Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2-shot
He guys, just wondering where everyone is mounting their on/off switch for the esc's? I read a couple posts, but wasn't sure where they were talking about.

Would this work?

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for your help!
that should work just fine. I like to mount my switches sideways but it's just a habit I guess. Someone just posted a pic of that same mounting location.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

He guys, just wondering where everyone is mounting their on/off switch for the esc's? I read a couple posts, but wasn't sure where they were talking about.

Would this work?

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for your help!
Mount the switch facing the other way, with the ON FORWARD. That way when you lawndart it doesn't shut off LOL (learned that from experience )
Old 10-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Would this work?

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for your help!
That is where I mount my switch but turn the switch around so the ON position is forward. When the truck lands on the nose it wont turn the truck off.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by FlatBusted
Mount the switch facing the other way, with the ON FORWARD. That way when you lawndart it doesn't shut off LOL (learned that from experience )
agreed. Mounting it to turn on sliding forward wouldn't hurt at all. I'd put it on the side of the case.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Just to reiterate what everyone already said, be sure to flip your switch around And that spot is where the switch was designed to go so I'd say your location is pretty good.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Awesome!!! Thanks guys!!!

It's not mounted yet. Just had is sitting there for the pic. I will definitely put the "on" side towards the front. I make enough rookie mistakes at the track, can't afford to be shutting my truck off on accident!!! LOL
Old 10-15-2013, 12:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii
Sounds good,
I was almost considering going back to a losi... Sounds like there is still hope withe more tuning or a BEC chassis.
You just haven't found the right setup yet. The Losi is alright but with the Tekno getting consistent laps is much easier.

Battery mods, BCE chassis. This truck really doesn't need any of that. Little bit stiffer rears, yes. One reason I switched is because of that.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:40 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmkalt
Thanks. Will try, in the following order:

1) Gear up

2) Softer rear spring

3) Slightly thicker oil
cool. Looking at the spring chart from Tekno here:

Personally as someone else mentioned your setup seems a bit stiff to me. If you have the springs to try, I would go with:

TKR6035 Pink 3.83lb front
TKR6033 Orange 2.75lb rear

Also, for your body do you have any nose holes cut out?
Old 10-15-2013, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
Personally as someone else mentioned your setup seems a bit stiff to me. If you have the springs to try, I would go with:

TKR6035 Pink 3.83lb front
TKR6033 Orange 2.75lb rear

Also, for your body do you have any nose holes cut out?
Will try a few springs, although I'm hoping I can fix it by increasing pinion first, as I'm thrilled with the way the truck otherwise handles and I don't really want to detract from that.

As to your question, yes, I have a ton of vents cut out, although I have also tried a fresh body with no holes. Problem seems to be unrelated to the body.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Would this work?

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for your help!
I like to put it on the side of the fan housing on the "RX8" label Then you also get the benefit of the shock absorbers for the ESC mount and tape. Also gets it a little higher and angles it inward making it harder to get snagged on something.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmkalt
Will try a few springs, although I'm hoping I can fix it by increasing pinion first, as I'm thrilled with the way the truck otherwise handles and I don't really want to detract from that.

As to your question, yes, I have a ton of vents cut out, although I have also tried a fresh body with no holes. Problem seems to be unrelated to the body.
true I can understand that for sure. Its that happy medium we all want to find.

I don't recally if you posted this, but when you take the jump, how are you using the throttle right before you leave the jump? Are you punching it on the face, or just leaving it pinned throughout the approach and face of the jump?
Old 10-15-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nanoverse
You just haven't found the right setup yet. The Losi is alright but with the Tekno getting consistent laps is much easier.

Battery mods, BCE chassis. This truck really doesn't need any of that. Little bit stiffer rears, yes. One reason I switched is because of that.
The 8 1.3 pistons really helped me to get the truck like I want it indoors haven't tried outdoors yet but a relative cheap tuning option.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm building this truck now, and I have the heavier servo saver spring should I set it at the 3.5mm like the kit says? And have you guys been using locktite on the servo saver nut like it says to do in the manual?
Old 10-15-2013, 10:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

im using tenshock sc401 4400kv, on my sct410, but thinking to change it to 550 motor, looking at tekin pro4 hd and hw 3656sd both have good review but heard tekin esc have bug and smoked some, so anyone have any recommend about these two brand?
Old 10-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Terence
im using tenshock sc401 4400kv, on my sct410, but thinking to change it to 550 motor, looking at tekin pro4 hd and hw 3656sd both have good review but heard tekin esc have bug and smoked some, so anyone have any recommend about these two brand?
If you're only club racing the HD is fine but if you plan on doing big races you'll need a standard 540 motor, IMO tekin= more money, great customer service and smoothness...hobbywing= cheap, good performance...any and all electronics can and will fail, some are just faulty and some caused by user error(which sometimes they won't own up to it)...either combo will do the job, oh and if you want the convenience of a program card rather then using Hotwire then hobbywing is for you although tekin will have an app eventually

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.