Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Sad story:  Cheating rampant at big races... >

Sad story: Cheating rampant at big races...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sad story: Cheating rampant at big races...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Tech Legend

Not like a little tamper proof sticker is going to ruin the party, think everyone would enjoy.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
False

No body is cheating in mod..
Nobody ever ran a gyro? Somebody will always cheat.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by b_recliner
Nobody ever ran a gyro? Somebody will always cheat.
Ha Ha !

sorry , still can't buy driving skills.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

If the majority of racers want a controlled stock class the tracks will provide it. Gather your local racers and approach the track owners politely for their help in controlling the class. I am sure it's really that easy.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is it hard to picture a motor that the stator or rotor cannot be removed , but the bearings can ?
Old 08-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wittyname
Is it hard to picture a motor that the stator or rotor cannot be removed , but the bearings can ?
I bet it could be done.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by b_recliner
Nobody ever ran a gyro?
I had a gyro in New York once, it was quite tasty.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Ha Ha !

sorry , still can't buy driving skills.
.guess you haven't used all the "new" features of the high end radios. .and the gyros actually work..so does the traction control..you just have to figure how to use it..to me the point being racing is not fair..never will be and cheaters will always figure out how to cheat....when you run mod it takes the cheaters out of the equation..for the most..
Old 08-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Oasis
.guess you haven't used all the "new" features of the high end radios. .and the gyros actually work..so does the traction control..you just have to figure how to use it..to me the point being racing is not fair..never will be and cheaters will always figure out how to cheat....when you run mod it takes the cheaters out of the equation..for the most..

Not about stopping or catching cheaters.
We just need to restore the creditability & hopefully slow the speed down a little.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Questions??

Originally Posted by Oasis
Which brings me to my next question....what does roar say about avc on the spektrum radios?
Old 08-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by skater-deez1
Which brings me to my next question....what does roar say about avc on the spektrum radios?
Not allowed. A couple snips:

The use of traction control sensing devices, active suspension devices, and steering control devices aided by gyroscopes or accelerometers (G-force sensors) of any kind is strictly prohibited. Sensors may be used for the purpose of passive data recording but not for adjusting the performance of the vehicle while in motion.

No onboard traction control or other electronic aids are allowed, other than fail-safe systems.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dave H
Not allowed. A couple snips:

The use of traction control sensing devices, active suspension devices, and steering control devices aided by gyroscopes or accelerometers (G-force sensors) of any kind is strictly prohibited. Sensors may be used for the purpose of passive data recording but not for adjusting the performance of the vehicle while in motion.

No onboard traction control or other electronic aids are allowed, other than fail-safe systems.
Thanks Dave!!! That's what I thought but wasn't sure if they gave the ok to Spektrum!
Old 08-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
Inductance can be cheated with temp the easiest...there are other ways the manufacture can modify inductance readings on how they construct the motor. There is a reason you can't compare inductance readings between different types of motors....there are other ways to cheat it, but I am not going to post it on a public forum so a bunch of idiots can go try it.

Changing wire sizes doesn't work like you think.....besides, a tech guy is a failure if he can't visually spot the tampered with smaller wire.

Resistance is much harder to cheat, and much easier to spot attempts at it.

From what I am told the Instek GOM 801H is what ROAR uses to measure motors now. Its also what multiple of the Oval groups are using as well. Unless you are using it for tech or to sell motors, a bit overkill though. The MMS or Fantom units, or my soon to be released unit will be well within tolerances for the racers pit box...

Looking at the current list you posted, none of the recently approved motors have inductance listed....

Later EddieO

Thanks I will check out the 801H meter.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Cheating is soo lame I wish there was a way to police it. /:
Old 08-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by castellano93
Cheating is soo lame I wish there was a way to police it. /:
Better yet start a lifetime ban at sanctioned events. I'd bet cheating at major races would drop off significantly. On the local level where that would hurt the shop\track due to lost revenue not sure how much that would work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.