ACADEMY STR4 PRO2

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Do they come in purple?
Old 02-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

The STR4 PRO2 is getting popular here with the Offroaders as it shares alot of the same parts as the SBV2.
Wether onroad or offroad they have a spares car.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

FROM KOREA Series

Great result for Academy win KOREA PRO STOCK CLASS.
Attached Thumbnails ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-dsc_2068.jpg   ACADEMY STR4 PRO2-dsc_2134.jpg  
Old 03-22-2007, 06:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Please take notice to the latest edition of RC CAR magazine. the STR4 Pro II is on the cover and gets a very good review, even though they called it by the wrong name!
Old 07-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Rubber Tires...

What Tire and foam would you select for 110 air temp and track temp of at least 120*?
Old 07-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Tech Initiate

i have had numerious cars in the past tc3 toa3f pro now i have a t2 007

i also looked at the academy and had the oppitunity to take it for a week and give it a hammering i will say a couple of things

its cheep it gives good value for money and as a car kit its all there but however you get what you pay for and its soo true with this kit its all there
alloy shocks threadede bodies heeps of spurs carbon fibre

but the down side to makeing such a cheap kit is basic materials have been comprimised the carbon is heaver so too per basic unit has the shocks

i also have noticed that acadamey have copied or modified other models to fit there kit wich has leed me to believe thay have copied what others have done and used there nouse to get a proven resault wich means thay have no disapline in designing this car there fore it has so many issues that mrc havent had time to track test before going on shop shelfs is has a lot of torque steer for a ep shaft driven car .

now i do think it has a place in the market but i realy believe it has no place on a race track.even for a beginers car it should be a quality car park bash car it also needs good bearings to free it up a little

however i do believe it repersents good value for money

this in no way was ment to be an attack on the str4 pro my personal review of such a car
please i didnt write this to stir but just give my view thankyou
Old 07-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah so anyway MIKE KAZZ... assuming your asking about rubber tires, try using RP30 premounts, you can try Sorex 36R Premounts.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I agree with Dave. RP30 premounts. Mount'um and drive it!
Old 07-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

RP36 Premounts, rub on some tire tweak and let it set. Im afraid in that hot of temp 30's will blister real quick.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Actually 120* track temp isn't that hot. RP30s should be faster than 36s. It's not just temp, the RP30s just seem to work better in most situations. We've tested both here in Socal, and the RP30s just work better. Tire Tweak and wipe off with buggy grip. You need to get the Tire Tweak off before it hits the track since it is slimy and is good for softening the rubber, but don't leave on.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Kewl.. Thanks guys. Right now it was 120 and my A/C is fading! However, it might kewl down later this week!

ROTORBOSS- You don't know what you are taking about!
Old 08-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Default What are your current thoughts about this car.

I have been racing a Losi XXX-S G+ off and on for awhile on asphalt.
I bought an STR-4 Pro 2 Roller off E-bay really cheap (a steal at $50 +15 shipping), I wanted to try something different. There seams to be a lot to like about this car but
it seams like the two belt drivetrain has take over the world of electric TC and the car was suddenly discontinued by the manufacturer without much explanation.

Are most of you planning on keeping the STR-4 Pro 2 as you primary racing car or are you looking to buy something new?

Considering how much time and money you end spending on being competitve with a car beyond the cost of the basic kit; would it make more sense for someone to look for an used X-ray T2 on E-bay?

Maybe I am asking an impossible question, I am just wondering the wisdom of focusing on a car which it will become progerssively harder to get information and feedback from others on these forums and eventually problems with parts and no prospect of upgrades.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by imjonah
I have been racing a Losi XXX-S G+ off and on for awhile on asphalt.
I bought an STR-4 Pro 2 Roller off E-bay really cheap (a steal at $50 +15 shipping), I wanted to try something different. There seams to be a lot to like about this car but
it seams like the two belt drivetrain has take over the world of electric TC and the car was suddenly discontinued by the manufacturer without much explanation.

Are most of you planning on keeping the STR-4 Pro 2 as you primary racing car or are you looking to buy something new?

Considering how much time and money you end spending on being competitve with a car beyond the cost of the basic kit; would it make more sense for someone to look for an used X-ray T2 on E-bay?

Maybe I am asking an impossible question, I am just wondering the wisdom of focusing on a car which it will become progerssively harder to get information and feedback from others on these forums and eventually problems with parts and no prospect of upgrades.
Hello, Hopefully I'm not too late with this...but...

You can still order parts and even the car kits from us direct if youd like. www.stormerhobbies.com still has a decent amount of spares as well. When it comes to parts support we are very good about that, as long people still need parts for this vehicle we will continue to stock them. Hope this helps..
Old 10-13-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

hello,
just a couple quick questions..looking at buying a pro4 from a guy.i will be running a sphere tc with orion 13.5 motor.im not sure what spur is on the car.but would like to know gearing for the car.last year i was runing like a 4.6 fdr i think...
lmk all info would be greatly appreciated.

thx,
matt
Old 10-15-2008, 02:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

ok i got the car.not in my possesion just yet.but will be here t the end of the week.
any help that ya can give me would be great getting started gearing wise.
its actually beeners car that was sold to wyd on here.if anybody can help out that would be great.

thx

could use info on where to purchase parts from to.

thx,
matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.