R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Yokomo YZ-2 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/851573-yokomo-yz-2-a.html)

robbie_gtc 06-19-2017 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by zzztech (Post 14947810)
If anything they would do a 2wd SCT first. ST is dying except for major races, people prefers the casualness of SCT if they are going to race something with big wheels on a clubby. Not to mention the possibility of a non race spec RTR for bashers.

Sct is dead here. Thankfully, it has to be the most boring class to run and watch

Bob Barry 06-20-2017 11:15 AM

What are you guys using for outdoor dirt setups on the DTM? Petit only has indoor clay style setups

wyd 06-20-2017 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Barry (Post 14956972)
What are you guys using for outdoor dirt setups on the DTM? Petit only has indoor clay style setups

Hmmm is someone sporting a new 2wd.:lol:

Cain 06-20-2017 11:43 AM

I'll post what I am working with when I get a chance here. Our outdoor dirt is basically black dirt, step-pins are king here if you can find them when its watered. when it dries out if you stay in the line a proline blockade or jconcepts double dee works quite well.

Bob Barry 06-20-2017 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by wyd (Post 14956978)
Hmmm is someone sporting a new 2wd.:lol:

I've had a CA for a while. I'm converting it over to a DTM so I have something to play with on dirt and clay

Bob Barry 06-20-2017 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 14956995)
I'll post what I am working with when I get a chance here. Our outdoor dirt is basically black dirt, step-pins are king here if you can find them when its watered. when it dries out if you stay in the line a proline blockade or jconcepts double dee works quite well.

Ok cool. Thanks.

Norse 06-20-2017 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Barry (Post 14957023)
I've had a CA for a while. I'm converting it over to a DTM so I have something to play with on dirt and clay

Definetly agree with Cain on using Blockaids and our Double Dees on dried out true dirt tracks. The following older tire's also have also been working well Tazers, Raptors, and holeshots for racers at my local outdoor facility, thus again when the track dehydrates.

Bob Barry 06-20-2017 03:56 PM

Not worried on the tires. I'm good there. I just need the 'baseline' setup. I was gonna just look up the kit setup and start there but that's likely for a higher grip track than I will be on.

Cain 06-20-2017 06:50 PM

Okay this is what I got going on right now, basically took some tips from some of the YZ2 DT setups I had been seeing, please assume all DTM parts and stock setup locations unless otherwise noted:

FRONT
- Yellow Spring
- 400cst PT Racing Oil
- 2 x 1.6mm piston
- 1.0mm x 1 internal limiter
- Steering Rack 0mm top 2mm below
- 2mm shim front shock tower mount
- Shock on middle of tower
- shock on middle of arm

REAR
- Green spring
- 300cst PT Racing Oil
- 2 x 1.7mm piston
- 3.5 Toe
- RF Down for zero degree anti squat (daughter using 1 degree as I lost a pill, seems to work fine too)
- 3mm shim on rear tower
- Shocks on rear of tower
- Upper shock position out most hole on tower
- shock on outer position on arm

GENERAL
- Battery to the rear
- Shapeways JConcepts waterfall Or cut the stock one for more flex
- 20 grams on rear of vehicle like those add on weights you can get from yokomo. I rigged up some braces to hold the weights on in addition to the sticky tape
- 15 grams under they tranny

Right now the biggest thing I am looking for is actually a bit more onpower steering. The rear end actually feels pretty locked in enough that I was going to focus on tire and front setup changes.

Bob Barry 06-21-2017 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 14957332)
Okay this is what I got going on right now, basically took some tips from some of the YZ2 DT setups I had been seeing, please assume all DTM parts and stock setup locations unless otherwise noted:

FRONT
- Yellow Spring
- 400cst PT Racing Oil
- 2 x 1.6mm piston
- shock on middle of arm

REAR
- Green spring
- 300cst PT Racing Oil
- 2 x 1.7mm piston
- 3.5 Toe
- RF Down for zero degree anti squat (daughter using 1 degree as I lost a pill, seems to work fine too)
- 3mm shim on rear tower

GENERAL
- Battery to the rear
- 20 grams on rear of vehicle like those add on weights you can get from yokomo. I rigged up some braces to hold the weights on in addition to the sticky tape

Right now the biggest thing I am looking for is actually a bit more onpower steering. The rear end actually feels pretty locked in enough that I was going to focus on tire and front setup changes.

Is this with the 3 gear stand up or the lay down?

Bob Barry 06-21-2017 05:05 AM

And did you try the shocks on the front of the arms? Just curious

Cain 06-21-2017 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Barry (Post 14957532)
Is this with the 3 gear stand up or the lay down?

3 gear laydown, basically anything I didn't mention is still stock DTM, I wanted to try it in that configuration unless things were really bad then go to the standup.

Oh, I also use the factory RC battery brace, not sure how much diff that matters but figured to mention it.

Cain 06-21-2017 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Norse (Post 14957043)
Definetly agree with Cain on using Blockaids and our Double Dees on dried out true dirt tracks. The following older tire's also have also been working well Tazers, Raptors, and holeshots for racers at my local outdoor facility, thus again when the track dehydrates.

have you seen anyone use some Jconcepts 3ds? Got a set here I may try but wanted to get an idea first prior to gluing them up.

Randy_Pike 06-21-2017 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 14957332)

FRONT
- Yellow Spring
- 400cst PT Racing Oil
- 2 x 1.6mm piston
- shock on middle of arm

REAR
- Green spring
- 300cst PT Racing Oil
- 2 x 1.7mm piston
- 3.5 Toe
- 3mm shim on rear tower

GENERAL
- Battery to the rear

You shouldn't need to have the rear shock upper mount all the way out on the tower. This makes me wonder if you need to spring up one step in the rear. I'd give the Orange Yatabe a try, it's my go to rear spring. Also running the shocks on the front of the arms will help with rotation. As will going to 3.0 rear toe instead of the 3.5.

Norse 06-21-2017 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 14957600)
have you seen anyone use some Jconcepts 3ds? Got a set here I may try but wanted to get an idea first prior to gluing them up.

Actually not on buggy or wheeler but have seen a fella using on his SCT. Seen the oldies but g2g on low bite dirt being Goosebumps (green).