Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

To add to that, the Tenshock is a 550 can.
The HW is more like a 545 can, longer than a 540 but shorter than a 550. Which is why its not roar approved like the pro4 HD, only 540 four poles can be roar approved.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry in advance..

Could someone please give me in "common folk" terms the tuning guide for shocks? I know that's broad so here is the specifics.. Why piston change? what does it do? I have pink fronts and green rears with stock pistons I"m assuming what significant changes do you guys notice when changing out to the 8x1.4 and so on and so fourth.. so if someone can enlighten me it would great! lol.. I'm about to make a purchase but before I pulled the trigger just wanted to see what exactly it does for the truck/ride..
Old 10-15-2013, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wreckya
I'm building this truck now, and I have the heavier servo saver spring should I set it at the 3.5mm like the kit says? And have you guys been using locktite on the servo saver nut like it says to do in the manual?
I assembled my kit with the HD spring and set it per the manual but did not use locktight. Hasn't budged after multiple races and feels stiff enough to me. If I remember correctly there is an oring in the adjustment collar to hold it in place.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ArmySSG
Sorry in advance..

Could someone please give me in "common folk" terms the tuning guide for shocks? I know that's broad so here is the specifics.. Why piston change? what does it do? I have pink fronts and green rears with stock pistons I"m assuming what significant changes do you guys notice when changing out to the 8x1.4 and so on and so fourth.. so if someone can enlighten me it would great! lol.. I'm about to make a purchase but before I pulled the trigger just wanted to see what exactly it does for the truck/ride..
I've recently been experimenting/researching tuning and I find this link http://www.cenracing.com/race/setupguide.doc and competition x guide to be a simple explanation to tuning and what it all does
Old 10-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
I've recently been experimenting/researching tuning and I find this link http://www.cenracing.com/race/setupguide.doc and competition x guide to be a simple explanation to tuning and what it all does
that is awesome XRated SCT!
this can go on first page of any offroad forum!
Old 10-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by boudin4evr
that is awesome XRated SCT!
this can go on first page of any offroad forum!
That's a good guide, but I would really like to see something that takes it to the next step to explain why in physical terms that effect occurs.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mizchief
That's a good guide, but I would really like to see something that takes it to the next step to explain why in physical terms that effect occurs.
I know what you mean and I'm sure there's something out there, the reason I like this is because its a good simple guide to get someone started in learning tuning without overwhelming since there's already so much to learn about tuning, this weekend I'm really going to start using this guide 1 step at a time then work on combining things to see what they do together...I also found this and it seems legit so if anybody can confirm this is good info that would be cool http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5050
Old 10-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wreckya
I'm building this truck now, and I have the heavier servo saver spring should I set it at the 3.5mm like the kit says? And have you guys been using locktite on the servo saver nut like it says to do in the manual?
I set it so that there is just a little play when pulling by hand. Used locktite. It's more than 3.5 but don't have truck here now. Have to check tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

So is it a must have that I re-do my shocks and buy the 8x1.3 pistons, and should I get anything else for a rebuild?
Old 10-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

Took your advice and I went with the Greens all the way around and got out to the track today for some practice and man does it feel a million times better than the box set up for me. It responds much better in the corners and really soaks up the big landings. I'm runnin stock pistons & 30 up front and 25 out back. I know it sounds light but it works for me.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Here is another tuning guide that I like. http://jq-products.com/the-news/43-t.../160-the-guide
Old 10-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ArmySSG
So is it a must have that I re-do my shocks and buy the 8x1.3 pistons, and should I get anything else for a rebuild?
I love them in my truck, but depends what track you run.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Well, I finally broke something on my "new" truck (many months old).

The outer bearing on one of the front wheels was just totally DONE.
I noticed it being wobbly before throwing it on the track and thought I'd just replaced the wheels wrong and not tightened it down when I switched to my indoor stuff, but it was obviously a bearing issue. I was wrenching to get another car running, so I just ran it anyway for 2 rounds of qualifying before getting wrench time to it. The bearing only had the 2 collars left, but the truck was still perfectly fine. I tossed a new bearing in and away I went, good as new.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mizchief
Which part of it in physical terms? Roll center? I would guess camber, toe, pack, diff fluid weights are pretty understandable.
The biggest mystery in tuning is RC.

This is a great read and will probably take a few read through for it to sink in but this a great explanation of RC in physical terms, not just raise link does this longer link does that.
http://users.telenet.be/elvo/3/3.html

Last edited by fq06; 10-15-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nanoverse
I set it so that there is just a little play when pulling by hand. Used locktite. It's more than 3.5 but don't have truck here now. Have to check tomorrow.
Are you using the heavy duty spring? Or the one that came with the kit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.