Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Kraig

I was so pissed I almost bought TC5 today....till I saw you car :P LOL
Old 01-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by STLNLST
what types of problems is he having? My only complaint about the car is super tight belts......other than that the car has been pretty good on the rug for me. The same set up I run on asphalt works on carpet. Just swap the spool for a oneway.
His issues seem to be durability for the most part. I just didnt know if it was a problem for others as well. I know frequent visits to the boards compound the issue, and i think i read there is already an arm update on the way... are there any other weak parts? Do the tight belts wear in? Sounds like it could be an issue for stock class?
Old 01-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
Kraig

I was so pissed I almost bought TC5 today....till I saw you car :P LOL
Mine was still faster than yours today so just imagine the possibilities.

Dave, the arm discussion that we had will probably not help your friend. It was just a discussion about stronger/stiffer/less flexible arms. When these are run and you hit something you will just put the fracture point to another part of the suspension.

Robk mentioned something about using a TC3 or TC4 bumper pieces for added front protection. I can't remember which one or the specific's. Doing this might help your friend's situation.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
the bearing size in the manual is wrong. I believ the size should be 6x10x3
I know they are 3mm, I was answering a question about updated alum. rear hubs and he asked if we would want to go to a 4mm wide bearing.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveW
His issues seem to be durability for the most part. I just didnt know if it was a problem for others as well. I know frequent visits to the boards compound the issue, and i think i read there is already an arm update on the way... are there any other weak parts? Do the tight belts wear in? Sounds like it could be an issue for stock class?
Well the new kits come with the low friction belts that are a little looser. I haven't had any major durability issues. I've broke a C hub or two and one arm in 4 months. There are some build tips that help the car, like using 12mm or 14mm screws through the arm mount nut to prevent them from breaking. I also use Schumacher ball cups...but that's a personal preference. From my understanding the new arms are going to be stiffer for foam racing, not stronger. The car works really well for rubber. You can always get the ITF chassis for rubber racing, but many people have had success without it.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the input guys! Im a fan of the Schuie cups myself. Do they fit on the stock turnbuckles w/o modification? Has anyone tried any XRay springs on the Tc5 shocks to see if they fit? I really like them on the Tc4... the XRay springs really transformed how it handled. About the front bumper... does P-Dub still make his nice a$$ bumpers??
Old 01-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This is my take on the situation so others may disagree but I do feel that the tight belts are an issue in stock. I hear that there has been a running change to the belts now. The belts do wear in some but compared to every other belt car I have ever run the broken in belts still remain somewhat tight. While running mod it's not that big an issue due to the power of the mod motor but a stock motor doesn't have that power to make up for the drag in the drive train from the belts. Again this is just my opinion. I have run the car in modified (3.5) and 19turn (10.5) and stock (13.5) and have crashed in all classes and I still have the original set of arms that came with the car (bought it used) Accidents happen so I'm not going to say the car is bullet proof but it can handle a beating. I'm unaware of any arm update but that doesn't mean there isn't one. This is still the best buy for the money and it works so I wouldn't be to gun shy when it comes to buying one. The set up help on here is great too.
Tech Champion

Tech Champion

Old 01-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

Old 01-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks for the input guys! Im a fan of the Schuie cups myself. Do they fit on the stock turnbuckles w/o modification? Has anyone tried any XRay springs on the Tc5 shocks to see if they fit? I really like them on the Tc4... the XRay springs really transformed how it handled. About the front bumper... does P-Dub still make his nice a$$ bumpers??
Yes they fit with no mods. P-Dub does make one for the TC5 but I haven't seen it yet.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Ok so I havent got my question verified yet, lol. are the shock pistons used in the tc5 the same for all the off road cars and everything? I seen a pic and they dont look different but I could be wrong
Old 01-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by C_Money
Ok so I havent got my question verified yet, lol. are the shock pistons used in the tc5 the same for all the off road cars and everything? I seen a pic and they dont look different but I could be wrong
yes they are. I bought my spares from the off road track. It comes with #1, 2, & 3 pistons.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

anyone had a problem with the shocks ?

One of them won't hold the oil, just keeps leaking,
I have trid with and without the foam spacers,
no burr's on shocks or bladders either.

I have had to put TC3 one's on.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Where is it leaking top or bottom? If bottom then the o-ring is possbly torn. If it is the top then the blue nut should go all the way down to the flat part of the shock just before after the threads. Perhaps a picture of your shock would help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.