Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
X-ray nation switching to the Corally commune? >

X-ray nation switching to the Corally commune?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

X-ray nation switching to the Corally commune?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Tech Master

ok I have a RDX and a Xray t2.

The rdx, fast out of the box (being uk spec) veryvery good outdoors.

Indoors is probably my driving, but i found the front steering knuckles to be very weak......yes i know the alloy ones would solve that but its a lot of cash. They were breaking with the slightest impact....rubbing a mate down the straight broke on...on harder inpacts they knuckle just vanished.

so bought a t2.

havent run it properly yes, but you can tell the plastic used is of better quality, no upgrades required.

Will run the car in the next few weeks.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lotus1
Have to agree on the fragility of the RDX.It SEEMS to be more fragile than the Xray.Comparing the 2 with the ex-Xray drivers,they talk of the smaller bearings and more fragile hub carriers/steering blocks.DOESN'T seem to be that big an issue tho.Maybe give the T2 some more time with the guys that are sticking with it to see if it can "blossom".so to speak.Lost 1 more to the commune this week.lol.Mario.
It is pretty funny to see how many RDx's there are now.....

I have broken only 1 piece of plastic this winter. I dont think the car is fragile at all, no, I am not running the big bumper.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey Chris,How's it going?I did emphasize "seems" in my post.3 blocks this weekend.Not much but,with guys with less talent than you...It MIGHT be an issue.Probably not.It really doesn't seem to be any worse than the others.Anyhoo,I'm sticking with the FTTC4 for now.lol.So far,That's been a tank,in terms of breakage.Mario.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:27 AM
Tech Adept

this post is tired. the same things have been said over and over again. if you like the rdx run it. if you like the t2 run it. this hobby is constantly evolving, and that is good. we need to start focusing on how to get the prices down so more people can afford it, or we will all be racing in front of a wall mart on the weekends.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Relatively speaking, the prices already ARE way down compared to what they were 15-20 years ago when RC cars were in their 'golden age'

What needs to improve are attitudes. It's good to be competitive, but more and more people are losing trackof the FUN that originally brought most of us to this hobby to begin with.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:41 AM
Tech Adept

I can't belive this the guy that starts this therd is running a FTTC4
Old 02-21-2006, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EddieO
My top competitor telling it how it is!

Watch the video.....Peter got PEELED by the RDX behind him......hard to play catch up at that point....I think he dropped all the way back to 7th......and still ended up 3rd overall....

Power was not the problem....

Please know the facts in the future before speaking.....

Later EddieO
I didnt know i missed the VIP industry special showing of the stock main. damn!
I think all the peeeling went down in the mod tc main.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

I can't remember the last time I saw a good, clean A Main...in any class. That's why we focused on getting clean runs in the first qualifier to survive the reshuffle,(well, except for Smyka when the turn marshall set his car on it's side even though it wasn't broken ). Then we turned our focus to making sure we TQ'd both classes, to insure a good starting spot. We didn't want to have to work to win from 8th again, like Cleveland.

To claim that barring wrecks someone else would've won is a hypothetical, at best. Once Dayger pulled out front to a comfortable lead, he switched it to auto pilot and aired it out as not to make any unneccessary mistakes...something he learned at the January Jam when breaking all by himself with over a straight away lead. Just a good, heads-up drive by someone who learned from their mistakes, and is learning how to control a race once he's in the lead.

It is possible that if someone got close enough to pressure Dayger, (or to rough him up) the outcomes would have been different in both Stock classes. Since no one could or did, we'll never know. I guess we'll just have to let Dayger keep both Snowbird trophies for his wins...
Old 02-21-2006, 09:36 AM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TJ Bradley
I didnt know i missed the VIP industry special showing of the stock main. damn!
I think all the peeeling went down in the mod tc main.
T what's up? We need you and the rest of the Corally boys to come to the Canadian Nats this year! April 1-2!

L8

Al Bella
Old 02-21-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Please keep in mind, I am not saying Peter would of won.....all I know is he was like .10 off TQ or whatever.....and certainly was fast....and for some nimwit to come on here claiming he was lacking power or whatever, is just nuts......look at the lap times.....

And I didn't even complain about how in his last qualifier they started the guys wrong......which more than likely cost Peter TQ.....while giving Jeff a perfect shot at it....

Jeff drove his pants off in both classes.....

Fastest Lap of the weekend in stock touring.....Timmy Heiser in a FK04....

End result, this thread is dumb.....

Later EddieO
Old 02-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO

Fastest Lap of the weekend in stock touring.....Timmy Heiser in a FK04....

End result, this thread is dumb.....

Later EddieO
LMFAO

Preach on Brother Eddie!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stiltskin
So let's assume that the T2 is the superior car. Was it Peter's driving that kept him from beating Dayger and Bradley, or was he having some power problems?
When you have drivers of that caliber who never run any more than .02 off each other every lap starting 5 feet apart from each other, at a race as important as Snowbirds there is bound to be some pushing and shoving going on up front. Pete's car pushed out, TJ hooked up and saw a hole in the first corner and jumped on it, obviously Peter isn't just going to watch him go by so he tried to close up the hole. It wasn't a matter or Car, Motor, Driver, whatever...It was racing. Peter is obviously one of the top stock drivers in the country, and has the trophys to prove it. Dayger, TJ, Drew and Cuffs are all in the same boat and can all prove it at any given race. Just wanted to throw in my .02$, but yeah EddieO, this thread sucks
Old 02-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I agree.... if you hand any of these guys a top level car they will whoop up on the average driver. Racing is Racing.... stuff happens.

-Korey
Old 02-21-2006, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

Understood Eddie...This thread, like so many others, is dumb.
That was the point I was trying to make, maybe I was just too politically correct with my post...

I, too, can't stand the "Shoulda/Coulda/Woulda" posts of some. On any given day any of the top drivers can win, and everyone in the A Main has great equipment and speed, or they wouldn't be there. It all comes down to who's day it is, and who has the best car and wheel that day. The car and driver are still the biggest factor of any form of racing. One can't do it without the other, just ask Paul Lemiuex...

Don't let the naysayers or nimwits as you call them get you going. Just keep up the good work, beat them on the track and smile graciously...
Old 02-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

For the record, I think both X-Ray and the Corally cars are awesome pieces of engineering...With any car, there are both strengths and weaknesses, but either could win on any given day. They have both raised the bar and have the other Sedan manufacturers working to catch up on...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.