Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree27Likes

XX-4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

p.s. Dyno Dan, My friend Matty Primmer (Aus driver from the Worlds in Finland) reckons you are the master at keeping a secret. I suppose it's pointless to ask if any new Losi 4WD will be an evolution of the XX-4 then. I'll ask anyway though, will the new car take its inspiration from the XX-4? I remember the original prototype had a metal chassis, so that might suit your design philosophy.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Default In with the old

Originally Posted by Dyno Dan
Nice to see the traffic in this thread
The xx4 keep's on Kicking!
Old 12-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

cheers guys , yes on the clicker under brakes . i also had some clicking in some turning instances . i was listening real carefully and the car has alot of noises , all good .
Old 12-21-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default XX4 Swaybar

Where are people purchasing their swaybars from?

Were they a standard item on Worlds Edition car's... I have had a look on Amain for a XX4we sway bar kit and have not come across one.... Any help would be appreciated!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

anyone have a trinity motor clamp and servo mounts forsale?
Old 12-21-2011, 05:11 PM
AE

Radio Active: I can keep my cards pretty close to my chest I think the XX4 is an amazing platform that so many other companies used for inspiration, but missed the mark. I love seeing all walks of people dig out there old battle axes (XX4s) and share the same amazement at how good the car was, and how much better it is with brushless and lipo. Only time will tell what will come to fruition, but the XX4 is inspiring to say the least

Brent J: Most people have found a piece of .050" music wire, and custom bent it to work w the losi sway bar ball ends. The swaybar wasn't standard in the kit.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Dan. thanks for the info. I need to change a few things up. I will be running my worlds on new years eve at trackside. I appreciate the info.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Radio Active: I can keep my cards pretty close to my chest I think the XX4 is an amazing platform that so many other companies used for inspiration, but missed the mark. I love seeing all walks of people dig out there old battle axes (XX4s) and share the same amazement at how good the car was, and how much better it is with brushless and lipo. Only time will tell what will come to fruition, but the XX4 is inspiring to say the least

Brent J: Most people have found a piece of .050" music wire, and custom bent it to work w the losi sway bar ball ends. The swaybar wasn't standard in the kit.
+1^
Old 12-22-2011, 02:01 AM
Tech Champion

Hey, thanks for the reply. My XX-4 hasn't been dug out though. It has been running continuously since it was bought in 1998 (my spare chassis is off my brother's old car from the first shipment to Australia in '97), it's the original chassis. The car has won me a State Title and a National Title, and 3 months ago I was half a second off TQ at another State Title with it. People keep asking me when I'm going to upgrade. I always answer, "when I can't be competitive with this car any more." So long as I can keep getting parts I can't see that happening any time soon.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by brent j
Where are people purchasing their swaybars from?

Were they a standard item on Worlds Edition car's... I have had a look on Amain for a XX4we sway bar kit and have not come across one.... Any help would be appreciated!
the rears are custom made using mounting clips on the rear bulkhead front side of the inner camber mount holes. as for wire I used Jesse Roberts set up.
.055" swaybar mounted further out on the arm (1.32" from inner hinge pin to stud hole)
if you choose to use the stock bar stud hole on the arm use something like a .077" size bar but it will want to pop out of the clips often and has a later engagement moment

heres a link to a pic. http://www.oople.com/forums/attachme...4&d=1195098727

hope this helps

Last edited by scr8pn4205; 12-22-2011 at 03:26 AM. Reason: added pic link
Old 12-22-2011, 03:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gogi108
cheers guys , yes on the clicker under brakes . i also had some clicking in some turning instances . i was listening real carefully and the car has alot of noises , all good .
Awesome Gopes that the xx4 showed up mate. Mine finally showed as well. We"ll have to hook up for some runs at chargers in the new year.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default xx4 info links

Here are a couple of links for the xx4/4WE manuals, setups sheets, addendums etc.. For the Noob's & Revitalized Veterans

Oople Build Review of xx4WE
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/reviewxx4/

PetitRC xx4WE Manual/Addendum/Setup Page
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/Se...oubleX4WE.html

Shocktower Braces: I use these, and I used thin CA to glue the rear brace pieces to the tower. My car has had some massive wrecks & been run over by SC4wd's a few times too, and I still have not broken either tower since I added braces.. I think Ellis sells braces too..
http://penguinrc.com/products/losi.html#xx

its a revolution, hahahaha!
Old 12-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Hey guys. I just ordered the penguin braces to. I already broke a rear tower on not such a bad landing. SO i hope the braces will help. But the 22 armson the front have made the front end bullet proof. And i am not using a pin brace up front.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

I used the pinguinrc carbon brace, they give a support to XX4 towers for sure, suggested.

I always believe in the XX4 platform, I was lucky to found one kit new in a box a couple of years ago in NY. Amazing car.

Driving the XX4 with belts and front motor, this car is on top of its game.

I've got a question, some people put a diagonal cut in the main belt cover across where the rear layshaft is. This enables to access the centre belt and spur gear more easily.
Any difference between this top deck changes and the normal one please?

Here attached my XX4:
Attached Thumbnails XX-4 Forum-immagine.jpg  
Old 12-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Hey, i have heard people doing this to make it easier to do belt service or pulleys, however it makes the chassis flex more. I have thought about doing this but not sure what i will lose by doing so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.