R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Yokomo YZ-2 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/851573-yokomo-yz-2-a.html)

Kkrazy 01-15-2018 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by the incubus (Post 15127938)
When it comes to Shimming I take the thinner type and bow them dramatically and then slip them on so the bowing faces away from the component because it places resistance on 2 points, and in this case, when you close the gear case onto it, it should apply even pressure to both sides and the diff can move slightly side to side without ever going too far. This also prevents binding you can encounter by shimming the traditional way.

I also use this technique on my steering systems so there is zero play and I never have a dead zone where the car can veer slightly to either direction. On my cars straight is straight.

Not sure if you guys can picture it but if enough people want I can put together a diagram later.

Like a wave washer/shim. Brilliant!

Arx112est 01-15-2018 07:05 AM

Hey ! Is it anybody running with B6 ball studs and cups ? I have pretty bad luck with yoko ones and have been breaking 3 of them and few bended ones -.-

hairymuffin 01-15-2018 08:36 AM

Yoke ball cups are good, especially the gray ones. If you crash hard enough, any of them will break or bend... Most pics I see guys are using the b5 cups. I like them just because of the look, performance wise, nothing gained

smrcboy 01-15-2018 08:53 AM

The Yok ball studs are very thinn and do easily bend, especially when using all the alloy stuff.
The ball cups are ok, especially the gray ones.
Asso ball studs are 1mm thicker and do not bend as quick.
I use the B5 ones only in the rear, in the front its not so necessary.

RobsRacin 01-15-2018 09:55 AM

So im kind of confused here...

What kit should I be buying for astro?

Before I just bought the CA and it was fantastic out of the box, but now that is discontinues with only dirt options left to buy? Really hate to buy a car and then spend money on parts to swap over to the CA in which they used to have

PorTX 01-15-2018 10:52 AM

Been trying to figure out the same thing and nobody seems to know what is coming. The only thing known is, everything is now discontinued or out of stock.

Kyosho Kid 01-15-2018 01:25 PM

the Ca has lots of similarities to the DTM as I can tell. except the rear hubs and a couple other things. the worlds edition is supposed to be released this month i believe. be patient...i wasn't lol. i bought a DT what had a lot of of DTM parts on it and I added some more but shortly there after the DTM went on sale :(
but i still got a good deal!

MOmo 01-15-2018 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 15127315)
anyone got some recent opinions on a yz2 based stadium truck with one of the conversions that are out there?

Sadly I still haven't got mine on the track, it is a conversion. (Thanks to Factory Works) Factory Works R/C Motorsports- Whats New

I'm hoping to get this rolling soon. I need to paint the body and get some tires mounted soon. Joe Pilars is the new Team Manager
(who happens to make his home here in Oregon), so I should be able to get some insight and have him drive the truck and get his feedback.

I also plan to pick the brain of Brad Borneill , another local Yoke fast guy and he also has an early truck conversion as well.

MOmo

Antimullet 01-15-2018 03:44 PM

I just got a used CA and it’s great for carpet.

Bob Barry 01-15-2018 03:45 PM

The DTM is used on all surfaces. You can tune it for everything. The Worlds Edition was a limited run car. My advice is to get the DTM and grab a few of the aluminum parts that guys run on carpet (bulkhead, bellcranks, ackerman, camber block). Grab the new worlds parts too once they are available.

mes 01-16-2018 09:37 AM

I'd not be surprised if new DT/CA versions were to arrive in February/March, just like previous years. While the limited Worlds kit was great for customers, such an item will not pay off for the manufacturer and hobbysjops in the long run as people will not buy many option parts.

sickpuppy1 01-16-2018 05:44 PM

YZ-2.1

dennisV 01-16-2018 11:21 PM

I guess they will release a new model with the updates from the worlds car. Just like they did with the B-Max2 MR.

I just get the updated parts and update my DTM :nod:

Cain 01-17-2018 06:46 AM

I am hopeful that if they do new versions that some of the nice aluminum parts make its way into the kits just from a perception of value type of deal.

mes 01-17-2018 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 15132206)
I am hopeful that if they do new versions that some of the nice aluminum parts make its way into the kits just from a perception of value type of deal.

Absolutely! When the DTM hit the shops, it felt like a bummer compared to the well-rounded packages of the previous YZ-2s. The YZ-4SF seems good value for the money, so there is hope!