Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 06:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Miller can Testify that I just got my kit last week. Was disappointed to find out I didn't have the updated chassis and top plate.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shagino
I'm a bit surprised by this. I thought LHR had the latest versions in stock. LHR stocks the chassis so I'm not sure You need to order one. I broke 2 in stock but I'm a bit rougher of a driver than you are
Yes bought the last 2 at the track both with the oringinal. Chassis. EasyE and I are just disappointed they didn't send out the upgraded parts to the hobby shops that bought them. I remember durango sending all the shops the upgraded type B chassis motor guard when they found out it was a issue.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I just did a Stadium truck build and used a 3mm chassis because I had a new one that I never used. That's how much confidence i have in it. I've had some crazy wrecks with my buggy and it's still running strong on the 3mm chassis. Be sure not to over tighten the bottom screws on the front and you should have no problems. If by chance you do have one break then Serpent will take care of it.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Which shock orings are working the best in the srx2 mid. Still Smooth and not leaking.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by rider313
i thought the ballcup material was changed also. I cant recall.
It was but I am not sure how long ago My newer RM car had better ballcups than my older MM.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vinny Cancilla
Which shock orings are working the best in the srx2 mid. Still Smooth and not leaking.
Associated x-rings, Kyosho x-rings or the Traxxas x-rings all will work well. Kyosho's are the most expensive with the Traxxas being the least expensive.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ruffy
Associated x-rings, Kyosho x-rings or the Traxxas x-rings all will work well. Kyosho's are the most expensive with the Traxxas being the least expensive.
I cant find the traxxas shock X rings. Do you have a part number?
Old 10-14-2014, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vinny Cancilla
I cant find the traxxas shock X rings. Do you have a part number?
TRA2362
Old 10-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by slakr
TRA2362
Thanks!
Old 10-16-2014, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)
Default defective shock pistons

Ok after a couple more hours with the shocks I finally figured out that it not only is the endcap as others suggested, but also some of the Pistons were bad and had to keep trying different ones in the kit until it had smooth action rather than scraping on the shock body.

Never had this much trouble building shocks before , hopefully this painstaking process will be worth it once I hit the track

Am i really the only one who had this issue?

Originally Posted by wrightcs77
The lower shock cap can have too small of a diameter. Ream the hole slowly ( maybe with a body reamer?).
Old 10-16-2014, 04:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Stadium Truck

Originally Posted by elex300
I just did a Stadium truck build and used a 3mm chassis because I had a new one that I never used. That's how much confidence i have in it. I've had some crazy wrecks with my buggy and it's still running strong on the 3mm chassis. Be sure not to over tighten the bottom screws on the front and you should have no problems. If by chance you do have one break then Serpent will take care of it.
Details please...! want to build my 2nd buggy into a ST!!!!
Old 10-16-2014, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TJames987
Ok after a couple more hours with the shocks I finally figured out that it not only is the endcap as others suggested, but also some of the Pistons were bad and had to keep trying different ones in the kit until it had smooth action rather than scraping on the shock body.

Never had this much trouble building shocks before , hopefully this painstaking process will be worth it once I hit the track

People on FB Spyder Group page said they take and sand the piston where it has the mold release, that is the only thing I have heard about? Buggy is great, I am not sponsored by them and LOVE the cars, both RM and MM.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

If your gonna be at mimis Saturday come find me and I will see what's going on. I have tons of shock pistons and we will get it straight.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Since I have a HB D413, I tried some of the HB pistons in my Spyder shocks. 1.3x4 is the hot setup at my local track, so I used the HB 1.3x4 pistons. All I had to do was drill the center hole out to about 2.4mm to fit the Serpent shafts. Since the HB pistons, even though they are molded, have no flashing to clean up, they drop right in and are nice and smooth. I had been running the Serpent 4 hole tapered machined pistons, drilled out to 1.3, but I think I like flat pistons better.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Sorry to hear about the issues. I have a undiagnosed case of OCD, so if I ever use piston off a parts "tree" I make sure they are clean and flashing free. Even my Kyosho and especially Durango pistons have it, and they cause a lot of hate and discontent for me during the build. I usually try and avoid the kit pistons if they are like this, otherwise lightly sand them until they are smooth. I have never owned a kit with shocks (or ball diff) that are trouble free, smooth and painless to build right out of the box (did I mention the OCD already). Kyosho shocks IMO are the closest to perfect, but even they have some issues. I am currently using "rocket pistons" but I do have the Serpent tapered ones here to try if I ever get the track time..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.