Wiki Posts
Search

Stadium Trucks :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RazzBarlow7
In my opinion, short course has wounded stadium truck and will ultimately kill it. (flame suit on)

Personally, I will not mourn the death of it. I've always thought they looked goofy and the newer "cab-forward" bodies are just hideous.
+1 Stadium Truck is just another class to keep me from going home at a decent hour on race night. Good riddance.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'm pretty much a buggy only guy but will always be a bigger fan of stadium trucks then the Shortbus trucks, to me they are way more fun to drive and race. Granted I own a shortbus but that been pretty much handed to the 5yo to run the rookie class.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:07 PM

I will always love ST. I have a vintage RC10T (updated, BL) six RC10GTs and a GT2.

I got into short course 4x4, and it was fun at first, but then I discovered 1/8 truggies. Now, I would rather run stadiums or buggies on indoor clay, the the 1/8 truggies make the 1/10 SCT look like a slow, clumsy toy on a big, loose outdoor track. And my SCT ain't weak; it's an Associated Prolite with a Hobbywing SC8WP esc pushing an Orion Vortex 2,000 KV 1/8 can on on 3S. Still not as capableas 1/8 on a big outdoor track, not smooth and nimble on the clay like the 2WD buggies and STs.

I guess you could say that I'm a former (brief) fan of SCT, but I will always be a stadium truck guy. And 1/8 buggy/truggy
Old 01-31-2014, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by egalsim
+1 Stadium Truck is just another class to keep me from going home at a decent hour on race night. Good riddance.
wow. thats pretty harsh. i dont care for 4wd sc but i would never wish it just go away. not everyone likes driving what you like

i like how your forced to drive clean with st. but i like 2wd sc too.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by VenturaDC
I'm pretty much a buggy only guy .
do you race it indoor and/or smaller tracks. start racing it on bigger 1/8 outdoor tracks and you see why so many ppl like ST over buggy down here. Buggy is fun but so freaking hard to get around the track with 1/2 the suspension and tire to absorb landings.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trick25
do you race it indoor and/or smaller tracks. start racing it on bigger 1/8 outdoor tracks and you see why so many ppl like ST over buggy down here. Buggy is fun but so freaking hard to get around the track with 1/2 the suspension and tire to absorb landings.
I am with you IMO
Old 01-31-2014, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trick25
Nope I race outdoors, buggy may be harder but they get around the track faster and require more skill to hang with the fast guys. You only need half the suspension when you hit the lines right. Ive been doing this for quite a while now so its not like ive never ran ST before, I still like ST alot tho and would race that over 4x4 ShortBus, that's a throttle happy hackfest I wouldn't miss at all
Old 01-31-2014, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

then more power too you. kudos on be able to tame it.

I don't mind till we get till the big jumps like croosovers and such on 1/8 scale track. combine that with them blowing out the track sometimes....

but I whole hardely agree with you. I have a 4wd sc race ready but I never race it cause of drivers that drive by braile.

but I just don't race it then. Ill let them have their fun.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

For those who likes buggies like myself. I gave Stadium truck a go and like it very much!

Especially here in Aus on our outdoor tracks, soaks up the bumps well, its got better grip and still very fast and agile with nice flat jumps unlike 2WD SCT
Old 01-31-2014, 08:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RazzBarlow7
In my opinion, short course has wounded stadium truck and will ultimately kill it. (flame suit on)
This has pretty much happened. The reason in my opinion is that ST was always just "goofy-buggy" and not really a different class of vehicle (I also think this is why IFMAR does not recognize the class). Aside from being easier to drive outdoors, it is a very similar driving experience to 2wd buggy, just wider and bigger tires.

SCT is very different to drive and the slower speeds and reaction make for a truly different driving experience. I think that's why it has displaced ST at most tracks. Also interesting is how much more expensive an SCT is to run ($45 bodies, more expensive tires that wear faster, etc.)
Old 01-31-2014, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
AE updated the T4 and TLR releaseed the 22t (rumor has it they're discontinuing it). Despite these two fresh trucks, popularity of the class doesn't seem to be coming back. 2wd buggy and SCT are as popular as ever.
This is dependent on region. Or maybe track? We run Master Truck 40+ age and trucks are pretty popular. Haven't ran 2wd SCT in like a year.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

I really think it comes down to the newer racer. When going to the track for the first time or even just going to the hobby shop to look around the SCT's look familiar to them, they usually walk out with a slash or a monster truck, the "realism" is a big draw for them aswell. Most newer racers at our track seem to end up in buggy once they drive one compared to their sct's tho.

I think ST was popular back in the day because young boys love trucks and that was the only option for trucks, while I'm not a fan of sct its not going anywhere as long as new blood keeps coming in to the sport, in which case I don't care what class they run as long as their getting into racing.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:36 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevmaro
This is dependent on region. Or maybe track? We run Master Truck 40+ age and trucks are pretty popular. Haven't ran 2wd SCT in like a year.
There are varying levels of popularity by region for sure, but if TLR is discontinuing a fairly new kit instead of updating it (which is also possible), then there aren't enough regions where it's thriving to support the continuation of the model/class for them. Being a leader in the industry that is a strong indication.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevmaro
I'm turning 41 in April. Wish our tracks had a 40+ class. I still hold my own and do well if I run mistake free, but these young bucks are just on a whole different level anymore. Still have 20/15 vision in both eyes, but my old ass reflexes aren't what they used to be . That being said, stadium truck has always been my favorite class and thankfully is still semi decent my way.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by King DORK
I'm turning 41 in April. Wish our tracks had a 40+ class. I still hold my own and do well if I run mistake free, but these young bucks are just on a whole different level anymore. Still have 20/15 vision in both eyes, but my old ass reflexes aren't what they used to be . That being said, stadium truck has always been my favorite class and thankfully is still semi decent my way.
Yea its cool for sure. There is a good crowd of old guys that run this class. My Dad likes Masters Truck. I am 31 so not quite old enough but if I decide to run a truck on a club night I get mixed in with those folks. Master Truck also hosted at the big events done at this track. Very cool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.