Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree272Likes

XRAY T4'19 SPEC

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 08:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SGrubb
to R. Dodge i got the setup on petitrc i check to see if i had the right one but i cant find it. but i have a copy at home. the car has no traction roll like symptoms. just in the sweeper the two inside tires come off the carpet. and the car push's .
Just a thought, but maybe lift a little in the sweeper. Maybe you're trying to force the car too much. Like I said, just a thought...
freebird likes this.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by R Dodge
I searched the xray forum but couldn't find it. Could you provide a link to it?
I just printed jan ratheisky 4-2-19 super stock 17.5 iam trying to setup for 17.5 what do you think about this setup. and yes i push the car in the sweeper.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:31 AM
Suspended

I just printed jan ratheisky 4-2-19 super stock 17.5 iam trying to setup for 17.5 what do you think about this setup. and yes i push the car in the sweeper.

Yes, Jan's snowbirds setup should be good to go with. If that is still tipping, please let us know.

Does the tipping go away as the run goes on? Or does it lift the whole run?
Old 02-21-2019, 11:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Yes, Jan's snowbirds setup should be good to go with. If that is still tipping, please let us know.

Hi Robbie
Jan uses the flex chassis,do you think that I can use the flex or do you think I need the full aluminum and what is your opinion on using the flex compared to the full aluminum
thanks
Old 02-21-2019, 01:52 PM
Tech Adept

The more you run the more tipping you get. you think puting glue on the back tires will help. or just start over with jan's setup first.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Anyone know where can we get the pieces to run a shorty battery?
Old 02-22-2019, 02:40 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by pimp it
Hi Robbie
Jan uses the flex chassis,do you think that I can use the flex or do you think I need the full aluminum and what is your opinion on using the flex compared to the full aluminum
thanks
This is a tricky question these days. My local track is pretty high bite, so I prefer the solid chassis there always. It seems a lot of the big races lately are not very high bite, or the surface ends up becoming greasy for whatever reason. In those conditions, a flex chassis is good as Jan has shown at IIC and Snowbirds. I did not attend IIC, but I ran a solid chassis at Snowbirds. Both of our cars were pretty good there, so it seems either chassis can work.

The more you run the more tipping you get. you think puting glue on the back tires will help. or just start over with jan's setup first.
Interesting. Yes, try Jan's setup and let us know how that goes. Don't glue the rears yet, I don't think that will solve this issue.

Originally Posted by Speedychris22
Anyone know where can we get the pieces to run a shorty battery?
There is nothing available yet. It is still being developed.
Speedychris22 likes this.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=R Dodge;15400434]This is a tricky question these days. My local track is pretty high bite, so I prefer the solid chassis there always. It seems a lot of the big races lately are not very high bite, or the surface ends up becoming greasy for whatever reason. In those conditions, a flex chassis is good as Jan has shown at IIC and Snowbirds. I did not attend IIC, but I ran a solid chassis at Snowbirds. Both of our cars were pretty good there, so it seems either chassis can work.

Interesting. Yes, try Jan's setup and let us know how that goes. Don't glue the rears yet, I don't think that will solve this issue
R Dodge i tryed jan ratheisky setup and all the car did is traction roll. had toput more glue on the tires.

There is nothing available yet. It is still being developed.[/QUOTE
Old 02-26-2019, 12:06 PM
Suspended

SGrubb,

Can you confirm, this is the setup you ran?

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...&setup=t4_2019
Old 02-26-2019, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

SGrubb,

Can you confirm, this is the setup you ran?

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...&setup=t4_2019
yes this is the setup i have the car traction roll in booth directions.front tires glued to 60mm from 59mm it worked just ok.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:04 AM
Suspended

yes this is the setup i have the car traction roll in booth directions.front tires glued to 60mm from 59mm it worked just ok.
Without seeing the car to know exactly what it is doing, the first thing I would suggest is moving all the arms back. You can try a small change first, going with 1.5mm front and 0.5mm rear shims, or you can just move the arms all the way back (2mm front w/ 0mm rear) to really calm the car down. Do this to the front and rear arms together. By doing this you are moving more weight over the front axle and removing weight behind the rear axle. This makes the car much less aggressive for high bite. Other things you may try is shimming the topdeck up either 0.5mm or 1mm. This will make the car a little less reactive or edgy, but will make more mid-corner steering. The amount you raise the topdeck will change how the car feels; more shim being less edgy with more mid-corner steering. You may also try changing from 2.6 to 2.5 rear spring. In high bite I find that the stiffer rear spring makes the car edgy and can cause traction rolling, especially in the sweeper.

The order I would make changes is 1) move the arms, 2) change rear springs, 3) raise the topdeck.

Of course, more glue works but typically we try to stay in the 58-59mm range.

Hope this helps.
Slo_E4 and johnzhou2476 like this.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Robbie, how about you "unlock" your set-up. Just interested to see what you're doing with the car. My usual go to set-ups are based off Alexander's...

Thanks
Darryl
Old 02-27-2019, 07:06 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by KE4PJO
Hey Robbie, how about you "unlock" your set-up. Just interested to see what you're doing with the car. My usual go to set-ups are based off Alexander's...

Thanks
Darryl
Hey Darryl,

That one is still a work in progress. Maybe after ROAR Nats I will have something to share

In the meantime, I am attaching my setups from Stock Wars and Snowbirds. Stock Wars was on medium-high bite with Gravity tires. Snowbirds was on low-medium bite with Jacos.

KE4PJO likes this.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Darryl,

That one is still a work in progress. Maybe after ROAR Nats I will have something to share

In the meantime, I am attaching my setups from Stock Wars and Snowbirds. Stock Wars was on medium-high bite with Gravity tires. Snowbirds was on low-medium bite with Jacos.
Are both of these with the solid chassis?
Old 02-27-2019, 09:39 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by KE4PJO
Are both of these with the solid chassis?
Yes sir

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.