Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

it says that they are 20mm in the manual?
Old 04-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I had no problems with my spool slipping, I dont think. Could you feel it slipping on the track?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
You guys run at Jackson?
Yes, we ran at Jackson.

And like Larry said, I decided to jump the curbing in the "cross-town" section and nailed the brick wall. I had to close my eyes cuz I knew it was gonna be toast, but when it landed, no worries. I just had to wait for a marshall.

It was a good day for the first day out on rubber tires. I think Larry and I have game plans for the next time out. Our cars were good, but we aren't quite where we want to be. Another week or 2 of testing and we'll be fine.

As far as Spool issues... I know my car was fine. It does have a little slip if you grab one tire and turn the other. It's pretty darn tight though. Make sure those diff rings are 100% clean of any grease. I also sanded my rings a little on 600 grit sand paper. That probably helped too.

Syndrome... As far as the invite race, I know I won't be able to make it. I'll be down south for work. I think Larry has plans with his family. I know Haynes and Gray are going. At least from the sign up sheets. I think Rob Love and Brian Lutz will be there as well.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I thought i saw RBLove wasnt going.. i unfortunately for RC, but great for KB, I am moving back to NY next weekend and have too much going on to go to the race.

Plus, i think i am going to be doing a little Dirt racing this summer... so If i seem to be "gone" around here... haha.. thats what Im up to. Nothing set in stone yet...

KB
Old 04-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
I thought i saw RBLove wasnt going.. i unfortunately for RC, but great for KB, I am moving back to NY next weekend and have too much going on to go to the race.

Plus, i think i am going to be doing a little Dirt racing this summer... so If i seem to be "gone" around here... haha.. thats what Im up to. Nothing set in stone yet...

KB
You're right Keith. Duh on me. Rob has a new addition to his family.

And cool, if you moving to NY, you'll be closer to our neck of the woods. Maybe you'll be able to make it to Horsham a time or 2 for some carpet racing.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:51 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Schreff that curbing and that wall leads to possible bad things for all cars!!!!!!!!! We will be seeing alot of guys hitting that in a few more weeks at the Express race. Cool that your ride came out ok as that wall is not going to give an inch when you smack it.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

UNFORTUNATELY I will not be attending the Invite. As Shreff mentioned there is a new one in the family. The little sucker got the flu from my daughter and I two days after he got home and it put him right back in the hospital. WHAT A MESS..

Anyway, if any of you need any assistance on carpet/foams I will be glad to share my findings. I have a pretty good set up right now for medium bite.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Hope the Baby is doing well!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by schreff
I also sanded my rings a little on 600 grit sand paper. That probably helped too.
Now that's gota hurt lucky you didn't use glass paper, personally I use toilet paper
Malc
Old 04-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking Type R

Just got into the hobby a few months ago- and I bought a type R from Yohan(YYHayyim, I belive). Thanks for the great car and fast shipping. But, I need some good tips for how to place my electronics. I have a GTB and its kind of hangs out on the side...is this normal?
Old 04-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCLocos
Just got into the hobby a few months ago- and I bought a type R from Yohan(YYHayyim, I belive). Thanks for the great car and fast shipping. But, I need some good tips for how to place my electronics. I have a GTB and its kind of hangs out on the side...is this normal?
If you go back in this thread about 5 pages, there are pictures from a number of people showing ways to mount the GTB. I run one, and it does hang off the side (on the right) a bit. Some guys mount the ESC on its side to keep it from hanging over.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Todd Hodge,

No joke, is there a graghite part # for the type-R arms front and rear?

seth
Old 04-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default Road cars

With people changing their real road cars to match their new type r losi tc's, i have been thinking shall i do the same.

yes / no
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-s60r.jpg  
Old 04-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hamster778
With people changing their real road cars to match their new type r losi tc's, i have been thinking shall i do the same.

yes / no

Don't do it... it's REALLY expensive to fix broken front suspension arms on a REAL car.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Don't do it... it's REALLY expensive to fix broken front suspension arms on a REAL car.

Yea but it wont take 2 weeks.............itl take 6 weeks as im waiting for new shocks on my Civic Type 'R' and that no joke when the cars only 3 months old
Malc
Anyway Hamster what you trying to say EXACTLY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.