Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree383Likes

My new Touring.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 03:14 AM
Tech Regular

A brief commentary regarding the asymmetry of the steering. In my CAD kinematic simulations, I noticed that with the servo horn perpendicular to the chassis, the amount on angle that the servo should turn to get the same steering in both directions was not the same. According to the simulations (For my design), the servo horn should be rotated 21° inwards the car. It was impossible to reach this angle only placing the servo horn one or to tooths rotated from the neutral position (In a 25T servo each tooth is 14,4°). But last night finally I was able to program the new servo to the right place, and after moving the neutral point the 21°, now the steering works perfectly symmetric. I want to test it as soon as possible on the track.
rccartips and wtcc like this.

Last edited by Eotz; 03-01-2024 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Today I was able to try the car at the circuit and pick up the 3D printed parts. The steering was fine, maybe still having too much initial steering, but no so much as the last time. The car now is 4mm wider, but not arrived jet to the 190mm. The AGF servo works very smoothly. The 3D printed parts fit perfectly and the suspension moves fine with the Schumacher shocks.

Last edited by Eotz; 03-03-2024 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-07-2024, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

I have replaced the 3Racing C-Hubs with the MTS T3M Hubs.

rccartips and h2e like this.
Old 03-07-2024, 12:13 PM
h2e
Tech Fanatic

happy to hear your thoughts on the effect on entry steering, also robustness...
Eotz likes this.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That looks great and I'm sure it will improve with time. I can't wait to see where this goes.
Eotz likes this.
Old 03-19-2024, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

MTS Hubs are really weak. Just a small contact with the wall and get broken.

Old 03-19-2024, 09:56 AM
h2e
Tech Fanatic

Sorry to hear, unfortunately didn't come as a big surprise. If you want to keep a C hub design, you have now the option to go for the axon hub design.
Old 03-19-2024, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by h2e
Sorry to hear, unfortunately didn't come as a big surprise. If you want to keep a C hub design, you have now the option to go for the axon hub design.
Axom design is pretty similar to the MTS. The difference is that Axom hubs are made in alloy. C Hubs I used from 3Racing, and I'm going to use them again until new MTS spare arrive.
Provably is all is a chain of mistakes. Originally the MTS hubs come with M2.6x14mm screws, and the guy on the only shop told me that now they come with M3x14mm screws. I agrre to buy the M3 ones. But it was almos imposiblo to screw them into the hub, so I used M3x12mm screws. And this can be the reason thay break like that. When the next hubs arrive, I will thread the holes before.
rccartips likes this.
Old 03-27-2024, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

The new carbon fibre parts are already done. Just waiting they arrive home.

New updated suspension arms will be printed very soon too. I will start the outdoor season with the MKIII completed.