Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default update pics of excel setup sheet

For those who are interested here are some screen shots...

If you have any comments, please send them..

Gordon
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-update-pic-1.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-update-pic-2.jpg  
Old 02-25-2009, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Looks nice and neat but you have a LOT of wire on there. You can't move the speedy back a bit and shorten those wires? Also resolder the angle they leave the speedy so they go straight to the motor rather than curl around. All that is heaps of weight up high. Nice with all the black wire only though.

I'll post a pic when I finish with mine as its the same speedy.
I have the extra wire so that I can remove the motor from the car without having to unsolder the wires. I wasnt quite sure if I would be able to angle the wires any differently on the ESC tabs so I kept them the way that I had them on my previous TCs.

I wish I could make that one red piece of wire into black as well but it comes presoldering to the battery (CORE 5000 packs). =(

I am in the middle of a move to San Diego, CA so I will do more work on the wiring when I get settled down there.

Look forward to seeing more pics.

Chirag
Old 02-26-2009, 03:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok.. I get the long wires then. I just desolder the wires as it dosen't take long with a decent iron. Anyway as far as performance goes weight up high is never a good thing. I just finished going through my 1st rebuild and have taken everything out and done some more modding. I can't believe how many things need a little work on this chassis out of the box but if it goes well who cares. And to top it off I just got my second chassis (for spares) and it only has one diff spring! Why is it I have yet to get one complete kit out of the two NIB kits I have got! Factory wrapped!

Going to rewire my chassis tomorrow and I'll post a pic. But that will be l8t tomorrow for you guys.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MaxRain

Gordon
This looks really sweet. Any chance of emailing me the program or a test version so I can see if it works on my PDA (WM6.1)?

Cheers.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Gordon
MaxRain you really have EXELLED!

The pdf's are a pain. Sometimes they work and other times they go blank as soon as you hit save. This will make life a bit easier.

How do you create the screenshots? In exel or a seperate app?
Old 02-26-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Gordon
please let us know when its ready we would love to have it !!
Old 02-26-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
When you do go to purchase a 41 tooth spool pulley, make sure the correct one is in the package. There were some mispackaged pullies that made their way to the public. The 41 has a flat sides on the pulley where as the 42 has a small rib.
Schreff,

Could you be more specific on the "small rib"?
Old 02-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Crosson
Schreff,

Where the 41 is flat on the sides of the pulley, the 42 has a rib. You will notice it if you have one of each.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by brett240
Hi,

what thermofans for the motor is recommended and where is the best place to locate them on the type R? i know there is 3 positions.

how do they get wired in?
bump,

can anyone put me in the right direction?
Old 02-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jeff Crosson
Schreff,

Yeti has it right. It's kinda tough to be more specific without having pictures.

In the photo attached, the pulley on the left is a 41 and the one on the right is a 42. You can see the difference there.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-losa3326-450.jpg  
Old 02-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
MaxRain you really have EXELLED!

The pdf's are a pain. Sometimes they work and other times they go blank as soon as you hit save. This will make life a bit easier.

How do you create the screenshots? In exel or a seperate app?
In vista there is something called the "snippet tool" that you can use to take and edit screen shots. Just click the start orb and type the word snippet in the search box and you will see it appear in your start menu.

In Windows XP(and vista for that matter) you can hit the printscreen button and then open word and click on edit then paste in a new document.

Or buy a program called "snagit" by techsmith which is a sweet screen cap utility that i love.

PDF's you can use this with office 2007 to make pdf's by simply printing them from any office 2007 app: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

and you can use this with any application in windows, it sets up a pdf printer and you use file print to create pdf's: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

hope that helps (and you reply to my pm's )
Old 02-27-2009, 02:05 AM
Tech Champion

Here's how I did the wiring for my GT1.1 and motor. I still have to in the telemetry when I get a chance but that will be similar fashion being all black wiring. I kept the speedy a little backwards to keep the 3 motor wires short as it is weight up high. This also keeps some of the higher bulk weight near the middle for quicker response to brake and throttle input. The power wires a designed to plug to lipos with terminals either way around. Transponder is right up the front. receiver is central mainly to keep telemetry cables within reach of motor and spur. I still have to add weight again (roughly 100g's) but it will be orientated towards a 55/45 f/r weight balance which is why I have the oldskool full size (and faster) servo.

BTW. You might be able to see from above but I added 2x0.1mm shims between the layshaft spacers and the layshaft drive pins to widen the pulleys by 0.2mm on both sides. So far this quick fix has eliminated the pulley problem without any narrowing but the better solution should be the alloy layshafts when they are perfected.

Can someone just confirm for me... The spool pulley 41/42t has the ridge on the 42t still? I ask this as I ordered 2x42t spool pulleys with my kit for rubber but neither have the ridge even though the diff pulley on the rear does. Am I running overdrive?
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-pic_00017.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-pic_00019.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-pic_00020.jpg  

Last edited by Dragonfire; 02-27-2009 at 02:31 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Looks good Dragonfire but not as good as that strawberry tablecloth under your car!
Old 02-27-2009, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Can someone just confirm for me... The spool pulley 41/42t has the ridge on the 42t still? I ask this as I ordered 2x42t spool pulleys with my kit for rubber but neither have the ridge even though the diff pulley on the rear does. Am I running overdrive?
The 42t reguardless if it is a standard diff pulley or spool pulley has the ridge. If you bought two 42T spool pulleys with no ridge, you have mispackaged 41T pulleys. The 41T has no ridge at all as a regular diff pulley and spool pulley.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
Looks good Dragonfire but not as good as that strawberry tablecloth under your car!
yeh it was recommended by our mum as it makes the car look good!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.