Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree108Likes

Xray XB8E thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ulch
If you're searching for more grip/control try the front and rear graphite shock towers. The car was working great before the change, but now I feel like I've got the best car at the track. I'm not the fastest guy but the car is really helping me compete.
I have the '15, carbon towers are stock and I never felt the urge to change them
Car was very good with the supersoft, very fast and stable, problem was the pilot's consistency...
Old 10-31-2016, 08:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Mike

Originally Posted by Ulch
If you're searching for more grip/control try the front and rear graphite shock towers. The car was working great before the change, but now I feel like I've got the best car at the track. I'm not the fastest guy but the car is really helping me compete. Anyone know when the truggy will be out? I hear it's based on the buggy platform and I want it.

The truggy will be probably 6-9 months if the decide to release. They are still working on it so no one really knows.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjeskind
The truggy will be probably 6-9 months if the decide to release. They are still working on it so no one really knows.
i bet it will be around June 2017 with the 2017 XB8
Old 11-01-2016, 12:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default dgrobe2112

The pistons you are running, are they plain flat AE 6x1.3 and Mugen 5x1.5 pistons? Or they VRP V2 Flats?
Old 11-01-2016, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

The pistons you are running, are they plain flat AE 6x1.3 and Mugen 5x1.5 pistons? Or they VRP V2 Flats?
im running the VRP flats - not the gamechangers but i think they're the v2, and i have the stiffer plates on them. why what's the significance?

i found the AE flats to have a very loose fit. the VRP's were snug and gave much less shaft wobble.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

they are the plain pistons.. i am not using VRP pistons..

one thing to note.. i did stiffen up the car some.. i am 650 front and rear now.. really helped the car under braking.. and landing.. sofar thats the only change i have made to my setup in some time that i have stuck with..
Old 11-01-2016, 02:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
they are the plain pistons.. i am not using VRP pistons..

one thing to note.. i did stiffen up the car some.. i am 650 front and rear now.. really helped the car under braking.. and landing.. sofar thats the only change i have made to my setup in some time that i have stuck with..
im running you're setup, except i switched the oils softer rear than front. seemed to work pretty well too
Old 11-02-2016, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I was running dgrobe2122 shock setup and wanted to tget some more pack, my track has big jumps with short landings, very unforgiving. I tried the imbue pistons and they gave me exactly what I wanted. Im running the 1.5x5 front 35-40 wt and the 6 hole (1.2x3 1.3x3) reat 35-40 wt. The car has been stellar for me super planted and stable. I'm still running his spring combo. I can drop the car from 24" and it wont bottom out yet it doesn't bounce around over the rough stuff.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
I was running dgrobe2122 shock setup and wanted to tget some more pack, my track has big jumps with short landings, very unforgiving. I tried the imbue pistons and they gave me exactly what I wanted. Im running the 1.5x5 front 35-40 wt and the 6 hole (1.2x3 1.3x3) reat 35-40 wt. The car has been stellar for me super planted and stable. I'm still running his spring combo. I can drop the car from 24" and it wont bottom out yet it doesn't bounce around over the rough stuff.
I run Imbue pistons as well, I had them in my 15 car and they work perfectly in the 16 as well. I do notice guys here are running setups to remove some steering.... Thats a huge disadvantage on our med to large tracks... If you can't turn on the pipe on or off power while pushing the car.....you will be getting lapped ...Getting in and out of corners fast at race pace is crucial around here and if your car doesn't have that initial turn in...., everybody will dive inside of you every time
Old 11-02-2016, 08:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Yodah
I run Imbue pistons as well, I had them in my 15 car and they work perfectly in the 16 as well. I do notice guys here are running setups to remove some steering.... Thats a huge disadvantage on our med to large tracks... If you can't turn on the pipe on or off power while pushing the car.....you will be getting lapped ...Getting in and out of corners fast at race pace is crucial around here and if your car doesn't have that initial turn in...., everybody will dive inside of you every time
are those imbue pistons worth it? what are the handling characteristics both pitfalls and benefits.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lyons238
are those imbue pistons worth it? what are the handling characteristics both pitfalls and benefits.
Well for me it was worth a try because I already had them...I get the pack I need and the rebound without the negative effect of the car being too stiff or too light everywhere else on the track. If I drop it from 24" chassis will slap. However when I race with big and small jumps car doesn't slap...I am running the V2 8 holes and using b/w losi 42 1/2 and 37 1/2 depending on track. I know they have the V3, which are suppose to be better.
I think people can get thrown off by relying mostly on a drop test....If my car doesn't slap on the table at certain heights, than its too stiff, and skips across the track surface instead of keeping the tires in contact with the track and soaking up the bumps
Old 11-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well for me it was worth a try because I already had them...I get the pack I need and the rebound without the negative effect of the car being too stiff or too light everywhere else on the track. If I drop it from 24" chassis will slap. However when I race with big and small jumps car doesn't slap...I am running the V2 8 holes and using b/w losi 42 1/2 and 37 1/2 depending on track. I know they have the V3, which are suppose to be better.
I think people can get thrown off by relying mostly on a drop test....If my car doesn't slap on the table at certain heights, than its too stiff, and skips across the track surface instead of keeping the tires in contact with the track and soaking up the bumps
yeah i agree - drop test only works so far - can't replicate forward momentum and vertical energy to horizontal energy transfer.

what is the point of the pistons being brass? as apposed to being a light material like a polymer or aluminum? I'd imagine for a smoother action? piston carries a bit more inertia and kind of takes longer to react so keeping the wheels on the ground longer instead of bouncing up and down?
Old 11-02-2016, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I actually try to get as much steering as possible. I'm running 4deg of anti squat/ 3 deg of toe.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lyons238
yeah i agree - drop test only works so far - can't replicate forward momentum and vertical energy to horizontal energy transfer.

what is the point of the pistons being brass? as apposed to being a light material like a polymer or aluminum? I'd imagine for a smoother action? piston carries a bit more inertia and kind of takes longer to react so keeping the wheels on the ground longer instead of bouncing up and down?
Exactly, they are heavier and therefore slowing down the action. Also allows running thinner weight oils. They do have rubber o-rings that fit around the pistons... standard is for a more snug fit inside vs the thinner o-rings
Old 11-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Exactly, they are heavier and therefore slowing down the action. Also allows running thinner weight oils. They do have rubber o-rings that fit around the pistons... standard is for a more snug fit inside vs the thinner o-rings
hmm i suppose i might try them - i have the VRP pistons not the gamechangers but i think the v2's - which are a more snug fit than the AE flat pistons but still have some wiggle room.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.