Team Associated TC5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

Just seen your piscture there and it looks to me like you have the right side in the high hole and the left side in the low hole on the bulkhead easy mistake to make :P
Old 04-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigdanes
I am using a lipo weight but the issue is on the bat. side of the car. I have a couple of dig. food scales I will use to measure left and right side weight. Her is a pic of what the rear shocks look like

Attachment 444431
check the downstop screws are equally screwed down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if thats not it then you may have mismatched the arm mounts or the arm mount holes on the bulk is not the same from left and right.

OR you are not setting your ride height with the battery attached? but that would be a left spring too compressed issue
Old 04-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

I am using a lipo weight but the issue is on the bat. side of the car. I have a couple of dig. food scales I will use to measure left and right side weight. Her is a pic of what the rear shocks look like

Attachment 444431
Judging by the picture is looks like you have 1 arm holder in the A hole and 1 in the B hole on the bulkhead, that would explain the different shock collar heights, go around and check all you arm mounts and make sure they are matching side to side.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've got one for sale if you're looking. Just don't have the time to run it anymore.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post5718786
Old 04-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Attachment 444431

Hello,

Sorry but I didn't read all of the posts here. Did you check your L/R weight using balancing points before putting it on scales? I use scales for fine tuning only. The reason is that the scales are affected by the preload on the springs (obvious, I know). I have found that if I balance the car out evenly using balancing points I only need to make very minor adjustments to get the scales to read exactly the same at the tire. This is also assuming the car is not tweaked and that all of the shocks are the same length.

I use a Lipo plate and my battery is moved towards the outside of the chassis. Its dead level when I set it on balancing points and after setting ride height, droop, camber etc. I make some minor adjustments on the scales (or a tweak bar), check/reset the droop and I'm good to go.

Again, sorry if this was already brought up, just sharing how I do it.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default help

thanks for all of you help it was the droop screws. I set the droop with all the shocks off ( I was told to do that). It really screwed up the droop. I checked the droop with the shocks on it and the car came out way better. Thanks
Old 04-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Slipper Spool

When using the slipper spool (31174). The instructions say to tighten it all the way. If this is done, will it still be able to slip in case of an accident. Or do you loosen it to a certain point?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by svines1972
When using the slipper spool (31174). The instructions say to tighten it all the way. If this is done, will it still be able to slip in case of an accident. Or do you loosen it to a certain point?
lock the slipper spool down. it will slip verry little if you loosen it at all it will just burn up your slipper pads.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up Ceramic bearings for TC5

Yes we do have a full ceramic bearing set for the Associated TC5. It's $89.99 and we don't use grease, only our SIN very light synthetic oil.
Thanks!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Belt adjustments

Ok, using the "A" Cam Holders, what number setting would you recommend for 13.5 Front/Rear? Book says 4/Front 11/Rear. Seems real loose with these settings.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok, using the "A" Cam Holders, what number setting would you recommend for 13.5 Front/Rear? Book says 4/Front 11/Rear. Seems real loose with these settings.
7 front 11 rear is where mine is set for 13.5 and it seems to work great
Old 04-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Belts can be slightly different lengths batch to batch. They also stretch with use. If the book says 4 and 11, then that is a good starting point as long as you are using the same diff height as stated in the book. Diff height effects belt tension.

There is nothing wrong with adjusting it until it feals good IMO.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys, I just ran my brand new TC5 at the track today. I like it so much more than my used T1 I was driving before. Anyway, I did have one issue with it. My steering was bound up a considerable amount. After taking it home I found that the ball cups on top of the c-hub where tight enough on the ball studs to cause the problem. I may have over tighted the turnbuckles and crushed the ball cup end. My front roll center is the factory setup on the outside middle hole of the shock tower and I can only get -1.5 deg of camber. I'm gonna put new ball cups on the car and move the roll center to the inside middle hole to get -2 deg of camber, my usual. Hopefully this will fix my problem. Has anyone else experineced this. How will this affect the car's handling? It's a FT kit BTW.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BeeRye86
Hi guys, I just ran my brand new TC5 at the track today. I like it so much more than my used T1 I was driving before. Anyway, I did have one issue with it. My steering was bound up a considerable amount. After taking it home I found that the ball cups on top of the c-hub where tight enough on the ball studs to cause the problem. I may have over tighted the turnbuckles and crushed the ball cup end. My front roll center is the factory setup on the outside middle hole of the shock tower and I can only get -1.5 deg of camber. I'm gonna put new ball cups on the car and move the roll center to the inside middle hole to get -2 deg of camber, my usual. Hopefully this will fix my problem. Has anyone else experineced this. How will this affect the car's handling? It's a FT kit BTW.
it will change it but not enuff to notice aslong as u stay parrellel with ur movement
Old 04-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Addict

Hey guys i was just wondering if any of you have tested diff height. If so can you share your findings on what this change does to the car. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.