Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread >

Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 07:38 PM
  #1246  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (44)
 
FastPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orland Park IL
Posts: 5,311
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nthunberg89 View Post
Am I the only one having a bad experience with Desoto Racing?
Always been good to me.
FastPete is offline  
Old 04-07-2014, 04:16 AM
  #1247  
Tech Master
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: San Diego, Ca.
Posts: 1,027
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

did every one stop racing these, its like a ghost town in here lol
Mdoc is offline  
Old 04-07-2014, 04:24 AM
  #1248  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 47
Default

Anybody know when the gear diff and rear roll bar will be out
johnboy282012 is offline  
Old 04-07-2014, 04:25 AM
  #1249  
Tech Master
iTrader: (64)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Tacoma, Wa
Posts: 1,609
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

no, they are racing and not on the internet !
todb is offline  
Old 04-07-2014, 05:58 AM
  #1250  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (76)
 
tony montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Leonardtown Md.
Posts: 6,352
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Been testing still. First big race of the outdoor season is Saturday. No need to post. Car is awesome
tony montana is offline  
Old 04-07-2014, 06:40 AM
  #1251  
Tech Master
iTrader: (57)
 
BOLISARIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: S. Corona
Posts: 1,762
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mdoc View Post
did every one stop racing these, its like a ghost town in here lol
Nothing to report or complain about. It's straight up awesome. No need to spend $$$$ on FT parts and rear motor suspension components just to get it to handle right.
BOLISARIO is offline  
Old 04-07-2014, 07:16 AM
  #1252  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (111)
 
socal23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bakersfield CA
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO View Post
Nothing to report or complain about. It's straight up awesome. No need to spend $$$$ on FT parts and rear motor suspension components just to get it to handle right.

Saw this and had to comment. Ran mine 3 times an I did not finish top 3 last race due to some major hacker on the stand with me got me so upset had to just pull my car from the track animosity was too high lol. Some people forget there still toys and it's not the world's . But I've been following the b5nation on Facebook and it is just so funny how they are doing every possible thing to get the fatty b5m down in weight and I'm passing them like yeah its box stock haha. This buggy is sweet. No broken parts or chassis body still in good shape. I've went through a wing but other then that whew. Shaved 2 seconds off my lap average just by switching from a hopped up rb6. Just saying
socal23 is offline  
Old 04-07-2014, 07:38 AM
  #1253  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (549)
 
wrightcs77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Blaine, MN
Posts: 3,796
Trader Rating: 549 (100%+)
Default

Is there someone that is willing to take over the first post and a moderator that could get that done? I just don't have time for 2wd and sold my Serpent. Sorry!!!
wrightcs77 is offline  
Old 04-07-2014, 10:32 AM
  #1254  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
jkirkwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,241
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mdoc View Post
did every one stop racing these, its like a ghost town in here lol
I think what happened is a facebook group got started and this thread has become less used while the facebook group has been very active.
jkirkwood is offline  
Old 04-07-2014, 10:47 AM
  #1255  
Tech Master
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: San Diego, Ca.
Posts: 1,027
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

at least we got a lil jump start here I just ran mine for the first time this weekend, Iv had a rm since dec that I really like, but the mid is a whole new world, if you don't have one, get one.....
Mdoc is offline  
Old 04-07-2014, 01:13 PM
  #1256  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (61)
 
orcadigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 2,181
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
At least you were running your car, you are forgiven!
Whew, what a relief! I will see you at AMS though Chicky!

Ebuggy the next couple weekends, club race and prep for the following week as we begin the SOS Series down here in GA. Right now planning on running ebuggy and 2wd 10th buggy, but the big outdoor tracks, ebuggy is just where the fun is.

I have been taking both the RM and MM out to the track and getting a feel for the differences. The RM is 17.5 no boost, and MM is an 8.5 with very minor boost, so somewhat apples to oranges. The week before, and worse this week, the rear end just did not feel as stable as I would like it. Acceleration onto the sweeper and straight was fine, but on anything off camber or if I got on it too aggressive and it would want to overrotate. This also happened off power. I was at 1.5mm of shims under the rear inner camber link, went to 2.5 thinking roll center. This made it worse. Went the opposite and down to .5mm and it got a little better, so then swapped in the -0.75mm hexes that were on the RM. That was the ticket, the back end has all the confidence I could ask, but the car still rotates at will and turns in almost like my 12th scale. I just ordered another set of the narrow hexes as the RM car felt amazing all weekend. Best lap time dropped from 11.3 to 11.1 with the MM, and 12.8 to 11.3 in the RM (was just a tire change).

