GM120, but is so un-popular here (Italy) ....same as the Losi (which is a great car...).

Mind you tell us more, compared with the ubiquitous LRP?
Old 08-01-2009, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

Well, I've tried almost every available brand of speedos and motors. Now I use GM, because they are f...ing reliable (even after 2 years of warranty when something dies you have 50% discount for their new esc) and since year 2008 they have unique Variable Timing feature. When you drive with sensors, it adds additional 25% up to 80% revs more. Yes, it is possible, I use it sometimes, stock motor 9.5T drives like modified 5.5T or better. This feature rocks, many people on track ask what is going on when you pass them Apart from that, their engines run coolest on the market now because of highest efficiency.
And their esc have constant current rating given for driving 5000mAh battery-it is a lot of time, not as most producers give for 30s.
If anyone orders their speedos now, should ask for 7.2 software which is the newest. And you can update even their old products by their factory with newest firmware.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
well..

did you get the PM I sent you few days ago?
I did, tried to respond but it's been a challenge. I've been on the road for a week or so and internet in LA is shoddy believe it or not.

Check again in a few i'll reply again! Sorry about that.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Reading through this last set of posts makes me smile!! Does anyone know how to get in contact with the person running the Type-R at the euros?

Tag, Good luck at the nats see you at the Xray race!! Will you be able to make it up to the Electric roar Regional's at the Blue Diamond?

Folks i know there are a bunhc of setup sheet repositories and a crap tonload of tips and hints in this thread but sometimes they are a little hard to find. I've been hard at work on a place that you can look up suggestions and such specifically for the Type-R. It is in its early stages but i'm happy w/ how it's coming along. Once i get it to the point of usefulness i'll post a link, but i'm taking suggestions for things you'd like to see in a setup/info site about the type-r.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
I did, tried to respond but it's been a challenge. I've been on the road for a week or so and internet in LA is shoddy believe it or not.
Originally Posted by YmeBP

Check again in a few i'll reply again! Sorry about that.

La La Land~ you should go check out http://www.wcrcr.com/ new track in there or OCRC at Orange county.

Then I will just write here what I need from you, I will need 2 set of center shafts and 2 set of spool with a pair of outdrive cup on each spool from you on Xray challenge @ Jackson this month.

capisce?
Old 08-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Well, I've tried almost every available brand of speedos and motors. Now I use GM, because they are f...ing reliable (even after 2 years of warranty when something dies you have 50% discount for their new esc) and since year 2008 they have unique Variable Timing feature. When you drive with sensors, it adds additional 25% up to 80% revs more. Yes, it is possible, I use it sometimes, stock motor 9.5T drives like modified 5.5T or better. This feature rocks, many people on track ask what is going on when you pass them Apart from that, their engines run coolest on the market now because of highest efficiency.
And their esc have constant current rating given for driving 5000mAh battery-it is a lot of time, not as most producers give for 30s.
If anyone orders their speedos now, should ask for 7.2 software which is the newest. And you can update even their old products by their factory with newest firmware.
Well, they dont sell them here in the states and I'm not paying close to 400 US for one. Unless you know of a shop selling them?
Old 08-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

AFAIK they do sell them in states, try asking in their thread where to buy it:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-new-post.html

Genius 90 should cost about 200$ (150Eur), near price of any tekin and similar stuff. But I had Tekin RS Pro, really that is no competition to GM. Motors cost about 80$ (50Eur), again similar price. I don't know if my exchange is right, that is why I give euro prices.
European buy stuff in the US, nothing wrong when something goes exactly oposite
Old 08-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

AFAIK they do sell them in states, try asking in their thread where to buy it:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-new-post.html

Genius 90 should cost about 200$ (150Eur), near price of any tekin and similar stuff. But I had Tekin RS Pro, really that is no competition to GM. Motors cost about 80$ (50Eur), again similar price. I don't know if my exchange is right, that is why I give euro prices.
European buy stuff in the US, nothing wrong when something goes exactly oposite
Posted in there on 07-08-2009, 12:45 AM asking if there any US distributers. Got no responses.

Is this there official website? http://www.gm-racing.de/index2.htm
But I found http://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/serv...11&language=en Cant register to order because they dont have US in there register forms under address. So guess they dont ship here.

There not the only ones I found that do that. I even tried to order stuff from Nosram before and they emailed saying the dont sell to the states.

And the GM-GENIUS 120 BRUSHLESS is 229 euros plus shipping. Now that converts to $324. Thats $100 more then my LRP sxx tc. See what I mean.

I've checked all the local US online shops and havent found anyone that has the stuff. Found a Aussy shops and thats about it.

Am I missing something here? I mean, there not trying very hard to sell me something.

BTW: Posted in there forum again. Like I said. I'm interested in trying one.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

They are not trying hard, that is true, that may be the reasin LRP is more known even working worse And GM is very sophisticated with setting, a lot of possibilities, what may not always be advantage for begginers.
This is how PC programming screens look:

There is one auction with newest firmware G120 for 200Eur:

http://cgi.ebay.de/GM-GENIUS-120-BRU...d=p3286.c0.m14

Guy sends in Europe for sure, just ask him if he would to the US, price in Graupner shop is alway higher to make you buy from traders
There is in the US one polish GM dealer, who is driving TC in some competitions, Greg Rojna, he could sell it, question is how to find him.
I am sure Martin Hofer from GM/Yokomo Team will help somehow, he is very ok.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.