Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i would think if you just got a new kit, that it would have all the updated parts including the chassis? I just ordered one from desoto and now I am a little worried that it wont have the updated chassis and parts.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dynastorm
i would think if you just got a new kit, that it would have all the updated parts including the chassis? I just ordered one from desoto and now I am a little worried that it wont have the updated chassis and parts.
You'll have the new parts. If you buy it from a place that had it sitting on the shelf, then you might not. Although quite a few of us have broken it, there's more that haven't. Don't let this break your confidence. It's an awesome platform and Serpent CS is top notch at taking care of the issue.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shagino
You'll have the new parts. If you buy it from a place that had it sitting on the shelf, then you might not. Although quite a few of us have broken it, there's more that haven't. Don't let this break your confidence. It's an awesome platform and Serpent CS is top notch at taking care of the issue.
+1 and just to clarify our kits are fresh.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastPete
+1 and just to clarify our kits are fresh.
I will be placing a order for the updated chassis just in case I run mod. I try and support the local hobby shops and bought 2 kits in the last month. I would of thought it would of had the updated stuff in it. I set it up for stock so I have had good luck with the oringinal. But it would of been nice to have the stronger chassis from the start like EasyE said
Old 10-12-2014, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Miller2
I will be placing a order for the updated chassis just in case I run mod. I try and support the local hobby shops and bought 2 kits in the last month. I would of thought it would of had the updated stuff in it. I set it up for stock so I have had good luck with the oringinal. But it would of been nice to have the stronger chassis from the start like EasyE said
You might as well get the updated top plate too if your gonna order the chassis.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Miller2
I'm a bit surprised by this. I thought LHR had the latest versions in stock. LHR stocks the chassis so I'm not sure You need to order one. I broke 2 in stock but I'm a bit rougher of a driver than you are
Old 10-13-2014, 06:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300
You might as well get the updated top plate too if your gonna order the chassis.
Besides the chassis and top plate, what other parts haver been updated?
Old 10-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Vinny Cancilla
Besides the chassis and top plate, what other parts haver been updated?
Thats all there was an issue with. Now the car is bullet proof.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

i thought the ballcup material was changed also. I cant recall.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just ordered my mm today. I struggled with the decision between serpent and losi. I feel like the losi comes with some good parts ie coated shafts, machined shock parts but the serpent has all adjustability you could need in the box. I couldn't see paying $13-15 for a rear toe change. Adventure RC here we come.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by putterx
Just ordered my mm today. I struggled with the decision between serpent and losi. I feel like the losi comes with some good parts ie coated shafts, machined shock parts but the serpent has all adjustability you could need in the box. I couldn't see paying $13-15 for a rear toe change. Adventure RC here we come.
You made a good choice. I came from the 22 2.0 and I won't bash it, it's a great car. But the serpent to me is more planted with more steering and rear traction. And it really needs nothing out of the box. My setup is very close to stock except a piston change and springs and oils. And we are all here to help you with anything
Old 10-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shagino
I ordered my kit from Desoto racing so I would assume it will be the updated kit.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)
Default shocks binding on kit build

almost through the build and hit a major snag. The rear shocks bind really bad having the shaft and piston built. I removed the small mold on the pistons but it didnt help.

anyone else have this problem? I hope i didnt make a mistake going for the serpent because with bound up shocks its basically junk

Please help!!
Old 10-13-2014, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TJames987
almost through the build and hit a major snag. The rear shocks bind really bad having the shaft and piston built. I removed the small mold on the pistons but it didnt help.

anyone else have this problem? I hope i didnt make a mistake going for the serpent because with bound up shocks its basically junk

Please help!!
The lower shock cap can have too small of a diameter. Ream the hole slowly ( maybe with a body reamer?).
Old 10-13-2014, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TJames987

Please help!!
Take a reamer and open the hole on the bottom cap a little. That should free them up. I do this on all my builds. These shocks are really good. Do you think we would all be run this buggy if it was junk? No worries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.