Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ACADEMY STR4 PRO2

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Spur adapter

what's the part number for the spur gear adapter? The guys at MRC are supposed to call me Monday so i can order a new front and rear diff as well.

Old 07-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Spur gear adapter is P-002
Ball diff set is VP-021
Front Oneway set is P-008
Heavy duty balldiff hub/outdrives VP-T001
Old 07-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking STR-4 parts

thanks for the info........should i go with the one-way or the std front diff?
Old 07-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Default STR-4 parts

Why aren't these parts available anywhere else? Are they similar enough to say, Tamiya, HPI, anything?

Old 07-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Depends on tracks and driver preference.
Have you used a front one way before?
I would get both and see how it effects your driving, but the standard will do and is much cheaper.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

new Academy STR4 Pro2, SB SPORTS V2 option part

http://rcforum.co.kr/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=785

They are available in Korea, but I don't no in other contury.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

The New Academy products are starting to pop up in stores around the world now that they are producing quality kits.
They are similar , but Academy is generally cheaper for parts .

Im still searching for who does stock these kits .
Heres another 2 online stores that can get the parts .
http://www.fusionhobbies.com/home.htm
http://www.hobbyogfritid.dk/shop.asp?tilbud=global
Old 07-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Oh dont forget Team Academy France
http://team.academy.france.neuf.fr/
Old 07-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default oneway dif or ????????????

If you have the Str-4-Pro II ? I would say go with the one way if you have good throttle control on tight tracks. If you like slow down in turns? go with your universal basic dif. I prefer the oneway dif due to my drivng habbits of pushing the car to it limits like a drift motion. To me keeping the car at a steady pace in a turn means better lap times. Honestly,,, try them both as suggested above in the post. You can always put your oneway dif or the universal on ebay. Hey! sell it to someone here in the forums!! Food for thought? I have both of them but will stick with the oneway. I havent tried the oneway out doors yet...only on ozite or carpet tracks...has anyone yet?????

Team Academy / MRC / Team1rc / Tekin
B'
Old 07-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Welcome Academy FRANCE!!!!!

Hellow and Welcome Team Academy France!

From Team Academy U.S.A. located in the center of the United States.

B'
Old 07-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default HEY atr4tigers !!!!

atr4tigers !!!!!! Yeah i know of that str pro car you bought, it is set up for drag racing and running dual motors. I chatted with the guy serveral times in regards to that car and what he did. He pinned the difs on that car. it will take you to replace both difs to get it to race again. It is also the older version the str pro before our str 4 pro II out now. It has alot of flex in the front end due to its tp plate design. You can fix that also by a simple fix and make it have less flex for inside or carpet use. I honestly would go with a oneway then for sure if this is the car your wanting to install it in. Remember thought.......that is the older pro version and not our pro4 version.

The gear ratio is also different. I have the teeth stats on it but not handy at this time to toss your way. It has a little more punch but lacks on high end or rpm side. This is why he ran the dual motors on this car. Its nice to have the duals,,,but? could you honestly race it with 2 motors??? NOPE. not roar or ifmar, they wont let you. I ran into the same problem with small scale and my car. I ran dual brushless and everyone had a fit!! In my org, we had a brushless mini class. When i modified my car with 2 motors as some of the miniz and xmods are running now??? everyone cried and said no fair! I would say drop the dual motor mount and so what i did, go with the flow, up grade the difs to ours, you may have to change the bevel as well as I think yours is less teeth. You could use ( ask Tim) about the small washers or spacers that are included in our Str-4-Pro II kits for the diff. These washers or spacers go next to the bearing and are essential in setting up good gear mesh for the dif to bevel gear inside. If you have any more question about that older car? let me know, I have alot of info on it bro!!! It was fast... and would keep up if not beat the tc3, xray and other 1/10 cars with ease if geared right...... OH!! also change the shock oil and shocks as well and get it back to onroad course readiness....we can help you tune it to one nice on road touring car again!!!!! I will say?? the older str-pro cars are killer for outside with modified motors. The take off?? is un real. This is how I got my new str-4-pro II car setup from a x-driver who had a team academy older version. He did very well but with no sponsor or team for back up.........We are lucky now to have such......

B'

Hey you all still running indoors there in Al???
Old 07-09-2006, 02:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

the str4 pro 2 with one way is insane on large out door tracks the car gets better traction than some other cars i have had and really stands out with 19 turn or mod motors. very good mod car.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:06 AM
Tech Rookie

try a diff first till you get your timing and tuning down then switch to the one way and you will find extra seconds over a few laps
Old 07-09-2006, 04:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Default advice

thanks everyone for the advice! Tim is supposed to call me monday and i'll let him know which car i have so we can get it right for on-road. There are no indoor tracks in North AL that I know of but I've been out of racing for about 5 years so I'm playing catch up right now......so everyone is saying stay away from a one way for starters?

Old 07-09-2006, 04:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Default shocks

yeah, i dumped the oil for starters, and it has yellow and pink springs on it now, should i go for softer springs and what about 30 wt oil?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.