Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Asphalt - will have to check the others when I get back home tonight....
Old 07-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcarmchl
Asphalt - will have to check the others when I get back home tonight....
No need for sway bars on asphalt, with the body off turn on your transmitter and set the end points so that there is no "straining" sound coming from the front servo.......mine are at 60% both sides. With the dual, rate set it during practice to the point where the front end isnt driving the chasiss. If you need help talk to the experienced guys at your track, mine is set right now at 74. I use 3pks but most of todays radios will allow you to set these points.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GCracker
No need for sway bars on asphalt, with the body off turn on your transmitter and set the end points so that there is no "straining" sound coming from the front servo.......mine are at 60% both sides. With the dual, rate set it during practice to the point where the front end isnt driving the chasiss. If you need help talk to the experienced guys at your track, mine is set right now at 74. I use 3pks but most of todays radios will allow you to set these points.
it all depends on driving style because I use sway bars front and rear on my car for asphalt racing.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
it all depends on driving style because I use sway bars front and rear on my car for asphalt racing.

No it's because you are the ELF. Great fun having you up last weekend Madonna already said you could fill in in the next video........
Old 07-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

I used to use sway bars until I watched an un-named individual tear apart a class field with his type r in pro mod class needless to say I had him provide me with his setup and the car is really planted - now I just need some talent to drive it as well as he does.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Difuser
No it's because you are the ELF. Great fun having you up last weekend Madonna already said you could fill in in the next video........
It was cool being up there. Didn't have the better runs I had hoped for but I stuck it out as best I could. I'll go back to kicking some butt on the club level for now until the next big race I attend.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I used to use sway bars until I watched an un-named individual tear apart a class field with his type r in pro mod class needless to say I had him provide me with his setup and the car is really planted - now I just need some talent to drive it as well as he does.

do share, where might I find said setup?

I am not sure that I even need them just asking what they do and if there is a time and place that they could help.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Tech Champion

If it works then I say roll with it. Post the set up if you can.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

If it works then I say roll with it. Post the set up if you can.
I will post later when I get home, note you will need digital calipers for this setup Mr Chadwick is very anal from memory the front ride height was 5.22mm and rear was 5.4mm and believe me it gets real detailed. But he took apart a very experienced pro mod field, the only people he didnt lap were Sean Williams (AE) and Derek Futani (Kyosho) and the car was glued to the track 3.5 mod class.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

I will post later when I get home, note you will need digital calipers for this setup Mr Chadwick is very anal from memory the front ride height was 5.22mm and rear was 5.4mm and believe me it gets real detailed. But he took apart a very experienced pro mod field, the only people he didnt lap were Sean Williams (AE) and Derek Futani (Kyosho) and the car was glued to the track 3.5 mod class.
Fake sick and go home now....LOL I look forward to seeing what the set up is. One quick question though........does it call for the "jr" links or standard links in the front?
Old 07-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Fake sick and go home now....LOL I look forward to seeing what the set up is. One quick question though........does it call for the "jr" links or standard links in the front?
Yes, Chad has run both camber and jr and his opinion is that the jr link definitely has more turn in, he says the reason that it doesnt work for a lot of people is because they have set it up incorrectly. (yes that means me included )

QUOTE from the book of Chad" When assembling the front a-arms do the following;

1. Dont over shim the front hinge pins shim so that there is at least 0.25mm of play
2. The washer on the top of the jr link MUST be free to move around it MUST NOT be tightened down it should be free to "slide"
3. The lower BUTTON HEAD screw of the caster block must be tightened only by as much as is possible with your fingers on the shaft of the wrench never the handle"

As I said its anal but damn does it work

Last edited by GCracker; 07-16-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I agree with sway bars being NOT a necessity. Our local hot dog is untouchable. He basically told me he dials the car in without sways. Then through the day, he might use them for a cheap and dirty way to add a touch of push to whichever end he needs it. That's if it gets bad enough that he can't wheel through it and keep everyone else covered.

Fast guys are cool.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I agree with Chad on the JR link. My car had noticeably more turn in with the JR link than standard link. My car was real lazy with standard links
Old 07-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Yes, Chad has run both camber and jr and his opinion is that the jr link definitely has more turn in, he says the reason that it doesnt work for a lot of people is because they have set it up incorrectly. (yes that means me included )

QUOTE from the book of Chad" When assembling the front a-arms do the following;

1. Dont over shim the front hinge pins shim so that there is at least 0.25mm of play
2. The washer on the top of the jr link MUST be free to move around it MUST NOT be tightened down it should be free to "slide"
3. The lower BUTTON HEAD screw of the caster block must be tightened only by as much as is possible with your fingers on the shaft of the wrench never the handle"

As I said its anal but damn does it work

Hodge practiced at the JAFracing track alot...so chadwick better be dialed on asphalt!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

That car really was dialed bro that was unreal, its a shame Cavalieri was at the Nats that would have been a great race to watch.......but theres still the Summer Slam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.