Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 06:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm thinking about changing to PT racing oils for my Tekno's and had a few question. I have been using Associated oils and was wondering if 7000 cst Associated feels the same as 7000 cst PT oils. Does one brand feel thicker than the other brand at the same cst rating? what about shock oil between PT and Associated? a bottle of Associated 30 wt says 350 cst. Does that match PT racing 350 cst?

According to the chart in the link below, associated 30 wt is 400 cst.

http://www.teknorc.com/tekno5/wp-con...ions_Chart.pdf

Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 12-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ruffdog1
I'm thinking about changing to PT racing oils for my Tekno's and had a few question. I have been using Associated oils and was wondering if 7000 cst Associated feels the same as 7000 cst PT oils. Does one brand feel thicker than the other brand at the same cst rating? what about shock oil between PT and Associated? a bottle of Associated 30 wt says 350 cst. Does that match PT racing 350 cst?

I might be wrong but I thought CST was a standard. Since WT is not, you could compare between the two. Also, Lucas oil makes AE fluid. If CST does have a standard... I would trust Lucas over PT and tekno.

Something else. I picked up my kit about a month and a half ago. My steering was a little off, so i was looking at it to figure out why. My ackerman, where the steering linkage bolts up. Its bent down, not a small slight bend but a considerable amount. The right side is more then the left. I can't believe it didn't break, can't believe it bent but can't believe it didn't break. Anyone else see this happen?
Old 12-03-2015, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dont Hack Me
I might be wrong but I thought CST was a standard. Since WT is not, you could compare between the two. Also, Lucas oil makes AE fluid. If CST does have a standard... I would trust Lucas over PT and tekno.

Something else. I picked up my kit about a month and a half ago. My steering was a little off, so i was looking at it to figure out why. My ackerman, where the steering linkage bolts up. Its bent down, not a small slight bend but a considerable amount. The right side is more then the left. I can't believe it didn't break, can't believe it bent but can't believe it didn't break. Anyone else see this happen?
I've been running AE for awhile cause it's made by lucas. Starting to switch over to PT due to the larger bottle size more than anything. AE size is fine for 1/10 but with the bigger Tekno shocks front and back it's easier to have the bigger bottle than dealing with the little ones.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motox984
What's the mod being done to the servo mount so I can install a Futaba S9352HV servo, it's to tight.
Just go slow, thread each screw only a couple turns at first. You'll have to work with some weird angles to screws to thread. Work your way around, tightening each one just a bit at a time. It's a ridiculously tight fit, but no mods are needed.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys, I just started building this buggy tonight and I have a question about the front and rear diffs.

When I put each diff in each respective case, the pinion doesn't really make the out drives spin very much. (They spin freely with no binding and very little noise) I can grab the out drives and spin them and then the pinion spins quickly. Is this normal? Is it just a ratio issue, and when I get the motor installed and put power to it, the wheels will spin as normal?

I recall seeing this in the thread but I don't recall the correct answer or not. I just want to fix it (if it's an issue) before I get it all together.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mizchief
I've been running AE for awhile cause it's made by lucas. Starting to switch over to PT due to the larger bottle size more than anything. AE size is fine for 1/10 but with the bigger Tekno shocks front and back it's easier to have the bigger bottle than dealing with the little ones.
+1 on that
Old 12-04-2015, 04:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jason07
Hey guys, I just started building this buggy tonight and I have a question about the front and rear diffs.

When I put each diff in each respective case, the pinion doesn't really make the out drives spin very much. (They spin freely with no binding and very little noise) I can grab the out drives and spin them and then the pinion spins quickly. Is this normal? Is it just a ratio issue, and when I get the motor installed and put power to it, the wheels will spin as normal?

I recall seeing this in the thread but I don't recall the correct answer or not. I just want to fix it (if it's an issue) before I get it all together.
Thats normal. I believe its a 4 to 1 ratio.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jason07

I'm in the middle of building mine too. Thought I was going to be further along but sometimes life gets in the way...lol. Anyway, I'm excited to see how the ebug performs. I have the trug, SCT and nitro bug. I like the first two. The nitro bug hasn't seen the track yet (been built since end of sept lol) so I can't comment on it. Previously, I drove the Serpent 811be 2.0. I love the snake, but I hope this one out performs it. The snake doesn't like it when the track gets rutted out. Maybe its just a shock and camber thing, but I have been looking at the ebug for a while and fig might as well give it a try.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mkl
Tekno did design a place for a switch. It is on the mud guard/radio tray. The top edge of the mud guard is not straight across, it has a small section that raises up slightly and has two support ribs molded into the plastic. The switch goes in-between the two ribs. Post #15558
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...l#post12632584
Having said that, I either cut off my switch or attach it to the side of the ESC.
Why do want the on side towards the front? On my SCT, I have it pointed towards the rear and I haven't had a problem yet.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by qstorm777
Why do want the on side towards the front? On my SCT, I have it pointed towards the rear and I haven't had a problem yet.
When off is facing the front of the car , a hard hit can turn the car off at a bad time.... I have had it happen , I have seen it happen , It does happen. especially as a switch wears some.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Motox984
What's the mod being done to the servo mount so I can install a Futaba S9352HV servo, it's to tight.
I use the same servo, just need to force it down the servo opening, the side wall might bulge a bit.

If I have anything to complain about Tekno cars, it would be their servo/battery tray. First the servo opening is too small for at least Futaba/Sanwa/Savox/Protech regular size servos. Then the ESC space also too small, could just fit the Tekin, Viper/Hobbywing are tight fit, forget Novak. The battery side the battery opening could be a bit wider, so as to allow two packs to be placed on their side, not stacked. Also, that place for the brake servo has to go (I never see anyone in my track uses mechanical brake on their EB/ET/SCT), could either fit the ESC there or give the battery opening even more spaces to push the batteries aft.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'm not sure on weather or not one is thicker or thinner. But I can say I've had several locals running what we thought was really close in AE to what was in my car (I run PT oil) and it was just not. Swapped out their oil for PT and there was certainly difference.

If your going to make the switch I'd use the cst comparison as a base line and then re tune and adjust with PT from there.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:15 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks for the info on installing a Futaba servo, I'm guessing you haven't had any problems with them since they are sitting in the mount so tight?
Old 12-04-2015, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cpt_RedBeard
I'm not sure on weather or not one is thicker or thinner. But I can say I've had several locals running what we thought was really close in AE to what was in my car (I run PT oil) and it was just not. Swapped out their oil for PT and there was certainly difference.

If your going to make the switch I'd use the cst comparison as a base line and then re tune and adjust with PT from there.
From what I've found, Associated diff oil definitely feels thicker than the PTRC oil. It's been awhile, but from what I can remember the difference is about 2k, so a 553 AE setup feels very close to a 775 PTRC fluid. This is more of a subjective thing though, I didn't really test a whole lot back to back as I tend to stick to one brand of fluid.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks to all who responded about the PT oils.

Has anybody used the AKA long wear tires? does a soft long wear tire feel the same as regular soft? If so, why would anybody buy AKA tires that are not long wear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.