My new Touring.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 09:38 AM
h2e
Tech Fanatic

Any trackside or build news?
Old 08-04-2021, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Not at the moment. Next week's maybe I can try the car on the track again.
Old 08-25-2021, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Finally yesterday I could test the car on the track for a short time. No timing but very happy with the behavior of the car. The electronic I used is not the definitiv one. I need to work in the setup. But looking good.

Meanwhile, I made some changes on the rear shock tower to mount the body post horizontally.

wtcc, Flipside6900, garnt and 2 others like this.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:46 PM
h2e
Tech Fanatic

Nice! Always fun to test the things! How about your steering response? What was your setup lacking so far?
Old 08-25-2021, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

About the rear horizontal body supports, you should keep your existing design and just join the two holes together. Hagberg does that on his Xray so he can adjust the high of the body.
Old 08-25-2021, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by h2e
Nice! Always fun to test the things! How about your steering response? What was your setup lacking so far?
I find the steering fine. Of course I can improve it. I need to make intensive test with timing to get a precise idea. About the setup, the right springs, the best shock oil, toe angles, etc.
Old 08-25-2021, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Airwave
About the rear horizontal body supports, you should keep your existing design and just join the two holes together. Hagberg does that on his Xray so he can adjust the high of the body.
Not if you use something like that:

Old 08-26-2021, 01:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So you telling me that you are going to use horizontal body supports to fix your lightweight lexan body to lower CoG and now you want to add this HEAVY parts in your body?

You can also just continue to use standard body supports...
Old 08-26-2021, 03:07 AM
Tech Regular

So you telling me that you are going to use horizontal body supports to fix your lightweight lexan body to lower CoG and now you want to add this HEAVY parts in your body?

Is a point to study carefully. Changing the body post assembly system, True that I add new parts in the body, but also, the shock towers nor are smaller and the body posts are also lighter. There is an interesting video from tonisport in Youtube talking about this point, weight transfer, down force effect on the body, etc. At the end, what you do is to move some weight from the shock tower to the body under the wing.
But In my case, I did it manly because I had problems to adjust the damper preload collar, I have too little room for my fingers.
At the moment, I´m going to still trying the car with vertical body post, but I have the new concept done to try it in the future if I want.
Flipside6900 likes this.
Old 08-26-2021, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

like someone will notice the difference from horizontal vs vertical body post from the driver stand 🤷‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Lol
desaix and h2e like this.
Old 08-27-2021, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Default I’m looking for something different to race with

Originally Posted by Eotz
Finally yesterday I could test the car on the track for a short time. No timing but very happy with the behavior of the car. The electronic I used is not the definitiv one. I need to work in the setup. But looking good.

Meanwhile, I made some changes on the rear shock tower to mount the body post horizontally.

I don’t race much these days. But I’m still pretty fast. I’ve won a couple national titles. Is there a possibility to purchase one of these cars? Looks fun. Let me know. Thanks

you can email me directly if you wish

[email protected]
Old 08-27-2021, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

I sent you a email.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

Finally yesterday was the first racing day wit the car. At the Saturday I could only training for about 1 hour (30 laps other guys did more than 180), The weather was´t very good and also was the first race for my son, so I had to take a lot of time with his car. The Sunday waked up cloudy but the track was dry. We started the first qualifying for the kids, the first for the FWD and then the first of 21.5T, my leg. I felt the car very good, stable and easy to drive. The steering is very good too. My best lap was 20.5 seconds, The fastest lap of the qualifying was 19.222 seconds. First, I´m not a top driver, I almost raced in the last 4 years. I raced with a PM10 GT body while other drivers used the newest touring bodies, I almost had time to work with the setup and also my car is a little bit heavy. I am sure that throughout the day I could have improved my times a lot.

But, started to rain heavily and the race was cancel.A pity not to be able to take advantage of the day.

Just keep working. And we took the children's qualifying as a final and gave each one a small trophy. My son finished third.
Lonestar and h2e like this.
Old 09-12-2021, 11:06 PM
h2e
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for sharing! I know it's sometimes frustrating if you go to an event with hopes and expectations. Just enjoy the time with your son, and your other son (your own touring car ).
Old 09-15-2021, 02:23 AM
h2e
Tech Fanatic

Default Weight reduction options

If you look for weight reduction, I can recommend you to weigh every part and compare to another typical car.
By your images, you have potential to reduce bulkheads weight. Also the top ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.