Search
Like Tree2Likes

Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nthunberg89
Am I the only one having a bad experience with Desoto Racing?
Always been good to me.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

did every one stop racing these, its like a ghost town in here lol
Old 04-07-2014, 04:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Anybody know when the gear diff and rear roll bar will be out
Old 04-07-2014, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

no, they are racing and not on the internet !
Old 04-07-2014, 05:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Been testing still. First big race of the outdoor season is Saturday. No need to post. Car is awesome
Old 04-07-2014, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mdoc
Nothing to report or complain about. It's straight up awesome. No need to spend $$$$ on FT parts and rear motor suspension components just to get it to handle right.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO
Nothing to report or complain about. It's straight up awesome. No need to spend $$$$ on FT parts and rear motor suspension components just to get it to handle right.

Saw this and had to comment. Ran mine 3 times an I did not finish top 3 last race due to some major hacker on the stand with me got me so upset had to just pull my car from the track animosity was too high lol. Some people forget there still toys and it's not the world's . But I've been following the b5nation on Facebook and it is just so funny how they are doing every possible thing to get the fatty b5m down in weight and I'm passing them like yeah its box stock haha. This buggy is sweet. No broken parts or chassis body still in good shape. I've went through a wing but other then that whew. Shaved 2 seconds off my lap average just by switching from a hopped up rb6. Just saying
Old 04-07-2014, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Is there someone that is willing to take over the first post and a moderator that could get that done? I just don't have time for 2wd and sold my Serpent. Sorry!!!
Old 04-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mdoc
I think what happened is a facebook group got started and this thread has become less used while the facebook group has been very active.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

at least we got a lil jump start here I just ran mine for the first time this weekend, Iv had a rm since dec that I really like, but the mid is a whole new world, if you don't have one, get one.....
Old 04-07-2014, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicky03
At least you were running your car, you are forgiven!
Whew, what a relief! I will see you at AMS though Chicky!

Ebuggy the next couple weekends, club race and prep for the following week as we begin the SOS Series down here in GA. Right now planning on running ebuggy and 2wd 10th buggy, but the big outdoor tracks, ebuggy is just where the fun is.

I have been taking both the RM and MM out to the track and getting a feel for the differences. The RM is 17.5 no boost, and MM is an 8.5 with very minor boost, so somewhat apples to oranges. The week before, and worse this week, the rear end just did not feel as stable as I would like it. Acceleration onto the sweeper and straight was fine, but on anything off camber or if I got on it too aggressive and it would want to overrotate. This also happened off power. I was at 1.5mm of shims under the rear inner camber link, went to 2.5 thinking roll center. This made it worse. Went the opposite and down to .5mm and it got a little better, so then swapped in the -0.75mm hexes that were on the RM. That was the ticket, the back end has all the confidence I could ask, but the car still rotates at will and turns in almost like my 12th scale. I just ordered another set of the narrow hexes as the RM car felt amazing all weekend. Best lap time dropped from 11.3 to 11.1 with the MM, and 12.8 to 11.3 in the RM (was just a tire change).

To those that have asked, the Serpent Spyder Facebook page is where all of the action is now, but these threads shouldn't die either as there is still lots of good info here. Those narrow rear hexes are quite nice though.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital

Ebuggy the next couple weekends, club race and prep for the following week as we begin the SOS Series down here in GA. Right now planning on running ebuggy and 2wd 10th buggy, but the big outdoor tracks, ebuggy is just where the fun is.

I have been taking both the RM and MM out to the track and getting a feel for the differences. The RM is 17.5 no boost, and MM is an 8.5 with very minor boost, so somewhat apples to oranges. The week before, and worse this week, the rear end just did not feel as stable as I would like it. Acceleration onto the sweeper and straight was fine, but on anything off camber or if I got on it too aggressive and it would want to overrotate. This also happened off power. I was at 1.5mm of shims under the rear inner camber link, went to 2.5 thinking roll center. This made it worse. Went the opposite and down to .5mm and it got a little better, so then swapped in the -0.75mm hexes that were on the RM. That was the ticket, the back end has all the confidence I could ask, but the car still rotates at will and turns in almost like my 12th scale. I just ordered another set of the narrow hexes as the RM car felt amazing all weekend. Best lap time dropped from 11.3 to 11.1 with the MM, and 12.8 to 11.3 in the RM (was just a tire change).

To those that have asked, the Serpent Spyder Facebook page is where all of the action is now, but these threads shouldn't die either as there is still lots of good info here. Those narrow rear hexes are quite nice though.
My only issue I have with the buggy is it liking to square up to quickly and oversteer. I am going to go back to box stock where it was a little on the lazy side. I seem to like lazy cars and not ones that steer like slot cars lol..... So yes out of the box it is awesome.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

so much great info has been exchanged on these threads, thanks to all that contribute
Old 04-08-2014, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital

What rear wheels are you running? I actually had better results going to the +.75mm hexes. I run almost all AKA wheels, which have a slightly different offset.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DsWright
What rear wheels are you running? I actually had better results going to the +.75mm hexes. I run almost all AKA wheels, which have a slightly different offset.
All Serpent wheels, though AKA Handlebars SS that had become slicks. I try to stick to the one wheel brand to keep the consistency when changing things like the hexes.

AKA I do not know how the offset compares to the Serpent wheels.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.