Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2001, 12:46 AM
Tech Adept

The top mounted sway bar is supposed to reduce intial steering slightly and give better traction mid and exit of a corner. I use the low down type and I think that depending on which thickness you use, you can get it do to what you want it to without having to mount one up top. But the top mounted one works as well.

Darkside - I disagree with you slightly. Team drivers are there for one reason primarily..to sell product. Whether it be by winning big races, being helpful to other racers, or a combination therof. There's nothing unreasonable about giving team guys a new product and asking them to run it. Yes there's a risk involved when the previous car is the World Champion car, that you may or may not be able to improve upon that. But if you have a car for a couple of years, you get into a comfort zone. So its easier to use a car that you know well. But how are you going to find out whether or not the new chassis is faster unless you focus the efforts of your drivers on that product? If after dedication to the newer product, it turns out that it did not perform to the standards of the previous product, don't you think that Yokomo would address that? Yokomo Japan markets the car as MR4TC Custom. When buying a custom, you get to choose between the SP chassis kit or the World's kit. The World's chassis has not been obsoleted from Yokomo, but instead an option has been created. If the SP were to lose momentum on the racing scene for Yokomo, I wouldn't be surprised if you saw something like the Custom or an option offered from Yokomo USA as well. The SP drives great, so does the World's. Take your pick
Old 09-09-2001, 04:10 AM
Tech Champion

Default MR4TC SP setups

Where can i get some good info on setting up Yokomo MR4 TC's in particular the MR4TC Special.

Thanks
Old 09-09-2001, 04:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

black-knight: Check my homepage. Some setups there and stuff. Not so up to date as it should be but....

http://www.yokomofinland.cjb.net

Nice to see all of you rctouring people here as well!
Old 09-09-2001, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Hey kentech, may I suggest you put a link to your site in your signature? You could do a link like "Come and visite my site" where you would click on that and it would take you there...Just a suggestion.

I love the special. I was talking to Darren a while ago and he said Chris Tossolini doesn't like change, go figure.

Speedo
Old 09-09-2001, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Speedo: Remember thinking some time ago that I should do that....dunno why I have not done it! Thanks for reminding me!
Old 09-09-2001, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

testing if it works now then...
Old 09-09-2001, 11:19 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Everyone: In the Special, it appears to me that the included battery bar is completely useless. On my packs, it interferes with the solder tabs on the side of the pack (since they are bent over the top to allow for easy soldering, like most people I've seen use). How do you guys get around this? Does anybody actually use that blue battery bar?

Dave K: You mentioned in one of your earlier setup posts that you use a battery strap, as opposed to the regular battery bar in the Special. Don't suppose you have any pics of what that looks like, or know where to get one?
Old 09-09-2001, 11:21 AM
R/C Tech Founder

kentech: Sig works! But here's an idea for it. When you type it in to the signature editor, type it in like:

[ url ]http://www.yokomofinland.cjb.net [ /url ]

Except eliminate the spaces between the brackets and the "url" and "/url" for it to work.

That way people will be able to click on it.
Old 09-09-2001, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

futureal, I use the battery bar. I think Dave probably means he does too, bar/strap are pretty much the same thing. I had to bend the battery bars away a little to get it to fit, but I don't mind doing that...

kentech, you could also do a [url= URL HERE]Yokomo Finland[/ url ] type thing, so the text "Yokomo Finland" appears and they could click on that...

shane, how is the losi? A few guys up here have them, will be interesting to see how they go...

Speedo
Old 09-09-2001, 11:18 PM
Tech Adept

No, actually I use a strap made by "Dan's RC Stuff". It was originally made for the 6-cell LTO's or oval cars. Works great. I think the Yok bar is cool but I had the same issues with the Panasonics liking to move around and the battery bars hitting it. I suppose I could just change the config of my batteries a bit but I'm using the strap for now.
Old 09-10-2001, 12:34 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the tips!
Old 09-10-2001, 05:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Smile

Well the BIG RACE (Charity Race) is over and I'm a bit disapointed that I didn't do better. I placed 4th in the B main of Super Stock. Not to bad I guess considering the mains went all the way to "E". I really wanted to do better, though.

Concerning the Special... I find that it works better for me than my old Pro did. I never had the Worlds version (the Special came out before I had a chance to buy the Worlds), so I can't compare the Special to the Worlds. IMO (and I felt this from the beginning), Yokomo needed a new kit if for no other reason to eliminate Hara's picture from the box. The World's kit, was only the World's kit because Hara won with it. Hara went to HPI, so Yokomo couldn't allow the World's kit to be their Top of the Line car with his photo on the box, and him (Hara) driving for HPI. Granted, the Special was probably on the drawing board, but I think that Hara leaving made it more important for Yokomo to get the Special into production sooner.

I do use the aluminum battery strap. I don't hard wire my batteries though. I use the Corally/GM type tube connectors so there's no problem with interference. I admit though, that I don't like having to remove the battery holder post, or the motor to install a pinion.
Old 09-10-2001, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Kentech:
Why would YOU think Barry's departure is not a big loss for Yokomo?
If you went through the trouble of reviewing Yokomo's history since the YR4-M2 you would realize that Barry has won by far the most races and titles for Yokomo, besides Masami.

Barry is a diva, but he's the damn best TC driver Yokomo had.
I was able to watch Team Yokomo at a big race we had at our track in July.
It was Barry that actually came to the track first thing in the morning, learning the track and setting up his car.
By the time his team mates made it out of bed, they just copied Barry's setup and tire choice.
I also met him at SoCal several times and he was always VERY friendly and helpful and every tip he gave me actually WORKED.

He is the man behind Yokomo's long string of sucess in the US.

So, my finnish friend, don't judge people you don't know, and even more important, don't believe everthing you read on the net, because there is a lot of jealousy involved.
Old 09-10-2001, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Regarding the Special:

I also have not bought the special, because I'm driving or Penguin and therefore use their graphite chassis.
This chassis also has the batteries slightly closer to the centerline.
The biggestadvantage of the penguin chassis is, that it's tweak-free, compared to the molded chassis from Yokomo.

I have to disagree, that a team driver has to run and be happy with whatever the company hands to him.
They are hired and in the business to win races. The companies use this sucess to sell their product.
If some new brainfart does not yield the results that the designer desired, you cannot force a team driver to use it.
It's not just about the company, it's also about the drivers reputation.
e all know, that if someone wins, it mostly regarded to the car, but if he looses it's always the drivers fault.
These guys have to worry about their market value...
Old 09-10-2001, 08:11 AM
Regional Moderator

I think Yokomo don't want Barry to use the Worlds because they're not produce the Worlds Replica anymore and maybe because The Worlds is Hara's car (He is driving for HPI now)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.