Old 07-20-2014, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fifi
Vidéos off euros 2014 on
www.neobuggy.net

Not astro, hard pack dirt slippery
They were running 22.0 rear hub
Don't want to sound too negative, but the best finish I see is 10th. I would pay more attention to what Dakotah Phend and Ryan Maifield are doing than that particular race since it was on clay. The Dakotah Reedy setup, with a couple of my personal mods to it is pure magic for me at my track. I hope I spelled their names correctly...

Old 07-20-2014, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Everyone runs a different setup on their car. If you were to look at how I have my 22-4 setup you would think I am crazy but my car works for ME and it's pretty fast!
Old 07-20-2014, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

I don t say it s a must on your car.
I just put an information for drivers
who want to explore or try.
Phend wasn t driving with shorty,
Ryan runs them.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ellis is known for trying lots of different things for performance. And has a tons of experience on the previous xx4 platform.. So if he runs a certain setup, there is a solid reason for it.

I don't really know what big UK drivers TLR still has on board since the shakeup, other than Ellis.

Didn't Evans & Truhe go run EOS before? I remember Evans running it.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

The Euros track was pretty low grip and the spec barcodes V2 tire wasn´t probably the best choice for the surface. With the shorty the 22-4 was a lot better through the crucial front double-double where you had to land the car and point it to the next double in really short space with really slick surface. With the shorty you could point it much more faster and precice for the second double as the car reacted better. It also just felt better everywhere.

For the shocks in front of rear arms, it made the car feel more nimble and on low grip surface the car didn´t want to over rotate as much when throwing it on the tight hairpins. Turning the arms around makes the car around 2mm shorter with rear hub in the center position and we even ran it as short as possible to have the car turn better in some parts of the track. Other teams were also running pretty short cars so it seemed to work on that track.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The only thing my car is missing at this point is low speed on power steering.... I'm hoping the 10deg caster blocks will help....
Old 07-21-2014, 07:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stilo
The Euros track was pretty low grip and the spec barcodes V2 tire wasn´t probably the best choice for the surface. With the shorty the 22-4 was a lot better through the crucial front double-double where you had to land the car and point it to the next double in really short space with really slick surface. With the shorty you could point it much more faster and precice for the second double as the car reacted better. It also just felt better everywhere.

For the shocks in front of rear arms, it made the car feel more nimble and on low grip surface the car didn´t want to over rotate as much when throwing it on the tight hairpins. Turning the arms around makes the car around 2mm shorter with rear hub in the center position and we even ran it as short as possible to have the car turn better in some parts of the track. Other teams were also running pretty short cars so it seemed to work on that track.
thanks!! very cool info
Old 07-21-2014, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

I'm excited to build mine soon! Is there any building tips to look out for?
Old 07-21-2014, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by symmetricon
The only thing my car is missing at this point is low speed on power steering.... I'm hoping the 10deg caster blocks will help....
The 10 degree blocks added low speed steering throughout the corners at our local indoor track. It is medium/low grip with tight 180/90's.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by drepus
The 10 degree blocks added low speed steering throughout the corners at our local indoor track. It is medium/low grip with tight 180/90's.
Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to hear!
Old 07-22-2014, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stilo

There a setup available from that race?
Old 07-22-2014, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

setup euro 2014

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/se...org2014071419/
Old 07-22-2014, 09:49 PM
Tech Rookie

this euro setup looks good.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

I have just a couple of quick questions as I'm doing my build. I'm assuming the drive train will free up while running the car, belts will loosen a bit & bearings will seat, I just wanted to ask if everyone's drive train was tight upon just building the car? Also, just to clarify, the diff screws are on the left side of the car right? Thanks for the help!
Old 07-23-2014, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BLbound
I have just a couple of quick questions as I'm doing my build. I'm assuming the drive train will free up while running the car, belts will loosen a bit & bearings will seat, I just wanted to ask if everyone's drive train was tight upon just building the car? Also, just to clarify, the diff screws are on the left side of the car right? Thanks for the help!
The belts will break in and the drive-train will become freer and yes mine was tight, diff screw head on the left.... fyi, i have not had to adjust the belt tension either.... id did find that the stock slipper setting is a little too tight....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.