Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default parts

Hello, TIRi- have been waiting for my order from them sence Oct, 9th 2008 still no package.i would not buy from again. Ron H,
Old 01-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I got my stuff from them in two weeks when I ordered it. I got them last august or so. I had no problems other then the website said that they were not in stock and they were. I sent an email, placed the order once I found out they had them and then I got them. Maybe something has changed but I love them alot! I hate to hear things like that because that is what can kill a hobby like this and racing.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I don;t have any experience dealing with tiR directly, but I know Schumacher imports their products, and you'll be hard pressed tom find better CS thatn Adam and Shawn. If you search my Manufacturer you will find all TiR's stuff on the website and can look for the CVD's you're looking for.

www.racing-cars.com
Old 01-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

hay guys I'm new and I'm trying to figger out what car i want to buy so if you guys could tell me your likes and dislikes it would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I don;t have any experience dealing with tiR directly, but I know Schumacher imports their products, and you'll be hard pressed tom find better CS thatn Adam and Shawn. If you search my Manufacturer you will find all TiR's stuff on the website and can look for the CVD's you're looking for.

www.racing-cars.com

http://www.racing-cars.com/usa/searc...rtname1=partno

No tc5 parts listed...I'll send an email...
Old 01-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

who runs jaco blue and who runs jaco green and why

what the diffeence
Old 01-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jim S
who runs jaco blue and who runs jaco green and why

what the diffeence
The difference is the compound, greens(listed as a 28) are softer than blues(listed as a 32). Greens seem to work well on low bite or low temperature asphalt, blues for high bite/high temp. asphalt. Blues seem to be the choice over greens on carpet. Ive seen greens go fast on carpet, but the driver said he would have prefered blues, to help lock the car down, especially towards the end of the run.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

ok thank you

so the greens are like cs27
Old 01-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

ok thank you

so the greens are like cs27
They are a similar compound (I would say the jacos are softer), but they will have very different driving characteristics because of the different inserts, and the different sidewall heights (jacos have a lot less sidewall)
Old 01-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

about how long do the jacos last
Old 01-16-2009, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I got my tc5 yesterday and put the kit together and thought I would post up about the diff build. Those diffs were a breeze, no problems at all. The rest of the kit went great to. Can't wait to get on the track.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

about how long do the jacos last
It well depend on what surface and what class your running on.

On carpet, they should last a good while, like any tire. On asphalt, setup comes into play too. If your pushing really bad or are really loose, you can blow through a set quite quickly. I dont really have much experience personally with them. Others at my asphalt track were getting 2-3 weekends out of a set in 13.5.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default new to TC5

Hi I hope this question has not been asked. I have tried to read back many pages. I am currently setting up my new to me TC5 factory team to run a rubber class 13.5. This is my first time out in many years back in the hobby/sport.

I have been looking online at all the upgrades for the TC5. I was wondering if the alloy integy parts for the front steering are woth the money. as I a new and I am sure I will be hitting the boards alot. Trying to keep the cost down to start. Second is the blue the same as the TC5 blue? as in the past I have bought aftermarket parts and well been shocked at the colour differences.

Can some recommend a list of parts I should invest in. I have a bunch of front arms. How about c hubs and steering blocks?

I know this question has been asked as far as rubber set up. right now I do not have the chash 2 buy the iff decks. can some on recommend a rubber set up for a factory team car.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

anyone know the droop settings for Kevin H's latest setup?
Old 01-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zleader_99
Hi I hope this question has not been asked. I have tried to read back many pages. I am currently setting up my new to me TC5 factory team to run a rubber class 13.5. This is my first time out in many years back in the hobby/sport.

I have been looking online at all the upgrades for the TC5. I was wondering if the alloy integy parts for the front steering are woth the money. as I a new and I am sure I will be hitting the boards alot. Trying to keep the cost down to start. Second is the blue the same as the TC5 blue? as in the past I have bought aftermarket parts and well been shocked at the colour differences.

Can some recommend a list of parts I should invest in. I have a bunch of front arms. How about c hubs and steering blocks?

I know this question has been asked as far as rubber set up. right now I do not have the chash 2 buy the iff decks. can some on recommend a rubber set up for a factory team car.
i would get just the integy steering blocks and leave everything else plastic on the front and dont 4get to locktite the screws in but they are tremendously better than the plastic one that come with the car and i would also get the rear aluminum hubs as i tend to break alot of plastic ones and u should upgrade the diffs also as far as spares u should have a couple sets of c hubs,arms,bone blades(if u have aluminum diffs)and definately extra ball cups other than that the car is pretty stout one more thing buy the parma bumper its harder and wider than stock one save alot of front end parts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.