Team Associated TC5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Dont worry Yeti, I dont even have a date for it yet but still think I will see it before you get a type-R
Old 01-25-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

the tc5 looks like xray t2.
but itīs blue alu. in it
Old 01-25-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ff01
but itīs blue alu. in it
What what an original concept, did you think of that all by yourself?
Old 01-25-2007, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

here is the problem that is see with the car. It is taking so long for AE to develope this one car. Xray developes a new car about every year staying on top of the game. How is AE or anyone else going to compete with that. I am new to the game but this is what I am hearing.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Adept

also heard car doesn't do so well on carpet with foams true or not true?
Old 01-25-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ruinn
if you listen to what everybody "says", you'll just be getting opinions based mostly on race results and other rumors and hearsay...

the car hasn't won a major yet on carpet: true, but those observing the cars and checking lap timse will note that the car isn't "off-pace" but simply that the drivers haven't been able to put in the good runs needed to compete at the top. it's just a mattre of time before the setups reach the next level and the car is winning some big events...

as for the development, there are too many ways t argue the issue... you could say xray is at the top of the game and making new stuff all the time, but is it really a huge improvement or just a way to keep consumers buying more product? on the flipside with AE and companies that maybe releasing less product, is that necessarily bad or is it that once a car is released with proper development it can and will be competitive for a longer time period than half a year to a year...
Old 01-25-2007, 08:45 AM
CAi
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ff01
but itīs blue alu. in it
Maybe a bit. If you don't look closer.

Best thing is that...
it is faster than X-ray 007'.... remember DHI
Old 01-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ruinn
you will find out after the snowbirds!
Old 01-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Lots of manufacturers manage to remain competitive against XRay without releasing new kits every 8 months. New parts, aftermarket parts, and updated kits can keep a chassis competitive for years. Just because XRay decides to roll their updates into a new kit every few months doesn't mean that's the only way to do things. Maybe if they spent more time developing a kit, they wouldn't need to release an update so quickly to fix its problems. Okay, I only kind of meant that, but you get my point.

The LAST thing someone new to racing needs to do is get into a car they're going to feel compelled to replace in less than a year because their company released something new, and stopped supporting the one they bought. And by support, I mean setups, tips and tricks about the car. That information stops coming in when a new version is released, and that's a real shame, because you can find out a lot about a car after a couple of years of messing with it. XRay's cars don't really get that chance, because they're replaced so quickly.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Yup, it will be just like us Losi guys waiting on the Type R. It should be no longer then TWO WEEKS!!
Everyone knows that Losi is just sandbag n' so they can release the same time as Corally, Schumacher, Associated. I think their is alot of marketing at play here. Lets remeber all these companies have been around the block a few times and know a thing or two about marketing and market share.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They are probably waiting for the Nuremberg Toy Fair next week to launch it. I know we will show the Mi3 there for the first time and Corally will have the RDX-Phi there.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RandyB
Everyone knows that Losi is just sandbag n' so they can release the same time as Corally, Schumacher, Associated. I think their is alot of marketing at play here. Lets remeber all these companies have been around the block a few times and know a thing or two about marketing and market share.
Actually the info I got about our wait has nothing to do with marketing as far as sedans are concerned. They got more priority at the moment on their new dirt stuff ie; Losi 8 and Muggy. It seems to appear they don't care about the onroad guys at the moment and this is not directed at Todd or the Losi family. More about the Parent company of Horizon.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

as far as marketing goes, the best marketing is winning hands down. If the car wins it gets more magazine time, more talk time and more damn I can't wait til it comes out time. But the buzz around the tc5 isn't that way because it hasn't won a whole lot. Believe me I hate X Ray but they are winning races and doing it consistantly. Old car to the new car. They are doing something right. I sincerely hope that AE is able to win Snowbirds and prove me wrong. If not I will stick to my old TC3, I will not play the car every eight months game.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
They are probably waiting for the Nuremberg Toy Fair next week to launch it. I know we will show the Mi3 there for the first time and Corally will have the RDX-Phi there.
so how long after is the MI3 coming out
Old 01-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i am just one mid pack racer. I know I can't wait to see the new car. I am waiting to see what the Assoc guys come up with at Snowbirds. I see pics, I see the Factory guys race them, I wanna race it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.