Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Word on a New AE 4WD buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well they have to pick someone to crap on, so you think it should be the consumer,ok I see your point, but they will not see my money anytime soon. Been wanting a 4wd buggy for over a year but have been waiting. You know the old saying any day now. The B6 is out so I will not buy a T5m until the T6 is out. Still running a 1st gen T4 but I will not get burned again. So do they really win, I'll pick up a used one if I really want cause I'll get it for 1/2 price but they still don't get a sale from me. Now if I knew there was a new release in say March I would hold up and wait and buy a new kit then, but if I see a deal on a used x-ray or something for a good price it lets me try out their competition and If I really like it I may not be back. A smart man once told me never let your customers try out your competitors because they may like it and never be your customer again.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Also Roar has nothing to do with the manufactures nor should they. They should just govern the racing the way it should be and show no favoritism. Nascar makes manufactures submit changes to them way in advance before they can be used on the track. Everything has to go through an approval process to be fair on the competition side. If anyone wants to see R/C racing make the next step these are things that should be looked at instead of wallet racing which is kinda of what we have now. Always have to have the latest and greatest with little or no warning to prepare.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by boborc
Well they have to pick someone to crap on, so you think it should be the consumer,ok I see your point, but they will not see my money anytime soon. Been wanting a 4wd buggy for over a year but have been waiting. You know the old saying any day now. The B6 is out so I will not buy a T5m until the T6 is out. Still running a 1st gen T4 but I will not get burned again. So do they really win, I'll pick up a used one if I really want cause I'll get it for 1/2 price but they still don't get a sale from me. Now if I knew there was a new release in say March I would hold up and wait and buy a new kit then, but if I see a deal on a used x-ray or something for a good price it lets me try out their competition and If I really like it I may not be back. A smart man once told me never let your customers try out your competitors because they may like it and never be your customer again.
If you're still running a first Gen T4 then you are not the kind of customer that matters to them anyway with regard to new kits. The T5 has been out for how long now? You want a governing body to tell manufacturers how to release their own products? That's freaking scary dude! As far as releasing a new kit before a big race, are you always in the top five of every race you enter? In other words, are you the kind of driver that will benefit from the small performance gain of the T6 over the T5? Everybody thinks they need the new car to win. You don't. You'd be winning already, the new car would simply increase the time between you and second place. Beyond that, and back to the topic, if you are not winning with your B44.3, which is still a world class car, you won't magically start winning with whatever they release. The only place that all of this really matters is at the top levels of competition. The stuff in the magazines basically. At club races up and down the East Coast you will find all kinds of cars on the podium, B4.1's, B44.2's...but in the hands of good drivers who tune them.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

The rules governing the chassis dimensions are very defined so outside of a unique prototype for a specific track condition, it is highly unlikely that a chassis maker could show up with something vastly superior to what is in production (what if I told you most racers would go just as fast with a rm car?). Not saying it's impossible, just that I've only seen it done with any success in the 30 years I've been participating. It's pretty rare.

