Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree42Likes

Team Losi's Baja Rey Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 09:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ptracer13
$450 is actually a great price for this machine, most decent bashers are all around that price point.
I can agree to that. Slash 4x4 rtr still sells well despite being a worse value. This truck is great right out if the box and is pretty tough. Weak servo/horn and bearings, lacks some adjustment points. All easy enough to address
Old 09-14-2016, 10:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
The only things that are actually deficient in the stock build are the undersized diff pinion bearings and plastic servo horn. Everything else works as intended. If you want a truck that jumps 20 feet and does a double-backflip before landing, that's a different issue.
I'm not too big on back flips, but 20ft jumps,of course. Hell, that's normal in "real" RC racing. So deficient in a few more areas for me than for you.

The sarcasm from you about the way I enjoy MY RCs is funny. You're in VA ,not too far from me. Have a lighted track w/driver's stand in my backyard and we have a lot of fun out there. It'd be nice to invite you down, but you'd probably have more fun driving around in the grass in my yard than on my ridiculous track with un-scale jumps.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:13 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DEADWright
I'm not too big on back flips, but 20ft jumps,of course. Hell, that's normal in "real" RC racing. So deficient in a few more areas for me than for you.

The sarcasm from you about the way I enjoy MY RCs is funny. You're in VA ,not too far from me. Have a lighted track w/driver's stand in my backyard and we have a lot of fun out there. It'd be nice to invite you down, but you'd probably have more fun driving around in the grass in my yard than on my ridiculous track with un-scale jumps.
I believe he was referring to 20 foot in height on distance. And after few years of reading his posts he'd probably like the track. Like the majority of us that have never run on a track.
There is a percentage of the hobby that if a vehicle can't do 20 foot high, 60 foot jumps with double back flips, then it's a bad vehicle.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After many years of that nonsense its just to hard on stuff unless you like replacing parts.
either way this truck is the best looking CORR out there yet..
Old 09-14-2016, 02:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by monsterbrad
After many years of that nonsense its just to hard on stuff unless you like replacing parts.
either way this truck is the best looking CORR out there yet..
Best looking trophy truck, desert truck. Corr trucks are more like sct. Personally I thinks it's the best basher out their.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
I believe he was referring to 20 foot in height....
There is a percentage of the hobby that if a vehicle can't do 20 foot high, 60 foot jumps with double back flips, then it's a bad vehicle.
Precisely.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Any new pictures?
the last ones on here were awesome
Old 09-15-2016, 11:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Yes,that's just dumb. But the BR breaks at far less abuse.

For info purposes,I'd put the BR on par with a Slash for durability. And I consider that pretty low.

For you guys having good luck with it,great. But because I'm not, doesn't mean I'm doing something wrong.

The Tekno SCT410 has been a game changer for me. Toughest RC I've ever owned.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For info purposes,I'd put the BR on par with a Slash for durability. And I consider that pretty low.

For you guys having good luck with it,great. But because I'm not, doesn't mean I'm doing something wrong.

I didn't realize you were having issues. I know how that goes. I've got the Arrma Nero. To most owners it's been a tank. Doing the above stated 60+ foot jumps, flying 15-20 feet off the ground. Mine had first failure in less then 4 minutes from a 4 foot drop. Doesn't make it a bad vehicle.
Durability is a tough thing to really judge. I've had good luck with vehicles that most would say are trouble, ERevo. And a nightmare with the SavageFlux.
Can't say anything about Tekno. Never seen anything from them. And really only chance would be if I bought one.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

That's quite sad to hear. The SCT410 is a bit of an "unfair" vehicle because it's basically a tweaked 1/8th race buggy which are meant to handle substantially more power than a typical SCT. Even on the buggy scene it's up there in toughness.

At least for me, having been a long Slash 4x4 owner and now using my Rey more often, I can say the Rey has been substantially better than my stock slash as far as handling a bash. My slash is no longer stock though, by a long shot, it's currently tougher than a stock Rey. But I can attest the Rey has handled my usual bash spots better than my slash despite similar abuse. The drive shafts, a-arms, shock caps, and C-hubs on my slash would blow constantly, not to mention outer hinge-pins unthreading all the time. They rey has shown no signs of stopping and I'm planning to get a motor swap as I want to run constant 3s for the run time and oomph

The losi page itself has hop-ups scheduled for November and there are third parties looking at things to try. Doubt it will get to Yeti levels, though
Old 09-16-2016, 05:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

The slash and Rey are not even on the same playing field, crazy you would evaluate the Rey so low. My Rey has been a dream come true in the world of RC! A real replica of a trophy truck, no bs adjustments on suspension, just load a battery and smash the throttle!!! what more could one ask for of a real dedicated basher/ off road racer. Itzerge the Rey is rated for a healthy diet of 3s and plenty of guys running nothing but 3s with the supplied pinion pushing 50+mph... Why is it you feel the need for more??? Than you push for more power, push the components outside their operating range, start breaking stuff or stuff starts failing because of the extra stress and then you will be complaint it's a pos because you decided to put a v8 in a v4 chassi that wasn't intended for the 8.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Check out Losi website for all their aftermarket products in the works for novembers release.

Last edited by ptracer13; 09-16-2016 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Again time will tell.
I hope Losi used better materials then Axial cause the Axial is great and durable but the plastic gets sloppy.
they all do this but my ARRMA Talion has 2 hard years on it and its just starting to get a little slop.
How many of you have had the bearing failures and at what point in the bashing?
You give and mechanical thing too much power and it gives out no matter what at some point.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ptracer13
Itzerge the Rey is rated for a healthy diet of 3s and plenty of guys running nothing but 3s with the supplied pinion pushing 50+mph... Why is it you feel the need for more??? Than you push for more power, push the components outside their operating range, start breaking stuff or stuff starts failing because of the extra stress and then you will be complaint it's a pos because you decided to put a v8 in a v4 chassi that wasn't intended for the 8.
I think you misunderstood me there. I'm putting in a 3400kv sensored motor to go with my sct-pro esc. It's a side grade for better responsiveness and efficiency. It will be fast enough for what I want out of it, and that's feeling like a bought a jimco truck that shrank in the wash. :O
Old 09-20-2016, 06:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ltzerge
I think you misunderstood me there. I'm putting in a 3400kv sensored motor to go with my sct-pro esc. It's a side grade for better responsiveness and efficiency. It will be fast enough for what I want out of it, and that's feeling like a bought a jimco truck that shrank in the wash. :O
Ahhhh got it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.