Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree28Likes

TLR 22-4 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 02:46 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by uclabruins89
changing the front camber link from 4 to 1 gave me more responsive and consistent steering just a fyi for those looking for a change.
Really? Usually moving the inner link up will make the car less twitchy and take some steering away.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uclabruins89
changing the front camber link from 4 to 1 gave me more responsive and consistent steering just a fyi for those looking for a change.
Whats your shimming of the caster block ball-stud?
Old 05-29-2014, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
Really? Usually moving the inner link up will make the car less twitchy and take some steering away.
you're right, def made it less twitchy and it made the car more consistent overall. But def was more responsive to what i wanted it to do. Heres what hudy says about inner front camber link:

Upper holes (lower roll center)
• Increases steering into corner
• Car is more responsive
Lower holes (higher roll center)
• Decreases steering into corner
• Car is less responsive
• Use in high-grip conditions
Old 05-30-2014, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hinge pin kits came in today...the front inners are now threaded!!
Old 05-30-2014, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Beau S
Whats your shimming of the caster block ball-stud?
i believe 2mm
Old 05-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Just recently got back into the hobby after being out of it since 2002. Bought a 22 2.0 and love it. Decided to get another car to run more and got the 22-4. Took it out for practice last night for the first time. All I can say is WOW. So much fun, so easy to drive and drive fast. Can't can't can't wait to run it in a race. Can't believe more people 4 wheel buggy isn't a more popular class.
Crashed a bunch of times and she held up like a champ. Though I did break a right front arm. But that was due to the spindle screw backing out, no hinge pin problem here.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

thanks tlr for the care package today!!! I got some new UPDATED hinge pins!
Old 05-31-2014, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Front pivots in stock @ horizon hobbies
Old 05-31-2014, 02:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

@Jason_Minich:

I also took mine out for the first time yesterday afternoon, put a full 5800 pack through it and broke nothing! Eveybody I've spoken to has said 'you'll break something on your first outing', I don't see what the fuss is about. My local track has a drop-off adjacent to some jumps, so if you get the jumps wrong you smack straight into the wall of the drop-off... I did it twice!?!

Awesome bit of kit, little bit on the understeery side out of the box. Will be racing it *very* soon.

Last edited by TheKman; 06-01-2014 at 01:19 AM.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

I wonder if anyone else has had a bent chassis out of the box? Mine has about 0.5-1 degree of twist. During the build I noticed it but didn't think it was going to be a problem. With winter here I'm thinking I'll have time to try to straighten it out. Any suggestions? I'm thinking a simple clamp jig will suffice.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheKman
I wonder if anyone else has had a bent chassis out of the box? Mine has about 0.5-1 degree of twist. During the build I noticed it but didn't think it was going to be a problem. With winter here I'm thinking I'll have time to try to straighten it out. Any suggestions? I'm thinking a simple clamp jig will suffice.
I have a slightly bent chassis as well. very noticible when car is viewed from the back.

if you contact horizon, i'm sure they'll take care of you.

I talked with horizon on the phone about it and they were very responsive. I was supposed to send a picture but never followed up. still on my to do list....
Old 06-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TheKman
Your chassis isn't bent. You tweaked your chassis by overtightening the motor clamp screws.
Loosen the motor clamp. Twist the chassis back and forth. Be sure the tweak is out then tighten the motor clamp screws backup. Watch that you don't over tighten them.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

I had mine out at practice a few times, lapping the ebuggys, havent raced it yet, running locked clicker...love it
Old 06-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Anyone else having a problem w the motor moving and shredding spur gears? I used the car for 2-3 mos w no issues, now everytime I go out the motor eventually moves and strips the spur. The piece that mounts to the motor is on tight and i lock down the motor clamp as well. My LHS nor I can figure out why this keeps happening.

Any ideas?

Then I'm left w the wonderful task of changing the spur on this thing. Please tell me someone has a better way to do it then taking the entire drivetrain apart, like i've been doing.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by darkstar1974
Anyone else having a problem w the motor moving and shredding spur gears? I used the car for 2-3 mos w no issues, now everytime I go out the motor eventually moves and strips the spur. The piece that mounts to the motor is on tight and i lock down the motor clamp as well. My LHS nor I can figure out why this keeps happening.

Any ideas?

Then I'm left w the wonderful task of changing the spur on this thing. Please tell me someone has a better way to do it then taking the entire drivetrain apart, like i've been doing.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Did you change the bearings on the shaft? Once you set the mesh properly, use a sharpie to place a mark from the motor plate to the upper clamp. If the motor moves during your run then the mark will no longer line up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.