Team Associated TC5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

do you know aftermarket brands that offer a center oneway for the TC5R?
i've checked AE website and can't seem to find a center oneway..
thanks guys
Old 12-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey guys. Just emailed this to a buddy and thought I would post it.

Just got back from racing. What a night !! They vacumed the track but it was the same layout. Its a bit colder here then what its been the last couple race's. It took the first two mins to get the tires hot enough to work. The car was a handfull. Then the next two mins it felt like always but the track was .5 slower all night. In practice, I droped to silver frt spring and green rear form blue/silver. Felt a little better but didnt change the lap times. It did allow the tires to come up to temp faster. Then I moved the thin bar from the front to the rear. Turned in better and dropped fast lap .3 sec. But the last min was a handfull, the rears over heated. So I took it off for the main and it was better the last min with no bars.

The main, 2nd place (Bill) got a hole shot on me so I let him take the lead. We got lucky with 3rd and 4th taking out the pack. Grin. I follow him for about 4 laps and ended up bumping him in a corner and spinning him out, yes I waited, tucked in behind him and off we went for most of the race. He had one bobble that I just couldnt capitalize on. He gets straigten out pretty quickly and were off. About 1.5 mins left I roll it ! I think Im done right?? I mange to reel him in with like 4 laps to go. Rears are getting a little hot from driving my ass off, so I set the cruise control and follow him to cool them off and pray for a mistake. Two laps left he goes a little wide coming out of the S's and I sneak by. Even got a few clap's from it. Then just drove it home. Love close race's !!!!!! Man that was fun. Gona take for ever to get to sleep tonight. Big grin.

Later

Dennis
Old 12-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Initiate

For asphalt racing, what is the main benefit in using a spool over the normal diff? I'm building my TC5R kit now and would like to know the main advantages in using the spool. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A spool will generally supply more traction during aggressive steering and on-power, especially if the traction is/can be un-even under each wheel (like on unprepared asphalt.) Down side is slightly less steering, more stress on the drive components and more tire wear.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the explanation. So on uneven asphalt, a spool is a good option? I was thinking about building out both diffs and just buying a seperate spool to swap out and see the difference first hand. I was mainly curious on why I would use one.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Check it out on wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locking_differential
Old 12-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default tc5

hi guy's
what is the most common parts that break on a tc5
compare to a rdx the tc5 is !!!!
to have in stock belt arm c'hub etc etc
and congrats to kevin for the win ,lache pas kevin on est fier de toi !!
thanks
pete

Last edited by pete68; 12-05-2008 at 11:36 AM. Reason: missing in fo
Old 12-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Old 12-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Has anyone ordered anything from titanium racing? I ordered a layshaft from them for the TC5 on 11/22/08 and havent gotten anything yet, i sent an email asking for shipping info and didnt receive an email back from them. I understand that they are in the UK and it would take some time to receive something from over seas but a reply to an email with some kind of tracking info would be nice.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have been racing a TC5 for exactly a year now. All I can say is wow. I have Tq'ed and won lots of local races with the TC5. Thanks for such a great car AE.

The only upgrade I recommend is aluminum out drives if you run mod.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pete68
hi guy's
what is the most common parts that break on a tc5
compare to a rdx the tc5 is !!!!
to have in stock belt arm c'hub etc etc
and congrats to kevin for the win ,lache pas kevin on est fier de toi !!
thanks
pete
Thankfully the TC5 is very durable...the most durable on the market in my opinion...

The only parts I have broken are rear hubs and of course cvd blades...

It wouldnt hurt to have some arms, steering spindles and caster block spares...also get some rear hub bearings...

CONGRATS KEVEN ON THE BIG WIN!

Last edited by Maybell; 12-05-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

So I acquired a tc5 (not the R) from a local guy here who doesnt have time to race anymore. His car was never set-up properly. I am most likely gonna take it all apart and rebuild it. I noticed right off the hop that he bought these ( http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRUT5&P=Z ) Apparently they are a hop-up, but there is so much slop its unbelievable, and they are wore out. There is at least a 1mm gap. Before I switch them out, are there different bones with bigger pins?
Also whats a good starting set-up? We are running 10.5 on ozite carpet, rubber tires.
I was thinking a 100 spur and a 37t pinion to start (5.41).

Thanks.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by portyansky
So I acquired a tc5 (not the R) from a local guy here who doesnt have time to race anymore. His car was never set-up properly. I am most likely gonna take it all apart and rebuild it. I noticed right off the hop that he bought these ( http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRUT5&P=Z ) Apparently they are a hop-up, but there is so much slop its unbelievable, and they are wore out. There is at least a 1mm gap. Before I switch them out, are there different bones with bigger pins?
Also whats a good starting set-up? We are running 10.5 on ozite carpet, rubber tires.
I was thinking a 100 spur and a 37t pinion to start (5.41).

Thanks.
Sounds like the CVA pin cushions are gone. With the aluminum outdrives you have to run these http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRUW5&P=Z on the dog bone pins. As far as setup goes I just tried Rick Hohward's IIC Vegas setup and it works great on Sorex 28's and RP30s. Jaco blue was a little slippery for my track. Not sure on the fd ratio as I run 13.5.

Last edited by quietstorm76; 12-06-2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Look for a post by Josh H as he posted a setup that is very stable, easy to drive and it works great.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Sounds like the CVA pin cushions are gone. With the aluminum outdrives you have to run these http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRUW5&P=Z on the dog bone pins. As far as setup goes I just tried Rick Hohward's IIC Vegas setup and it works great on Sorex 28's and RP30s. Jaco blue was a little slippery for my track. Not sure on the fd ratio as I run 13.5.
LOL. I was wondering what those were for in the box of parts he gave me. Good to know and makes a ton of sence.

Originally Posted by Kraig
Look for a post by Josh H as he posted a setup that is very stable, easy to drive and it works great.
I will dig...

Thanks guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.