Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
either way, we use the PTRC oils because that's what the rest of the team uses. It just makes it easier. I will say that my PT oils stay cleaner much longer.
Gotcha. Yea, I can see that. Thanks for the clarification. TLR and AE are WT based and while AE labels their bottles with CST close equivalents that's all they are.

I wish more (any) local hobby stores sold PTRC. I'd be a regular customer. However since I have to mail order everything anyway I ended up going with a non-PTRC brand but have been using mostly the same CSTs and have been happy. Cleaner, longer though? That seems attributable to shock rings and boots. But I digress - back to Tekno!
Old 08-11-2016, 09:52 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I like the PT Racing stuff, if I didn't have a bunch of AE diff oils here I would go with PT Racing stuff all across the board. Be nice if they offered the big bottles for the diff fluid too.

Hopefully they do another special for black friday.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
Hey Bob, why is this? CST is supposed to be an industry standard measure. It seems PTRC should remove their CST ratings if they really aren't using that scale, or perhaps adjust their ratings so that it aligns with their actual CST viscosity.
It think it's the opposite. PT is one of the only companies that claims to have reliability from batch to batch due to full certification/testing.

http://www.ptrcracing.com/Technical-Data.html

PT RC Racing is one of the most accurate and consistent silicone oils in the radio control industry, trusted and race proven by many pro drivers at the highest level of rc racing. Each and every one of our viscosity numbers are carefully made and certified. We are dedicated to manufacturing, distributing and retailing of shock and differential oils for the Remote Control Car Racing Industry and enthusiast.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RokleM
It think it's the opposite. PT is one of the only companies that claims to have reliability from batch to batch due to full certification/testing.

http://www.ptrcracing.com/Technical-Data.html

PT RC Racing is one of the most accurate and consistent silicone oils in the radio control industry, trusted and race proven by many pro drivers at the highest level of rc racing. Each and every one of our viscosity numbers are carefully made and certified. We are dedicated to manufacturing, distributing and retailing of shock and differential oils for the Remote Control Car Racing Industry and enthusiast.
I agree, that's what I thought. PTRC is the company that got me wanting to shift from WT to CST (specifically using PTRC, based on the consistency and accuracy). I think what was confusing (to me) is the way it was worded by saying 'PTRC is thinner than most others'. I think more accurately is the other oils don't have accurate CST ratings, and are usually thicker than quoted.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone use max wheelbase in the back? I run on a bumpy rutted track. May max out wheelbase in hopes of gaining stability and more steering. In theory it should help but everyone uses pretty much the standard 3/2 mm setup
Old 08-11-2016, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfueled
Anyone use max wheelbase in the back? I run on a bumpy rutted track. May max out wheelbase in hopes of gaining stability and more steering. In theory it should help but everyone uses pretty much the standard 3/2 mm setup
I tried it, but found it was less stable. Especially exiting corners.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Wow I wouldn't of expected that.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:29 PM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think that moving the wheels forward affects the dogbone angle helping with rough tracks. Also, moving the rear wheels forward will also allow more weight off the very back of the vehicle allowing for better traction. If you were only changing the wheelbase(by lengthen the chassis), then yes longer wheelbase might be better but when you only move the wheels it affects other aspects of the car.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkl
I think that moving the wheels forward affects the dogbone angle helping with rough tracks. Also, moving the rear wheels forward will also allow more weight off the very back of the vehicle allowing for better traction. If you were only changing the wheelbase(by lengthen the chassis), then yes longer wheelbase might be better but when you only move the wheels it affects other aspects of the car.
That's exactly what I was thinking after I tried it.
Old 08-13-2016, 04:43 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cain
Sounds like a 4S lipo in the 6500mah range balances the car well.
What C battery should I aim for with 1/8th? In SCT I have 70c's, but 4s are way expensive hah, so what's a good range to go with?
Old 08-13-2016, 05:05 AM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Look into SMC batteries. They have very good packs that not expensive and perform very well. $70 for a 6500 60c battery. Lots of guys that are way faster than me run them so I figure they are good enough for me.
I don't think you need as high c rating when you go up in cell count. It is be beneficial to have really high c rating in low cell count, high stress applications like SCT but not as necessary with higher cell counts.
Hope this helps.
Old 08-13-2016, 05:28 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by deceit
What C battery should I aim for with 1/8th? In SCT I have 70c's, but 4s are way expensive hah, so what's a good range to go with?
mkl's info is good. SMC and Promatch are brands I give a look for packs for a reasonable price. Promatch also offers a warranty on there packs as well.

For C rating I usually go 50C or above. But heck back in the old days when 1/8 E buggy first got started we were running helicopter motors with pretty high Kvs (3000kv or more were common to see people do on 4S) with 6000mah 20C backs and modified castle creations Mamba Max escs.

Ah the good ol days ...
Old 08-13-2016, 08:21 AM
Suspended

Thanks guys, I'll go look for some 50-60c's. Wish I could just link my 2s together haha. But I'm excited to jump into the ebuggy scene finally. Just hate buying all new stuff, but that's part of the game. Lol.

I was getting my batts off eBay, but didn't really see good deals on 4s.but on SMC's site I see the 6500 4s 60c for $70. Awesome! Even their 2s are priced well on their site.. 6500 2s 60c for $37... Nice

Last edited by deceit; 08-13-2016 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:19 AM
Tech Legend

Thanks guys, I'll go look for some 50-60c's. Wish I could just link my 2s together haha. But I'm excited to jump into the ebuggy scene finally. Just hate buying all new stuff, but that's part of the game. Lol.

I was getting my batts off eBay, but didn't really see good deals on 4s.but on SMC's site I see the 6500 4s 60c for $70. Awesome! Even their 2s are priced well on their site.. 6500 2s 60c for $37... Nice
yeah that have good prices and the packs do perform well. I usually do them or Promatch since they have a warranty and prices for some of there packs can be pretty close.

Promatchs 5200mah 4S I really like as its pretty light if thats your thing, though the Teknos balance better with the 6500s from what I am reading.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:22 PM
Tech Adept

FYI you can link your 2s batteries together but it raises the cg of your car aND I wouldn't recommend it. Also the rule of thumb to determine minimum c rating is esc amp rating devided by battery capacity devided by 1000. Ex: 210 amps (peak amps on rx8) / 6000 mah / 1000 = 35c.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.