In the case of motors and batteries, what you're suggesting is already in place.
Old 11-06-2016, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phantom56
If you're still running a first Gen T4 then you are not the kind of customer that matters to them anyway with regard to new kits. The T5 has been out for how long now? You want a governing body to tell manufacturers how to release their own products? That's freaking scary dude! As far as releasing a new kit before a big race, are you always in the top five of every race you enter? In other words, are you the kind of driver that will benefit from the small performance gain of the T6 over the T5? Everybody thinks they need the new car to win. You don't. You'd be winning already, the new car would simply increase the time between you and second place. Beyond that, and back to the topic, if you are not winning with your B44.3, which is still a world class car, you won't magically start winning with whatever they release. The only place that all of this really matters is at the top levels of competition. The stuff in the magazines basically. At club races up and down the East Coast you will find all kinds of cars on the podium, B4.1's, B44.2's...but in the hands of good drivers who tune them.
This man speaks the truth... I am winning and Tq'ing with the original XB4 '13 spec. I was waiting for the new AE car, but went with the XB4 '16 spec. The only reason I upgraded was parts support.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DustinEich
This man speaks the truth... I am winning and Tq'ing with the original XB4 '13 spec. I was waiting for the new AE car, but went with the XB4 '16 spec. The only reason I upgraded was parts support.
Exactly,as new models come out support goes to the new one's.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Phantom56
They can release their kits when ever they want just can't put them in a sanctioned race until they have gone thru the process, that's all. Right now it seems like they are in bed with each other.
As for the T4 I don't race it in a competition sense, just as a filler to fart around 2 or 3 times a year. Last year I ran it in a breakout oval class that you basically had to drive with half throttle but it was a blast. Like I said for fun. But the 1/10 scales trucks are coming back was dead for years around here, but I won't enter it right now for the above reasons. Also the B44.3 as nothing in coming with the newest gen 2wd (metric vs standard) shock parts etc. so when it goes it's gonna be dead real fast.
Oh and by the way I do spend 1 to 2 g's a year in this hobby, just do it wisely, so I'm sure if they don't want any of it some one will. Just about every year I update a class. Just not many AE's. Like I said Tekno has found me and I'm quite partial to Mugen and X-ray. See AE let me try something else. Also if the stores are going to get stuck with stock they should have some one else do their inventory management.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

For one I'am not a fan of this secrecy of new releases until the final minute. Maybe roar or somebody should do something not to let these new rides race in big races until they have been publicly available for so many month's and pass a approval so many weeks before hand so "the cat will be outta the bag" so to speak. This you won't be so nervous when you buy a kit hoping it won't be out dated in a week.
Originally Posted by Davidka
ROAR doesn't hold that kind of leverage over the manufacturers, nor should they. If they have dealers sitting on kits, those kits become worthless when the new kit releases. AE will release when they're ready and they don't owe anyone a tip.
There is a ROAR rules for ROAR events about stuff being availableto the public sort of thing. But it doesn't push to get possible kits released to keep people from getting all worked up waiting for a new kit...
Old 11-06-2016, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

Not going to name any specifics but if anyone happened to be in Vegas at 702 RC Raceway today....
Old 11-07-2016, 06:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Was there an Elvis sighting?
Old 11-07-2016, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

last line is interesting..... i bought a 22-4 2.0 for the start of the winter series to get me by until the new AE car. Figured when i sold it i could get more for a current tlr car than a used 44.3 that had just been replaced. After driving he 22-4 2.0 for two weeks i am not so sure i will sell it. Car drives amazing much better than the 44's in the past. AE will need something ground breaking to get me back. I may have a split pit for the long term, AE for 2wd and TLR for 4wd. Tried the TLR 2wd did not suit me at all.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

IF you bought a 44.3 used a year ago for $250 and its worth $150 when the new car comes out it cost you $100 bux to own it . Hardly what I would call getting burned . Your saving $8.33 a month to sit out a whole year and NOT race the class. Doesn't seem worth the sit out to me ... This hurts the industry more than manufacturers releasing new product. Same thing with the T5m scenario . If you don't go crazy on upgrades what's the most you can lose ? $100 ? , $125? Both are certainly reasonable numbers spend to run a class for a year .
Old 11-07-2016, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wittyname
IF you bought a 44.3 used a year ago for $250 and its worth $150 when the new car comes out it cost you $100 bux to own it . Hardly what I would call getting burned . Your saving $8.33 a month to sit out a whole year and NOT race the class. Doesn't seem worth the sit out to me ... This hurts the industry more than manufacturers releasing new product. Same thing with the T5m scenario . If you don't go crazy on upgrades what's the most you can lose ? $100 ? , $125? Both are certainly reasonable numbers spend to run a class for a year .
good point. plus 4x4 is too fun to sit out a year. get something run have fun
Old 11-07-2016, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

They can release their kits when ever they want just can't put them in a sanctioned race until they have gone thru the process, that's all.
ROAR is an antiquated concept, FYI.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LVNeptune
Not going to name any specifics but if anyone happened to be in Vegas at 702 RC Raceway today....
AE doing some testing on carpet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.