Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
Where do you put the actual orings? I am using them under the rc8 washers udside down which makes like a little housing for them with the countersink on the topdeck...
They go under the RC8 washers. The countersink in the topdeck houses them. You just need to snug and compress the o-rings slightly.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So you guys are putting o-rings into the countersunk holes on the top deck and using a conical washer and a countersunk screw to hold them in place? Very interesting. Any issues with the car getting tweaked any easier with that setup?
Old 06-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I tried that and they bulge out...putting the washers upside down kind of kills the point and tightens it up like the non oring way...ill try it again...thanks a ton
Old 06-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Don't tighten till they bulge out, just make them snug.

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
I tried that and they bulge out...putting the washers upside down kind of kills the point and tightens it up like the non oring way...ill try it again...thanks a ton
Old 06-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
So you guys are putting o-rings into the countersunk holes on the top deck and using a conical washer and a countersunk screw to hold them in place? Very interesting. Any issues with the car getting tweaked any easier with that setup?
the reason for those o-rings is to get more flex out of the top deck. You don't need any o-rings, i dont use them. car drove better and laptimes were better without.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default Motor scraping

Hi all,

I notice after running my car at the track my motor has signs of scraping at the bottom rear. My car's rear set-up is blue spring, #2 piston, 35 wt oil, 6.5 ride height 1.5 rear camber and no swaybars. I tought it was the bumpy track that cause the problem but I tested it to a smooth surface and still the same result. Should I put a shock limiter like an O-ring if i do this would it affect the handling?
Old 06-15-2009, 11:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chrisfrom619
Hi all,

I notice after running my car at the track my motor has signs of scraping at the bottom rear. My car's rear set-up is blue spring, #2 piston, 35 wt oil, 6.5 ride height 1.5 rear camber and no swaybars. I tought it was the bumpy track that cause the problem but I tested it to a smooth surface and still the same result. Should I put a shock limiter like an O-ring if i do this would it affect the handling?
Hi,

If you are jumping road domes then there is nothing you can do about the scrapes. If you arent then you need to raise the ride height. I pointed out to Jaws his ride height was too low causing his car to kick out mid corner and push as well off power. Your car might be doing the same.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by not home
the reason for those o-rings is to get more flex out of the top deck. You don't need any o-rings, i dont use them. car drove better and laptimes were better without.
It seems like it may make it a bit inconsistent and possibly cause the car to tweak very easily. But it's an interesting idea if your on a really low grip track.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Good eye! I suppose I should ask evryone this question - Would you be willing to buy a bulkhead and enlarge the motor hole on the chassis yourselves? Otherwise a new chassis would be required which which would increase the cost of the modification significantly.
Hello Rick,

Thank you for this answer.
And : YEs i would definitely buy a new bulkhead, a new motor cam a new chassis and a new top deck !!! :-)

I think this modification is the most expected modification by tc5 users and that's what i heard each time i run => "Oh this motor outside is a pity, if it were more centered i bought a TC5...". :-(

It could be an upgrade kit, and could be included in the new kit.

Another brand have done an upgrade kit with top deck, pulley, belt.. why AE could not do that ? :->

And ... my ITF chassis is a little damaged so i'm waiting for changing it...

Sebastien.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
It seems like it may make it a bit inconsistent and possibly cause the car to tweak very easily. But it's an interesting idea if your on a really low grip track.
I'm on a high bite carpet track (trackside). Some people choose to follow the directions and use the o-rings under the blue spacer on the top deck and a lot use nothing but the screw. Seemed better without the o-ring.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by not home
I'm on a high bite carpet track (trackside). Some people choose to follow the directions and use the o-rings under the blue spacer on the top deck and a lot use nothing but the screw. Seemed better without the o-ring.
on carpet u want a stiff chassis so the screws will feel better than the o rings i run the ft car on asphalt no orings and its hooked up
Old 06-16-2009, 06:48 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Rick I would be into the motor mount modification as well. However it is done I would be into buying it.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Good eye! I suppose I should ask evryone this question - Would you be willing to buy a bulkhead and enlarge the motor hole on the chassis yourselves? Otherwise a new chassis would be required which which would increase the cost of the modification significantly.
I would buy a new bulkhead but do not have (or know anyone) that has access to machining equipment to make the modification look stock. I would rather purchase all new parts to have this change.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Rick I would be into the motor mount modification as well. However it is done I would be into buying it.

+ another.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wyd
Rick, +1 here for modified bulkheads !! No problem with the chassis modification. I just ordered the UK version that Nick P. posted quite a few pages back. I'm sure the mods your describing are about the same.

Last edited by Valkman; 06-16-2009 at 09:54 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.