Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Please help I will buying TC5R this weekend and I would like to use caged thrust bearing will the 3x8mm or is it a 2x6mm fit
Old 07-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't know about the size of the caged thrust bearings - my manual is at home. You could just go to the parts manual and see if you can calculate the size based on the kit parts. RC10.com has an online PDF version of all their kit parts lists.

Not sure caged is even necessary. I have no problems with the kit thrust bearings and washers. Maybe start there and see if it's worth trying to go that route?
Old 07-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Question on Tools for TC5

Does anyone happen to know what size tools that are needed for the TC5? I want to buy some nice tools and my kit isn't due for a couple of days. Instead of buying a set and still needing some more tools I figured it best to ask here and get the exact tool sizes needed for the screw/hex/ball drivers. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You'll want a 1.5, 2.0, 2.5mm hex driver and a good quality 2mm ball hex driver for arm mounts. Also a 5.5mm and 7.0mm socket drivers for hex nuts and wheels removal.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

a good 5/64 alen/hex driver should be good.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
I would say the line is usually caused by the insert in the tire. Thin inserts let the tire move more and will cause the wear pattern you are describing.

That's true. The tire "rolls" over the insert. The CS tires are the worst in that problem. The insert is just a little bit to small. You should check the tire's after each run if there still correctly glueed on the rimm. This will provide a lot to. You will not be able to get rid if the line with changing your camber, so just put that back at 1.5 or 2 degrees.

Rolling over the tires has also a bit to do with the set-up. For example an Xray doesn't wear its tire's as hard as an Tamiya because of the building of the car. Also the set-up does a lot. If the car is slightly understeerd the front tires wear much harder then when the car is slightly oversteerd.

Why is it always the inside. Simpel, when you steer to the left. the right front tire (off throttle) has the moste pressure on it. end the car is pushing real hard on the tire. The tire is slightly rolling over his rim . The left front tire has less pressure and doesn't roll that much (let's say not).

Here in holland most of our tracks ar counterclock wise. So we do wear a lot or front right tires... for example i'm training at 4 Left Rear tires :P these are still good.... Dont forget, check the glue of the tires!

Good Luck

Robert Krens
Old 07-31-2008, 12:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
You'll want a 1.5, 2.0, 2.5mm hex driver and a good quality 2mm ball hex driver for arm mounts. Also a 5.5mm and 7.0mm socket drivers for hex nuts and wheels removal.

Correct what you say, but where do you need a 2.5mm for? The Motor screw's? I'm using 2.0's there.
Theres no other place with a possible 2.5 screw in my TC5R? (or am i just not awake yet ? )

Greetings Robert
Old 07-31-2008, 12:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
Yes just set the camber to the best setting then rotate the tires to extend their life. The ridges form on the fronts more quickly than the rears. I think as the tire rolls over and the side wall is stiffer it wears in that corner joint. If you have a thicker insert in the tire the tread portion of the tire can't move as much and it should wear as much better.
i have thought about this before and i think it might be because of 2 things! 1 because obviously your front digs in for grip but the other is probably the spool making it worse!! we never use to have that much wear before brushless when we used to run diff and one way! so i think we just have to accept it if we want to be fast!!
Old 07-31-2008, 12:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Please help I will buying TC5R this weekend and I would like to use caged thrust bearing will the 3x8mm or is it a 2x6mm fit
well i got some great ones off precision rc they do ceramic thrust bearing very good!! but you will be able to get the size off there! i think they list tc5 only but same diff so dont matter!!
Old 07-31-2008, 01:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

true

Originally Posted by Robert_K
If the car is slightly understeerd the front tires wear much harder then when the car is slightly oversteerd.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Correct what you say, but where do you need a 2.5mm for? The Motor screw's? I'm using 2.0's there.
Theres no other place with a possible 2.5 screw in my TC5R? (or am i just not awake yet ? )

Greetings Robert
Yep...motor mount screws.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default tc5

With the tyre wear on the outside check the wheel if it has score marks on the dish side from digging into corners if you have chips missing most likely -and yes make sure you run a bead of glue around the tyre both sides of the tyre so it stuck well to the wheel.
Maybe if there is too much slop for the bearing inside the steering block may also be the cause?
Try stiffer antiroll bar on the front see what that does?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks for the help Vern, I just ordered that EZ lipo side plate to go along with the bottom plate.

My kit gets delivered today, its the first kit I've built in 15 years so I'm pretty pumped to get it built and running.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by seaball
keven,

welcome to the team.

WTH!
Old 07-31-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

the plastic pieces that fit on the end of the cv shaft which fits in the outdrive seem weak! is this commen? or are only mine falling apart easy? I'm getting good grip this shouldn't be the reason!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.