Search
Like Tree3Likes

Silver Can Motor Tips/Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
I've only seen that with the 2 of us running unequal motors...(21+k on his and 19K on mine....then there was a BIG difference regardless of setup.
even a 500rpm advantage will translate on the track if the person with the advantage has a car thats better set up and isnt scrubbing speed entering/exiting the corners.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Rafaelli- Try 10/13/18/20 amp settings, all at 5 volts. You shouldn't burn up any motors with those settngs and it would be highly unusual for a silver can to pull much more than 20 amps in a Mini. Possibly more in a GT3, but I set my amp limiter at about 20-22 amps and the car never stutters in GT3.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Rafaelli- Try 10/13/18/20 amp settings, all at 5 volts. You shouldn't burn up any motors with those settngs and it would be highly unusual for a silver can to pull much more than 20 amps in a Mini. Possibly more in a GT3, but I set my amp limiter at about 20-22 amps and the car never stutters in GT3.

Thanks. I will give it a shot this weekend.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:46 PM
oME
Tech Apprentice

Smile huh???

Originally Posted by rccartips
Hi,

I have raced w/ people who have put 23T (tamiya sport tuned) arms inside a mabuchi can, and can see the difference in the straight. But then again, same speed difference while racing against a pro with a legal motor.
JOEL I AGREE WITH THE BREAKING APPROACHING CORNERS MAN! SLOW IN FAST OUT YOU CAN EVEN SEE THIS APPLICATION EVEN ON PRO DRIVERS!

AS FOR THE 23T TAMIYA SPORT TUNED ARMS INSIDE A MABUCHI CAN I THINK ITS IMPOSSIBLE I HEAR PEOPLE HERE TALK ABOUT THIS AND YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE IVE HEARD THAT SAW OR KNOW ON HOW TO DO THIS P.M. ME.

ITS NOT A SILVER CAN WAR
ITS A ESC, BATTERY, BATTERY CHARGE, SET UP, KIT AND SKILLS WAR...
Old 12-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 10 feet

Last edited by rccartips; 12-21-2007 at 01:03 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:44 PM
oME
Tech Apprentice

Smile 23t silver can

Any guys here can really effectively tell me how a silver can motor can be reversed engineered to put an armature of a 23t ie sports tuned into a silver can motor.

Or even can you guys explain me how this goes. Even how to put the cap out of the silver can...

This all serves as R&D for me

I would like to know what other possibilities are out there that I might not know
Attached Thumbnails Silver Can Motor Tips/Tricks-o-me.jpg   Silver Can Motor Tips/Tricks-motor-parts.jpg  
Old 12-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I'm sure that it would be noticeable to *someone*, but it's not that hard to get them apart. You could certainly make it "not obvious" if you're careful and you practiced a little.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:28 PM
oME
Tech Apprentice

Smile HMMM?

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
I'm sure that it would be noticeable to *someone*, but it's not that hard to get them apart. You could certainly make it "not obvious" if you're careful and you practiced a little.
I'm sure that it would be noticeable to *someone*
HOW

but it's not that hard to get them apart. You could certainly make it "not obvious"
HOW

OUT OF MY CURIOUSITY
Old 12-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rccartips
Hi,

10 feet, other factors not mentioned...

1. More camber, less tire friction, higher top speed.
2. Less rear toe in.
3. Aero body.
4. Gearing.
5. Steering is perfectly straight. No wavering and scrubbing speed.
6. Stuffed tires. Hard tires, less rolling resistance.

Im sure there are more. Fast guys, please share to show it is not really cheating.

joel
1. It's not adjustable
2. You have a choice of 0, 1 1/2, or 2 degree rear uprights. I believe the TCS
Champ. was using the 2 degree uprights. Surely he qualifies as a "fast" guy
3. Not legal
4. Not legal
5. Ever try to drive a Mini straight with 0 degrees of toe out.'
6. Everyone, and I mean everyone does this. but most go softer on one end or the other

Do you have or have you ever driven a Mini????? It's no wonder they pull you by 10+ feet. First with that aero body and illegal gears you'd be cheating and wouldn't make out of tech. And if you had the right gears and proper body, and you had hard tires all around, 0 degree blocks in the rear, and had your front wheels at 0 degrees toe in or toe out, this is what you Mini would drive like. It would wander down the straight almost uncontrollably unless you slowed way down and would spin out except at very slow speeds. If you've got a Mini set up like that, you'd better get some help fast before you destroy your car. Betteryet, check out Devin Whites set up in the Mini Cooper thread.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Smile He's a champ in mini

Originally Posted by Granpa
1. It's not adjustable
2. You have a choice of 0, 1 1/2, or 2 degree rear uprights. I believe the TCS
Champ. was using the 2 degree uprights. Surely he qualifies as a "fast" guy
3. Not legal
4. Not legal
5. Ever try to drive a Mini straight with 0 degrees of toe out.'
6. Everyone, and I mean everyone does this. but most go softer on one end or the other

Do you have or have you ever driven a Mini????? It's no wonder they pull you by 10+ feet. First with that aero body and illegal gears you'd be cheating and wouldn't make out of tech. And if you had the right gears and proper body, and you had hard tires all around, 0 degree blocks in the rear, and had your front wheels at 0 degrees toe in or toe out, this is what you Mini would drive like. It would wander down the straight almost uncontrollably unless you slowed way down and would spin out except at very slow speeds. If you've got a Mini set up like that, you'd better get some help fast before you destroy your car. Betteryet, check out Devin Whites set up in the Mini Cooper thread.
He's a champ in mini even played in the A- MAINS AT TAC
Old 12-20-2007, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

The end bells are just crimped in. Just use some small pliers and undo the crimps and pull the endbell out. You can re-crimp it (stake) it back in.

If you put it side-by-side with another (unopened) motor, you would no doubt notice that the crimps were different, but if you did it carefully, it wouldn't be totally obvious.

Originally Posted by oME
I'm sure that it would be noticeable to *someone*
HOW

but it's not that hard to get them apart. You could certainly make it "not obvious"
HOW

OUT OF MY CURIOUSITY
Old 12-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Swift and Sleek
He's a champ in mini even played in the A- MAINS AT TAC
That he may be, but the camber on a Mini is still not adjustable, aero bodies, and changing the gearing are still illegal, and O degree front and rear on hard tires all around will still make your Mini nearly undriveable. If everyone where I race, had their Minis adjusted that way and had stock gearing and bodies and the stock NONADJUSTABLE camber links, I'd be untouchable, that is if I could avoid all of the weaving and spinning Minis. However, I will admit that I certainly could be wrong and would suggest if anyone wants to try that setup to do so, except for the illegal stuff. None of the fast guys I know run a setup like that and they include the TCS Champ, the 2nd Qualifier, another A main Qualifier, and A couple or more who were in the B main at the last TCS Nationals. As for me, no thanks, I'll listen to those guys.
Sorry, I forgot the MO3R has rear camber links that are adjustable, but only circa .5mm in a useful direction
Old 12-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Faster

Last edited by rccartips; 12-21-2007 at 01:04 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

Smile CSEILS

Originally Posted by CSeils
I'll let you know in another 15 years.
BRO CSEILS IS THIS THE POLISH YOU TOLD ME???
Old 12-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default PICS

PICS
Attached Thumbnails Silver Can Motor Tips/Tricks-05100-05101_193px.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.