Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I want to buy the new rear bulkheads that move the motor inboard. I searched a little and couldn't find a link to buy them, can someone steer me towards them please.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ABspeed
I want to buy the new rear bulkheads that move the motor inboard. I searched a little and couldn't find a link to buy them, can someone steer me towards them please.
Contact Greig for the UK bulkheads that move the motor in 5mm. greig76 at hotmail dot com

Workmanship is fantastic and great customer service from him.

Bear in mind you will have to modify your top plate and chassis to get the motor to fit 5 mm closer. Top plate is easy to do but the chassis plate is a bit harder as you have to mill out a few layers of the graphite for the motor to sit low (similar to what is done by AE on the chassis already). A dremel and sanding drum take care of that tho.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Building my TC5R

[QUOTE=authorjim;6840361]Hello, everyone. I am about to build a TC5R kit. I don't want to go through the agony of building it and finding out later about some significant upgrades or build lessons. I would rather know them first. So please help.

Thanks again to all that have helped.

A few more questions. What are good light, powerful, quick servos for this car?
What about the Brushless setup, ESC and motor, any thoughts?
I have also heard that I need to do something to the composite chassis to finish the edges? What is it that I have to do?

Jim

If there is a thread you can refer me to that would also help.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by authorjim
I have also heard that I need to do something to the composite chassis to finish the edges? What is it that I have to do?

Jim

If there is a thread you can refer me to that would also help.
I would recommend the Futaba S9550 or S9551 low profile servo.

As far as sealing the chassis edges, round them with a file slightly and just give them a good sanding with some 400-600 grit paper. To seal them simply wet a Q-Tip with blue Loctite and go around the edges, only the lower chassis plate needs this prep work, shock towers and top plate will be fine as is. You can also use CA to seal the chassis but Loctite does the same thing and is much easier to use.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Is Loctite® Threadlocker Blue what you mean by blue loctite or is it some other product from their huge range?

Originally Posted by trerc
As far as sealing the chassis edges, round them with a file slightly and just give them a good sanding with some 400-600 grit paper. To seal them simply wet a Q-Tip with blue Loctite and go around the edges, only the lower chassis plate needs this prep work, shock towers and top plate will be fine as is. You can also use CA to seal the chassis but Loctite does the same thing and is much easier to use.

Last edited by rcmarek; 01-12-2010 at 07:14 PM. Reason: url doesn't work
Old 01-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmarek
Is Loctite® Threadlocker Blue what you mean by blue loctite or is it some other product from their huge range?
Pretty sure that's the one!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Yep, Loctite 242 (BLUE) threadlock
Old 01-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

When I installed my exotek chassis there is a note that states after sanding the edges you can use loctite to bring back the deep black color around the edges of the chassis CA glue CAN tweak the chassis.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by authorjim

For these kind of things it's always the same: A dozen people, a dozen opinions. Personally I recommend as a servo either a Sanwa servo (most international topdrivers use Sanwa servo's ) Or when you want to go for a servo that is not as expensive, go for the Savöx. It's got equal specs as the Sanwa and Futaba ones, but it's less than half the price.

For the speedo and motor it really depends on what you want to be racing. Since there are more and more speedo's specifically made for a type of racing.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default tc5 bulkhead

got my inline bulk heads today. fast shipping even from england..
Old 01-15-2010, 06:07 AM
Tech Adept

Default Internal Ratio

Hi

Has anyone tried lowering the internal ratio of the car?. By my calculations, using a Cyclone TC (170T) front belt and a cyclone (62T) rear belt, as well as using hpi pro3 (36t) diff pulleys, you should lower the ratio. I'm just wondering if the pulleys would fit on the TC5 outdrives, or which 36T pulleys would without changing the balls?

Thanks Ya`All
Old 01-15-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Thomson
For these kind of things it's always the same: A dozen people, a dozen opinions. Personally I recommend as a servo either a Sanwa servo (most international topdrivers use Sanwa servo's ) Or when you want to go for a servo that is not as expensive, go for the Savöx. It's got equal specs as the Sanwa and Futaba ones, but it's less than half the price.

For the speedo and motor it really depends on what you want to be racing. Since there are more and more speedo's specifically made for a type of racing.

Personally, I use the Futaba 9550. When it dies, if it does, I will go to the newer 9551 or the new BLS551. They are all the low profile servo's.

As for motor and ESC, it's longer a motor war. I can take my first gen LRP motor and be competitive against the new motors with the proper settings on any of the newer ESC's. It's now a matter of figuring out the power band of the motor's and setting the ESC accordingly. It's no longer a motor war as it used to be with the brushed motors, it's now an ESC war. This is where the Tekin and similar ESC's will have the advantage. I have always liked my LRP ESC's but I don't feel they can keep up to the same level anymore. The new LRP SXX stock cpec's is sounding great, this week. But the programmable ESC's will have the edge because in a week, they will come out with even more stuff to help tweak and be even faster.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up In need of vta tc5 set asap ...

Hi All
Can anyone post a vta setup for a AE TC5 ,Im running 21.5/lipo or even a thread to one.track is med to large ,changes almost every week were I race and has med to high bit carpet.
Thanks in advance`
Matt
Old 01-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

If anyone is looking to pick up a TC5R in very good condition, check out my for sale thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-w-exotek.html
Old 01-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I was wondering if somebody could help me out. I am running 17.5 rubber on carpet with a Tekin Redline motor and an LRP SPX speedo. Now my question is, whenever I let off the gas going into the corner, my car gets really loose. But if I stay on the throttle a little it is not as bad. Is there any way I can tighten up the rear so it is not so loose? The drag brake has been turned all the off, shocks have been rebuilt and new hinge pins have been put in. I am using Josh Heinstien's set-up and it seems to be working pretty good. The only change I made to the set-up was putting gold springs up front, because the front of the car was over rolling to much. I new to carpet racing and any help would great.

Chad Burdick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.