To those that have asked, the Serpent Spyder Facebook page is where all of the action is now, but these threads shouldn't die either as there is still lots of good info here. Those narrow rear hexes are quite nice though.
orcadigital is offline  
Old 04-07-2014, 01:43 PM
  #1257  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (164)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 4,538
Trader Rating: 164 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by orcadigital View Post
Whew, what a relief! I will see you at AMS though Chicky!

Ebuggy the next couple weekends, club race and prep for the following week as we begin the SOS Series down here in GA. Right now planning on running ebuggy and 2wd 10th buggy, but the big outdoor tracks, ebuggy is just where the fun is.

I have been taking both the RM and MM out to the track and getting a feel for the differences. The RM is 17.5 no boost, and MM is an 8.5 with very minor boost, so somewhat apples to oranges. The week before, and worse this week, the rear end just did not feel as stable as I would like it. Acceleration onto the sweeper and straight was fine, but on anything off camber or if I got on it too aggressive and it would want to overrotate. This also happened off power. I was at 1.5mm of shims under the rear inner camber link, went to 2.5 thinking roll center. This made it worse. Went the opposite and down to .5mm and it got a little better, so then swapped in the -0.75mm hexes that were on the RM. That was the ticket, the back end has all the confidence I could ask, but the car still rotates at will and turns in almost like my 12th scale. I just ordered another set of the narrow hexes as the RM car felt amazing all weekend. Best lap time dropped from 11.3 to 11.1 with the MM, and 12.8 to 11.3 in the RM (was just a tire change).

To those that have asked, the Serpent Spyder Facebook page is where all of the action is now, but these threads shouldn't die either as there is still lots of good info here. Those narrow rear hexes are quite nice though.
My only issue I have with the buggy is it liking to square up to quickly and oversteer. I am going to go back to box stock where it was a little on the lazy side. I seem to like lazy cars and not ones that steer like slot cars lol..... So yes out of the box it is awesome.
jpcopeland1 is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 09:33 AM
  #1258  
Tech Master
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: San Diego, Ca.
Posts: 1,027
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

so much great info has been exchanged on these threads, thanks to all that contribute
Mdoc is offline  
Old 04-08-2014, 09:47 AM
  #1259  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 569
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by orcadigital View Post
Whew, what a relief! I will see you at AMS though Chicky!

Ebuggy the next couple weekends, club race and prep for the following week as we begin the SOS Series down here in GA. Right now planning on running ebuggy and 2wd 10th buggy, but the big outdoor tracks, ebuggy is just where the fun is.

I have been taking both the RM and MM out to the track and getting a feel for the differences. The RM is 17.5 no boost, and MM is an 8.5 with very minor boost, so somewhat apples to oranges. The week before, and worse this week, the rear end just did not feel as stable as I would like it. Acceleration onto the sweeper and straight was fine, but on anything off camber or if I got on it too aggressive and it would want to overrotate. This also happened off power. I was at 1.5mm of shims under the rear inner camber link, went to 2.5 thinking roll center. This made it worse. Went the opposite and down to .5mm and it got a little better, so then swapped in the -0.75mm hexes that were on the RM. That was the ticket, the back end has all the confidence I could ask, but the car still rotates at will and turns in almost like my 12th scale. I just ordered another set of the narrow hexes as the RM car felt amazing all weekend. Best lap time dropped from 11.3 to 11.1 with the MM, and 12.8 to 11.3 in the RM (was just a tire change).

To those that have asked, the Serpent Spyder Facebook page is where all of the action is now, but these threads shouldn't die either as there is still lots of good info here. Those narrow rear hexes are quite nice though.
What rear wheels are you running? I actually had better results going to the +.75mm hexes. I run almost all AKA wheels, which have a slightly different offset.
DsWright is offline  
Old 04-09-2014, 07:24 AM
  #1260  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (61)
 
orcadigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 2,181
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DsWright View Post
What rear wheels are you running? I actually had better results going to the +.75mm hexes. I run almost all AKA wheels, which have a slightly different offset.
All Serpent wheels, though AKA Handlebars SS that had become slicks. I try to stick to the one wheel brand to keep the consistency when changing things like the hexes.

AKA I do not know how the offset compares to the Serpent wheels.
orcadigital is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.