Our bulkheads ROCK!
Old 06-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

nick can you post pics and a link for them again
Old 06-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just a note.... the bulkheads Nick is speaking of have the motor position moved back a couple of MM's.
I have a set of the bulkheads and I had to go to a smaller spur gear from what I was running because of this.
Might be important to you... might not. Other than that they are a nice piece

Rick I would love to see ASC. come out with these style bulkheads. The slight amount of chassis grinding wont scare most guys off.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JdogL
nick can you post pics and a link for them again
http://www.aeforums.co.uk/forum/inde...showtopic=3647

;-)

m.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nick Priest
Our bulkheads ROCK!
How much are they?
Old 06-17-2009, 06:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bmcallister
How much are they?
I just picked up a set from Greig-76 in the UK on Ebay. Buy it Now for $68 + $5 shipping. Great guy to deal with, answered all my questions right away !!

Should have them next week, looking forward to running them ASAP.

Ottoman, thanks for the heads up on the motor placement, I'm sure I'll be able to navigate an acceptable spur/pinion combination. Do you rememeber if there was a significant weight difference compared to the stock components ??
Old 06-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chrisfrom619
Hi all,

I notice after running my car at the track my motor has signs of scraping at the bottom rear. My car's rear set-up is blue spring, #2 piston, 35 wt oil, 6.5 ride height 1.5 rear camber and no swaybars. I tought it was the bumpy track that cause the problem but I tested it to a smooth surface and still the same result. Should I put a shock limiter like an O-ring if i do this would it affect the handling?
hey chrisfrom619 are you running a lipo and if so which one? the tc5 will scrape if not perfectly balanced left to right. lettme know what battery and weight plate you are using so i can help. my car does not scrape any more since balancing. this is with blue springs up front and silver in back, 35wt oil, #2 pistons, and 5.5mm ride height, 2mm over ride height droop
Old 06-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Other than the obvious chassis, top deck, and a spool in the front, what are the other differences between the TC5R and TC5F? Basically I bought a used TC5 that was originally advertised as a TC5R but it turns out it's a foam car. I need to know what parts I need to get to make it a true rubber spec car.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Other than the obvious chassis, top deck, and a spool in the front, what are the other differences between the TC5R and TC5F? Basically I bought a used TC5 that was originally advertised as a TC5R but it turns out it's a foam car. I need to know what parts I need to get to make it a true rubber spec car.
Springs are also different, red and I think bronze

I finally got to drive my FT properly for the first time and it drove like a dream, it was a little tail happy in one section of the track but the car is also pointed sideways down a hill. The car is already driving better then my TC4FT and I still need to get camber and toe setup correctly. I started with the R setup but with the thick upper and lower decks, only changes are 40wt shock oil and 1mm rear wheelbase. Apparently the track I drive on is one of Australia's hardest tracks to drive on, low to med bite thats sloped.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:03 AM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keven H
The o-ring on the top plate help to get extra flex and therefore helps on low bite situation.

As far as the ball stud on the tower mount, its something we wanted to try on asphalt since it was the first big asphalt race of the season. We went back and forth testing and laptime were the same. the longer links makes the car roll more and makes the car easier to drive but can get too lazy.

As far as the pulley, they are 38 and 22 in the center, It just changes the internal ratio. only rick ran them while the rest of the team ran the std pulleys.
Will the new pulleys be available any time soon?
Old 06-18-2009, 01:09 AM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

TC5R: 4 deg caster blocks, softer arms, softer springs.

TC5F: 6 deg caster blocks, harder arms, harder springs.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

all i would change over is springs blue front silver/green rear. front spool and the 2mm top deck.

my car is the same as the F Version apart from those things and it is awsome. i find the car easier to drive and faster than it was before.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

+1

Originally Posted by Hoggy
all i would change over is springs blue front silver/green rear. front spool and the 2mm top deck.

my car is the same as the F Version apart from those things and it is awsome. i find the car easier to drive and faster than it was before.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scooter79rs
Springs are also different, red and I think bronze

I finally got to drive my FT properly for the first time and it drove like a dream, it was a little tail happy in one section of the track but the car is also pointed sideways down a hill. The car is already driving better then my TC4FT and I still need to get camber and toe setup correctly. I started with the R setup but with the thick upper and lower decks, only changes are 40wt shock oil and 1mm rear wheelbase. Apparently the track I drive on is one of Australia's hardest tracks to drive on, low to med bite thats sloped.
ive raced the ft car since it came out thick upper and lower no o rings blue springs all around no sawy bars and the thing is hooked
Old 06-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi Jon,

Back to blue? You've gone full circle! Hold off on any carbon chassis purchases if you are running lipo. I have something very interesting releasing next week! See me this sat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.