Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C.Andersson
Chassis and topdeck are from Exotek racing. I have modified the front bulkheads, To get more flex to the front end. Shock towers are original only camholders (shocktower mounts) are changed to get new adjustment for the links.

The rear customized bulkheads (motor more towards the centerline) are only for because weightlimit is 1350g to get all electrics as close as possible to centerline and still get the car balanced.

I was racing in rebellion race - Indoor Ec warmup (weight limit was 1400) with original b-heads 'motor out'.. I like the original bulkheads more because they make the car more smooth..

I will be answering here if you have anything to ask about the car.
Awesome!! 1st congrats on your podium finish.

Thanks for clearing up a few of the things on the car, as far as the front driveshafts are concerned... are those the Xray ECS dirveshafts? If not what are they and where there any other modifications necessary to make them work?
Old 01-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you!

Yes, I am running Xray double universals front. That is just for less vibration and lilbit more steering when entering the corners.. Im using BD5 steerings hubs to fit them (fits straight to AE caster blocks), also you need to make some space for the ESC's to caster block because xray ones moves in vertical axle so they wont get in contact with caster block. For the spool you need Drill the outdrives first with 6mm drill and then with 7mm to fit the xray ones perfectly.

Keven Hebert uses Losi double universals front with losi parts, I think those are more easier to fit in than Xray.

But i dont see this very necessary. The car is more easy with Associated's own cvd's and sometimes even faster. Just remember to grease them.

Christer
Old 01-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello Christer

Congratulations, great job

The bulkheads are the UK-Version?
Are the Bearing Cup front and rear of the bulkheads self-made or from UK or Associated Prototyps?

Shock oil and pistons used?
Which arm mounts?
Or better a setup sheet...

Thank's. Philippe
Old 01-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by BigP
Hello Christer

Congratulations, great job

The bulkheads are the UK-Version?
Are the Bearing Cup front and rear of the bulkheads self-made or from UK or Associated Prototyps?

Shock oil and pistons used?
Which arm mounts?
Or better a setup sheet...

Thank's. Philippe
Thank you!

Bulks are UK made, and Cam holders are made in Finland.

You can see the setup from pdf. (:

gigasize.com/get.php?d=o8h8lxy5k3b <--- I think this works better

rapidshare.com/files/333823481/Christer_DHI_2010_setup.pdf.html?

Christer

Last edited by C.Andersson; 01-11-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Can we order the cam holders out of finland?
Old 01-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank you!

Hi!

you got pm!

m.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default C.Andersson setup

Should be easy to download

Christer_DHI_2010_setup.pdf

m.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Chassis and topdeck are from Exotek racing. I have modified the front bulkheads, To get more flex to the front end. Shock towers are original only camholders (shocktower mounts) are changed to get new adjustment for the links.

The rear customized bulkheads (motor more towards the centerline) are only for because weightlimit is 1350g to get all electrics as close as possible to centerline and still get the car balanced.

I was racing in rebellion race - Indoor Ec warmup (weight limit was 1400) with original b-heads 'motor out'.. I like the original bulkheads more because they make the car more smooth..

I will be answering here if you have anything to ask about the car.
Hi Christer,

Again, congrats on the nice results and the new contract with Associated. You have a great future and I'm looking forward to working with you further!

Best Always,

Mike
Old 01-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
Hi Christer,

Again, congrats on the nice results and the new contract with Associated. You have a great future and I'm looking forward to working with you further!

Best Always,

Mike
Mike, i think its time to design some new top bulkheads for the TC5
Old 01-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default TC5R kit New at this please help.

Hello, everyone. I am about to build a TC5R kit. I don't want to go through the agony of building it and finding out later about some significant upgrades or build lessons. I would rather know them first. So please help.

If there is a thread you can refer me to that would also help.

Thanks

Jim
Old 01-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by authorjim
Hello, everyone. I am about to build a TC5R kit. I don't want to go through the agony of building it and finding out later about some significant upgrades or build lessons. I would rather know them first. So please help.

Thanks

Jim
use the diff nut from the B4/T4 for your diff and spool.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

You can also swap the belts and mount the esc closer to the center.

Old 01-12-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks

Jim
If you are going to use lipo battery Exotek Chassis is the way to go. Best upgrade I have ever done in my TC5 and I would not go back to stock chassis not unless I need to use NIMH battery.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Building a TC5R kit

Thanks

Jim
thanks to all the suggestions so far. I will search for the Exotek chassis and the B4 nuts for the diff. I am not sure what is meant by swapping the belts. Swapping them how?

Anything else I should be careful about or change?

Thanks
jim
Old 01-12-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

thanks to all the suggestions so far. I will search for the Exotek chassis and the B4 nuts for the diff. I am not sure what is meant by swapping the belts. Swapping them how?

Anything else I should be careful about or change?

Thanks
jim
Be care ful when building the shocks, do not trim the black retainer, even though it does not appear to fit. Use the shock tool to push it into the shock body and it will go eventually. If you trim them, your shocks will leak. Happened to me, since I replaced the black retainers the shocks have been perfect.

Flipping the belts means to change the order of the belts so that the belt going to the rear is on the spur side, and the front belt is on the battery side. It lets you sit your electronics closer to the centre line but can be problematic unless you get a good lipo retainer.

regards

Neal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.