For me, it was called

L2notcrash and

L2notclipthapipes

Funny how that works.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nc-hopsing
Funny how that works.
Speaking about funny, i was looking at Casper's RB5 last night and it was actually kinda comical how big the pinion was and how small the spur was.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CE28N
Speaking about funny, i was looking at Casper's RB5 last night and it was actually kinda comical how big the pinion was and how small the spur was.
Yup, only way to get those darn 17.5's geared right.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Key
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GO-RIDE.com
You could always unthread the lower shock eyelets 1mm or run the longer shock caps.
Extremely useful information for those who chose to run an SP
Old 08-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by GO-RIDE.com
Could be a two things:
1. Did you file down the inside turnbuckle caps on the steering rods. They hit the front diff case if you don't grind them as shown in the manual.
2. You may have the steering knuckles on the wrong side of the car. If you have them reversed the arm on the knuckle will hit the front a-arm preventing your car from turning.
Thanks for the help, I didnt have one side filed down enough and so I got a little bit more out of that but its still doesnt seem to be turning that well.

The knuckles are hitting the casters but I still cant make it around the turns that well, I have to go from the middle of the track all the way to the outsides on tight turns just to not fly off. There also seems like theres alot fo play on the inside wheel when im turning so that may have something to do with it.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motoxpro
Thanks for the help, I didnt have one side filed down enough and so I got a little bit more out of that but its still doesnt seem to be turning that well.

The knuckles are hitting the casters but I still cant make it around the turns that well, I have to go from the middle of the track all the way to the outsides on tight turns just to not fly off. There also seems like theres alot fo play on the inside wheel when im turning so that may have something to do with it.
Ok, so to double check:
1. The inside of the steering turnbuckle ball cup clears the diff case allows for full steering.
2. You have the knuckles (Parts 222 & 223, page 19 of SP manual) installed correctly. If these are flipped the car will still turn lock to lock with the suspension slightly compressed, but under power when the front unweights they will hit the A-arm and not turn.

If both of these are correct then I can only think of a few other areas to check.
1. What toe are you running on the front wheels? I run 0 degrees and have lots of turning, but some run toe out 1 or 2 degrees to get even more turning.
2. The steering end limits on your radio are not set to allow full turning. Check you radio owners manual for directions on setting the steering end points with your radio.
3. Your steering servo is bad.
4. The steering horn on your servo is too short and not allowing for enough steering. However, if you are using the kit provided horn it should not be a problem.

If I had to guess I'd say it is #2 from either my first or second list in this post.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Intersting. My SP turns like a mofo! Are you running the kit setup? The car does not have a ton of steering through (not like a 2wd) but there is plenty of steering setup in the car.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Motoxpro what oil, springs and ride height do you use on the front ?

Too high ride height will cause the problem you described, I have found that the drive shafts should be level and the front slightly lower than the rear.

Gids
Old 08-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gids
Motoxpro what oil, springs and ride height do you use on the front ?

Too high ride height will cause the problem you described, I have found that the drive shafts should be level and the front slightly lower than the rear.

Gids
Why would you want the front lower than the rear?
Old 08-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I always liked 4wd buggies raked forward a little. It tends to give the car more steering coming out of the corners by not transferring as much weight to the rear on acceleration and transferring more weight forward under braking for more turn in. I never ran the Kyosho car but on every other 4wd buggy (1/8 scale included) this was what I felt the car did.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

yay got my zx-5 up and running. Hit up weds. night practice at pegasus...

gotta say...this mamba 5700 system has some grunt, but damn do i gotta learn to control the throttle better. Im fine everywhere on the track but on the infield jump section (that step-down triple before the regular triple) i have issues with finessing the throttle correctly to double, go down the backside of the step-down, then clear the triple. I hear thats faster than triple-triple on that layout...

just need more practice :P
Old 08-08-2008, 05:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Older Lazer's

Below is a response I received from RC-Champ. I have read a ton of posts and was wondering if you could just this up for me. Is Kyosho going to stop making the SP? As you can see from the response they state that I can't by a SP conversion kit for my original Lazer. I am quite happy with my Lazer and am getting back in to RC after buying my Lazer when it first came out. Don’t want to go to saddle packs, and am wondering what my options are. Thanks for your help fellas.

Dear Mr Honjo,

Sorry sir, LAW35 have been discontaniue due to limited edition model.

For Lazer SP kit, This kit have been sold out at Kyosho for more than 2 month now sir.

Best regards
Masa
Old 08-08-2008, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

I just put a couple ZX-5 FS conversion kits on ebay is anybody is intrested...

Kyosho ZX-5 FS conversion kit

Kyosho ZX-5 FS conversion kit

I'll be posting a few FS replacement parts on ebay later tonight as well...
Old 08-08-2008, 07:38 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Krank
Below is a response I received from RC-Champ. I have read a ton of posts and was wondering if you could just this up for me. Is Kyosho going to stop making the SP? As you can see from the response they state that I can't by a SP conversion kit for my original Lazer. I am quite happy with my Lazer and am getting back in to RC after buying my Lazer when it first came out. Don’t want to go to saddle packs, and am wondering what my options are. Thanks for your help fellas.
The Lazer SP will be available as a full kit near the end of Aug.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The SP conversion was discontinued a while back. Kyosho America should have the full SP kits back in stock around the end of August.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.